You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2015 7:57 pm  #1

Brett

I wish we knew if Brett was dating anyone etc?!? Does anyone have any scoop?

9/09/2015 8:16 pm  #2

Re: Brett

On the day T made the divorce announcement, she said she wasn't sure if Brett was dating anyone but that from the time they separated he was free to do so.

I wonder if he stayed in their apartment or moved elsewhere.

Last edited by DestinationAwesometown (9/09/2015 8:17 pm)

9/09/2015 8:16 pm  #3

They were talking about dating apps last week and a caller told taylor to check out Hinge. Im almost positive that somewhat under her breath, Taylor said,"oh my ex is on hinge."

9/09/2015 8:31 pm  #4

Drumpet wrote:

They were talking about dating apps last week and a caller told taylor to check out Hinge. Im almost positive that somewhat under her breath, Taylor said,"oh my ex is on hinge."

Yep I heard it too!

9/09/2015 8:32 pm  #5

I'm guessing he stayed in the apartment.

9/10/2015 9:00 am  #6

Didn't someone dig up the link for the real estate listing for their old (super duper nice) apartment right around the time when we were in the dark about the divorce? Pretty sure it was posted to the reddit page a while back. 

I heard her say that her ex was on hinge too.. i also think the SILs were trying to hook him up with girls before the divorce was even finalized. not sure which thread that was mentioned...

Last edited by ohmygodjackie (9/10/2015 9:02 am)

4/15/2016 12:29 pm  #7

I didn't know where else to post this, they (he?) lost a lot of money on this sale! I wonder why not hang on, I can't see the market dropping that much??

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/tribeca/250-west-street/apartment-6H/sold/A168275

4/15/2016 12:32 pm  #8

No he didn't. I think that was her turning over her half of the apt to him taking her name off the deed when they were divorced. TriBeCa is untouchable. It's prob worth 50% more than they paid for it.

If you scroll the sellers were t and b. Buyer was b.

Last edited by Getmommieouttathabox (4/15/2016 12:33 pm)

4/15/2016 12:40 pm  #9

Getmommieouttathabox wrote:

If you scroll the sellers were t and b. Buyer was b.

Thanks! I was reading it as the other way, he bought, they sold. Was so confused lol

4/15/2016 1:05 pm  #10

He's still in the area I would think.  I see him from time to time on the weekends when we are on the same path-I'm on my bike and he's running/jogging

He's very cute.

Proud to be pink

4/16/2016 4:59 am  #11

2 milli for 1800 sq. feet??? I'll never cut it living in the city. I'm in a 3200 sq. house and it's a fraction of that in cost.

4/16/2016 8:07 am  #12

I think it's prob worth like $3.5 now
1800 sf is huge in NYC. Huge.

4/18/2016 11:29 am  #13

I appreciate how today, in the first hour, Taylor started telling a story about "a past relationship", and then stopped herself to acknowledge that it's about Brett, and that everyone is aware who she is talking about. Ahh...some authenticity that she always talks about...!

4/18/2016 11:49 am  #14

ICantEven wrote:

I appreciate how today, in the first hour, Taylor started telling a story about "a past relationship", and then stopped herself to acknowledge that it's about Brett, and that everyone is aware who she is talking about. Ahh...some authenticity that she always talks about...!

That was refreshing! Did she also say something to the effect "I don't have any new stories.." Or something? I thought I caught that but I was only half listening.

“I don’t always stir the pot, sometimes I smoke it...” 🚬

4/18/2016 5:00 pm  #15

What was the story about? Anything good?

4/18/2016 7:39 pm  #16

meepmeep wrote:

What was the story about? Anything good?

I think it was about how he would often call/text her throughout the day at work or with friends and be upset if he didn't get an answer from her.

5/06/2016 9:47 pm  #17

I remember several times when Taykor would mention this incident with Brett when he, Taylor and Nicole riding in a cab and Brett started singing some song in an Indian voice. Taylor used to tell that story and would be so embarrassed by him (I thought it was kinda funny and didn't see the big deal). Lately she's been doing an Indian voice a lot but says it's ok because she has an Indian friend. Pretty ironic I guess. It was kinda funny when she does it. Anyway, poor Brett.

7/25/2016 10:45 pm  #18

Anyone living in NY who has connections to Brett?

I'm curious if Brett has been listening to the show/ his reaction to everything that has gone down

8/25/2016 7:14 am  #19

Listening today infuriated me. There was a recorded segue where she is saying something about her wusband looking like a chia pet. If you ended your divorce amicably and you are still friends, do you really expect him to talk to you after hearing this? I understand she has diarrhea of the mouth and sometimes things slip out but this was recorded sound bite. Taylor, you are stooping too low.

8/25/2016 7:39 am  #20

And she told another story where she called him an "ex boyfriend" again(even though if you're a long time listener, you've heard the story when it was about Brett) and she called him a stupid dick. She quickly said, no he was the best, but I thought it was mean to insult him just to get a laugh.

8/25/2016 8:59 am  #21

Last edited by Zara81 (8/26/2016 10:39 pm)

8/25/2016 2:10 pm  #22

I always felt bad for him, and near the end (before divorce clues were coming out) I wondered how he did it. I assumed they must have had a pretty rock solid relationship to just let all that stuff be brushed off.

8/25/2016 4:18 pm  #23

Zara81 wrote:

I feel kind of bad for Brett. I think he was stuck in a terrible spot between his sisters and Taylor. My thing is, the marriage wasn't going to last regardless. Taylor says it was all because of his family but I just don't believe that. And if Brett had cut out his sisters out for Taylor, they still would have divorced and now he wouldn't have Taylor or his sisters. I think he was in a no win situation where he wanted to please everyone.

'This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one. 

Brett would have not lost his sisters. wonder what would have happened if everyone had given a few more inches?  maybe same outcome?  gotta say tho that since tay has been more revealing about where she is in her life, it seems her SIL bashing has fallen almost completely off. I'm glad for her for this

8/25/2016 4:23 pm  #24

I think she felt really unsupported in the marriage which may have led to resentment which may have lead to her lashing out on air (plus, we all pretty much LOVED the real life Brett talk. We are upset with her for not doing the same with T2). I have a MIL who is a nightmare. She decided that two weeks before I have my first baby was the right time to tell me how much she disliked me and wished my husband had never met me and was still with his ex. My husband had my back. Didn't allow her to come to the hospital or our house after the baby was born and allowed me to get to a place that I was ok with her coming to visit. I feel like Brett pushed the E's on Tay in an uncomfortable and abnormal way.

8/25/2016 7:12 pm  #25

Tay just liked one of the e sister's insta pics. Hasn't she been proclaiming that she doesn't follow/like any of Brett or his family on social media? Lol. Whoopsies, girl. You must have double clicked on pic by mistake.

8/25/2016 7:16 pm  #26

Women just struggle to get along with each other. Point blank. Sorry. I am a woman but it's true. Wives can't see the perspective of the family and vice versa. Think about it. As a mother or sister, you care so much about the son/brother and love them so much and are protective over them. Then a woman comes along, he gets married, and you're basically replaced and pushed aside. The wife expects holidays to be with her family, the wife argues with the family and expects you to blindly take her side, etc. Why can't wives see how hard of a transition this is for the mom and sisters? The wife is gaining a husband but the mom and sisters are in a way losing a relationship. I think it would be helpful to just have some empathy and understanding on both sides. I hate hearing about mother in laws and sister in laws fighting. Men don't do this.

8/25/2016 8:07 pm  #27

My mother in law is awesome so I got lucky. But I also understand the need for her to still have a relationship with my husband. So like on thanksgiving, he'll go over there early and spend the day cooking and hanging out with her while I go visit my family. Because that's what they did before I came around. I then come over later and have dinner with everyone. A lot of men are pretty close to their moms so why not let them continue that relationship after they get married.

I will admit, I don't have a lot of experience with awful mother in laws so I would probably change my tune if I did. But I do think a lot of the problems stem from neither side wanting to budge. And neither side understanding where the other one is coming from. I think mothers with sons understand. When a woman comes along and takes the guy away, it's hard. I think wives don't understand that unless they have brothers or sons of their own.

8/25/2016 8:24 pm  #28

I think some of the responsibility also lies with the men- not all, lol we definitely have our issues as women, but they do have some culpability.

My SIL and I have always been like oil and water. I've said in another post how I really did make an effort for a long time, including having her as a bridesmaid because she's his only sibling. We never planned to do a first dance at our wedding, or the mother/son, father/daughter dances, bouquet toss or any of that. As a bridesmaid, she knew that. During the reception, she went to my parents' table and asked them if she could announce our first dance. They told her no, that we didn't want to and didn't have one planned. I guess she didn't like that answer, because she then came to our table and asked the same question. We told her NO in no uncertain terms not to do that. Well 5 minutes later she was on stage with the band announcing it. Just to not make things super awkward, we got up and danced and only my close friends/family knew anything was wrong. I let it go for the moment so as not to ruin the rest of my wedding night, but when we got back from the honeymoon I was still upset so we addressed it with her and asked that in the future she respect our decisions/boundaries. She said she "wanted to give us a wonderful memory" and some other crap. She's continued to exhibit this I-know-better-than-you and attention getting behavior so she clearly didn't listen.

Anyway, there was some situation that caused all of this to come to a head again and I finally said to my husband "you make me feel really guilty for not liking/wanting to be BFFs with your sister. I've really tried, and you know it. I feel like you're asking me to be closer with her than you even are and I don't understand why. Why isn't it enough for me to just be cordial with her?" (They are not very close at all, don't even talk very often) He said I was right, and that he was hoping somehow I could fix things with her because his relationship with her has never been great. On the one hand that's kind of sweet, but on the other it's kind of unfair to me since clearly he realizes she's not the easiest to get along with.

Part of the reason men's family relationships suffer post-marriage is because they are (generally) crappy communicators. My husband openly admits it about himself, and I know my SIL has told him she's upset bc he doesn't reach out to her very often. But that has NOTHING to do with me- I've told him he can spend as much time with her as he wants. Like so often happens, I think this is another case of women rushing to blame each other without assigning any blame to the man.

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

8/25/2016 8:30 pm  #29

I get that it's hard for mothers to give up their boys. I have two. I also have a brother. I've seen my mom have a hard time with my SIL for no good reason and I've called her out. Bottom line, you always have your spouses back unless they are being totally unreasonable. I feel like Brett liked to toe the line between Tay and the E's. You simply can't do that. If there's an issue, you work it out or you have to draw the line. At the end of the day, our marriage and family is at the top of the pyramid and everything else is secondary. I've come to a better place with my husbands mom and family but I trust them zero percent. I guess it's easier for me because my husband is in the same place. (PS, My MIL is coming to visit for the next four days...yay...)

8/25/2016 8:41 pm  #30

Haha best of luck with that chelchel, I feel your pain! Glad you've been able to get to a workable place with everyone. We're almost there...only been married for 2 years but so far I think my husband is dealing with it as well as can be expected. It's a process.

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

Board footera