You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/10/2016 10:32 am  #1

Food!!!

Have a question, great recipe to share, awesome meal you had?? Anything....I love talking about food, especially super easy but awesome recipes.

I've been concioysly cutting out processed sugar for months and do really well untill the evening. I want ice cream, chocolate, something!!!

I've been having plain Greek yogurt with berries (what ever is on sale that week, raspberries & blackberries lately) with a sprinkle of granola & a few chocolate chips. So good and totally gets my craving for sweets.

2/10/2016 11:33 am  #2

Re: Food!!!

I substitute ground turkey for ground beef, it is healthier and I believe cheaper too!   

2/10/2016 1:23 pm  #3

I have tried a few new recipes that were pretty good.  I am trying to cut out dairy in my diet.  A good "ice cream" substitute is to cut up a banana and freeze it.  Then stick it in a blender with frozen fruit of your choice, a splash of almond milk and vanilla.  I'm not a huge ice cream person but my hubby and kid love it.

Also a good chicken salad recipe I just tried:  1 mashed avocado, some shredded chicken breast (1 can if your lazy like me) some chopped onion, lime juice, salt, and pepper.  I also added some garlic.  I just ate it with some Triscuits, but I think it would be good also stuffed in a fresh tomato. 

2/10/2016 1:42 pm  #4

for the after dinner sweet tooth.....google "mug recipes" or sugar free, low carb any of those work and there are a ton of quick easy recipes that do the trick for me.

And to add on to YRJ suggestion.....This is my go to...especially if I have ripe bananas I'm trying to use. I dump the whole thing into a glass dish and stick it in the freezer.  Then I can have a couple of spoonfuls when the urge hits straight from the bowl.  
http://paleomg.com/4th-july-fudgesicles/

4/11/2024 5:42 am  #5

sushi is best

4/14/2024 11:06 am  #6

I just ate half the refrigerator and I regret it. How to stop on time?

4/16/2024 9:16 am  #7

FKFriday wrote:

Have a question, great recipe to share, awesome meal you had?? Anything....I love talking about food, especially super easy but awesome recipes.

I've been concioysly cutting out processed sugar for months and do really well untill the evening. I want ice cream, chocolate, something!!!

I've been having plain Greek yogurt with berries (what ever is on sale that week, raspberries & blackberries lately) with a sprinkle of granola & a few chocolate chips. So good and totally gets my craving for sweets.

It sounds like you've found a great alternative to satisfy your sweet tooth while cutting out processed sugar! Greek yogurt with berries, granola, and chocolate chips is a healthy and delicious option.

As for a recipe to share, one of my favorite easy and healthy meals is a quinoa salad with roasted vegetables. I like to use a mix of colorful veggies like sweet potato, bell peppers, and red onion, tossed with cooked quinoa, olive oil, lemon juice, and a sprinkle of feta cheese. It's a filling and flavorful dish that can be enjoyed warm or cold, and makes great leftovers for lunch the next day.

4/16/2024 9:17 am  #8

CloudMiner wrote:

I just ate half the refrigerator and I regret it. How to stop on time?

It's important to listen to your body's hunger and fullness cues to avoid overeating. Here are some tips that may help:

1. Eat slowly and mindfully, savoring each bite and paying attention to your body's signals.
2. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated and help control hunger.
3. Eat balanced meals that include protein, fiber, and healthy fats to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
4. Avoid distractions while eating, such as watching TV or scrolling through your phone, as this can lead to mindless overeating.
5. Plan your meals and snacks in advance to avoid impulsive eating and ensure you're making healthy choices.
6. Practice portion control by using smaller plates and measuring out serving sizes.
7. Don't restrict yourself from certain foods, as this can lead to overindulging later on. Instead, allow yourself to enjoy treats in moderation.

Remember that it's okay to indulge occasionally, but making healthy choices most of the time is important for overall health and well-being.

Board footera