You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/14/2016 8:50 am  #1

"News" stories

Ok, so I can't figure out all of these "news" stories surrounding Wakeup lately. I just listened to the Luann show and was searching who Bethanny was dating and came across this article, even Dr. Wider was mentioned... http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/08/14/luann-de-lesseps-blasts-bethenny-for-hiding-her-married-boyfriend/

8/14/2016 9:41 am  #2

Re: "News" stories

That's so odd! Tons of comments, so the site must get lots of readers. The story is written weird though, like the quotes are in weird context or something. I laughed at GE spilled the tea lol

8/14/2016 9:48 am  #3

Also, how many times was Radar Online mentioned in the first 30 minutes of Friday's show?

8/14/2016 11:02 am  #4

Yeah cb it was so weird how many times radar was brought up. Quid pro quo or something going on

8/14/2016 12:47 pm  #5

Just listened to Andy Cohen Live show from Monday. He started the show mentioning last week's Housewives week on WUWT. He sounded like he was promoting it. They ran two commercials that I heard on the station during the show for WU. I get he wants to promote the housewives, but it sounded like a push for the show also.

8/14/2016 1:52 pm  #6

ChanelBag wrote:

Also, how many times was Radar Online mentioned in the first 30 minutes of Friday's show?

So now she does the 7 things from Radar online? I'm just listening to Friday's show. It is not a reputable news site. 

8/14/2016 2:11 pm  #7

That's what I'm thinking. What is the Radar Online connection? Andy has said he hates them. It sounded like the 7 things was almost sponsored by them. Do you think Matt, or whomever, made an agreement with them they would mention them on-air if they ran stories about Taylor?

8/15/2016 2:05 pm  #8

Ican'teveeeen wrote:

That's what I'm thinking. What is the Radar Online connection? Andy has said he hates them. It sounded like the 7 things was almost sponsored by them. Do you think Matt, or whomever, made an agreement with them they would mention them on-air if they ran stories about Taylor?

that's a possibility. i used to work in the entertainment journalism sector at the most reputable mag... 

it's a give and take for info. usually people give scoop in trade for getting their business or products mentioned in some other fashion. would make sense that radar posts taylor stuff and in return, she mentions them on her show all the time. 

8/15/2016 4:14 pm  #9

You'd think the team would make them get the details right, half the stories call her show a podcast. Oopsy.

Also, if this is the case, would she protested  so much on air? Wasn't she saying they took her words out of context? I would think they (RO) would call her for that. Like, no get it straight, you gave us this/these stories... Of course, this is all speculation, I have no idea how any of that works lol.

“I don’t always stir the pot, sometimes I smoke it...” 🚬

8/16/2016 8:22 am  #10

All information provided is for entertainment only and I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. (EYEROLL)

8/16/2016 8:38 am  #11

Being "label less" has sure given her a lot of media attention.

Last edited by BathiesTime (8/16/2016 8:39 am)

8/16/2016 8:59 am  #12

Sorry to be crass, but she really blew her load on that one (If she's trying to gain new listeners with these articles). Don't even have to listen to the show now because they literally covered every topic / story she's ever told in the last decade. Including wasband. Ugh. Can we not?

8/16/2016 9:08 am  #13

BathiesTime wrote:

I do really like the labeless thing. Straight people don't have to say what they are, no one else should either.

8/16/2016 11:00 am  #14

BathiesTime wrote:

I'm with you on this.  I'm still not a 100% this is a true relationship yet or of convenience. More of this will get her attention. I feel like I being mean saying that, but that's what of these articles are about. I do like the label less love.  If she is in love with her then this might be the only woman she is ever with.

Last edited by Notcoolkid (8/16/2016 11:01 am)

8/16/2016 11:29 am  #15

I love that her dad is "the doctor in town"

8/16/2016 11:46 am  #16

Being Label-less is great, so then why is it newsworthy??  Who cares if she's dating a woman... she is not the first person in entertainment to come out..

8/16/2016 1:17 pm  #17

I thought the point was not having to announce what gender one is dating, right? She didn't like that td had to say she was a lesbian so if that's the point then why all the announcements?

8/17/2016 3:16 am  #18

Getmommieouttathabox wrote:

I thought the point was not having to announce what gender one is dating, right? She didn't like that td had to say she was a lesbian so if that's the point then why all the announcements?

Because it's proving to be advantageous for her either for notoriety or monetary. She gets to now be a special snowflake in the world of women in radio. -_-

8/17/2016 7:14 am  #19

Notcoolkid wrote:

BathiesTime wrote:

I'm with you on this. I'm still not a 100% this is a true relationship yet or of convenience. More of this will get her attention. I feel like I being mean saying that, but that's what of these articles are about. I do like the label less love. If she is in love with her then this might be the only woman she is ever with.

I am getting the same impression. It is like she used this "relationship" to get an angle. The more this goes on the worse I feel for Brett. Also, did you hear about her comments about not liking sex the other day? Totally contradicts her "story".

8/17/2016 11:38 am  #20

tada wrote:

Notcoolkid wrote:

BathiesTime wrote:

I'm with you on this. I'm still not a 100% this is a true relationship yet or of convenience. More of this will get her attention. I feel like I being mean saying that, but that's what of these articles are about. I do like the label less love. If she is in love with her then this might be the only woman she is ever with.

I am getting the same impression. It is like she used this "relationship" to get an angle. The more this goes on the worse I feel for Brett. Also, did you hear about her comments about not liking sex the other day? Totally contradicts her "story".

Yes my thoughts exactly about the sex! The other day she said she doesn't like sex. Hmmmmm not what you were quoted in the news story. Out of respect for Brett, I would not mention anything to do with their sex life. That's not co.

8/17/2016 1:15 pm  #21

What about the people that have been gay their whole lives - the ones that have been teased, bullied, have thought about suicide, been kicked out of their families?  Taylor's the new go-to authority of the gay community?  She can't even say the word.  It maddens me that this is being used for publicity.  

8/17/2016 2:30 pm  #22

youcaaango wrote:

What about the people that have been gay their whole lives - the ones that have been teased, bullied, have thought about suicide, been kicked out of their families?  Taylor's the new go-to authority of the gay community?  She can't even say the word.  It maddens me that this is being used for publicity.  

Same- and it will be hard for her to argue that it's not, because she has never been written about in a major publication before and now two articles come out both focused on her coming out as "label-less". Which by the way I'm going to call bullshit on- in general, not specifically with regard to Taylor- because the term label-less IS a label! I don't really see how it's any different than bisexual- even if she is never with a woman other than TD, the fact remains she has had romantic/sexual relationship(s) with both men and women. She said she used to identify as straight, which implies she now identifies as something different- you can't be NOTHING. Even being asexual is a thing. You can identify as a certain sexuality without having it also define you as a person. The fact that she  outright said "I used to identify as straight" but refuses to take any real ownership of her new/different sexuality, whatever that may be, is really kind of offensive to the LGBT community.

If I were her I would be less than thrilled that I can only get attention for who I'm dating and not for my actual talent or accomplishments- and when you put it that way, she doesn't seem much different than the Kardashians (famous for....nothing? Sex tape?).

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

8/17/2016 2:47 pm  #23

Durst_Burp wrote:

youcaaango wrote:

Same- and it will be hard for her to argue that it's not, because she has never been written about in a major publication before and now two articles come out both focused on her coming out as "label-less". Which by the way I'm going to call bullshit on- in general, not specifically with regard to Taylor- because the term label-less IS a label! I don't really see how it's any different than bisexual- even if she is never with a woman other than TD, the fact remains she has had romantic/sexual relationship(s) with both men and women. She said she used to identify as straight, which implies she now identifies as something different- you can't be NOTHING. Even being asexual is a thing. You can identify as a certain sexuality without having it also define you as a person. The fact that she  outright said "I used to identify as straight" but refuses to take any real ownership of her new/different sexuality, whatever that may be, is really kind of offensive to the LGBT community.

If I were her I would be less than thrilled that I can only get attention for who I'm dating and not for my actual talent or accomplishments- and when you put it that way, she doesn't seem much different than the Kardashians (famous for....nothing? Sex tape?).

Well said! We are all SOMETHING. It just doesn't have to define us as a person. If you are a woman who enjoys sex with another woman, then you are either gay or bisexual. It is what it is.

8/17/2016 3:04 pm  #24

Just to clarify- I'm not calling bullshit on their relationship, or anyone's right to love whoever they want, just the refusal to take ownership. Taylor choosing the "label-less" thing just makes all of this feel like more of a PR ploy than if she just came out as gay/bi because ambiguous sexuality is trendy right now (a la Miley Cyrus' gender-fluid statement).

Haha she's already got a gender-neutral name- maybe she wants to be like Pat! 

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

8/23/2016 9:05 am  #25

Caught like 10 min on my way to work...honestly, if I have to hear the term "label-less love" one more time, I will vom...we get it Taylor, can we move the fuck on please??? It's really not that clever. Also, please bury "wasband" while you're at it. 

8/23/2016 9:09 am  #26

I think wasband is cute, pigeon holed seems to be the new catch phrase though! We started doing coffee shots at work everytime she said it lol

8/23/2016 9:23 am  #27

Who is co-hosting today?

8/23/2016 9:30 am  #28

chelchel wrote:

Who is co-hosting today?

A comedian/food host named Alex. I really liked her, but Taylor kept cutting her off with her own stories everytime she started one so didn't hear much from her. She also dated men, then most recently a woman. She started talking about it and going back to men, but Taylor stopped her. Sounded really interesting, would love for Jenny to interview her and actually hear her story.

8/23/2016 9:33 am  #29

Her name is Alex Themopolis(sp). She's a comedienne that hosts a cooking show. I love her so far. She has a great voice and I like what she has to say.

8/23/2016 9:36 am  #30

Oops, someone beat me to it.

Board footera