You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/06/2016 10:26 am  #1

Food!!!!!

Prefacing this with I'm incredibly lazy in the kitchen. Anything that can be done quickly (bonus points if it looks like it took awhile!) will be what I choose.

Both of these recipes I've tried in the past few weeks and are great! Super easy, and are awesome....the cake especially!

I split this in two and gave one to my neighbour, she came over the next morning that her hubby and FIL had eaten it all and she needed the recipe lol
Ugly Duckling Cake

These Mayo Biscuits are good (you can't taste the mayonnaise), bonus they come togeather in about 2 minutes. I added raisins and did drop tea biscuits, I think they might be kind of blah on there own, but next time I want to dry garlic and cheddar cheese in them.
Biscuits

Any great recipes you have?

10/06/2016 3:17 pm  #2

Re: Food!!!!!

Try emeals! It's the best thing that ever happened to my cooking life. It gives you a meal plan and a shopping list for each week. It has almost every diet you can think of (kid friendly, clean eating, paleo, weight watchers, etc.). I do the quick and healthy plan and it is so easy and so good! You can also customize your meals for the week to only include the ones you want in your shopping list. It gives you seven meals and I usually choose 3-4 to actually make.

10/06/2016 8:16 pm  #3

Sis Sister's Stuff is a recipe page on Facebook that posts really easy, tasty recipes. They also post a lot of videos with the ingredients you need. 

10/07/2016 7:37 am  #4

Ican'teveeeen wrote:

Sis Sister's Stuff is a recipe page on Facebook that posts really easy, tasty recipes. They also post a lot of videos with the ingredients you need. 

I'm addicted to those videos!! I have Tasty & Delish and found one the other day that's Pennies something. I'll check this one out.....thanks!

10/07/2016 3:23 pm  #5

I love the One Pot Mexican Quinoa video on Damn Delicious.  It's so good - just add some chicken or shrimp and you're good to go.  No muss, no fuss.  http://damndelicious.net/2014/04/09/one-pan-mexican-quinoa/

10/07/2016 3:36 pm  #6

Y'all have to buy an Instant Pot! My new obsession. I've made ribs and a entire 3 lb chicken in 30 minutes 😍

10/08/2016 11:44 am  #7

youcaaango wrote:

I love the One Pot Mexican Quinoa video on Damn Delicious.  It's so good - just add some chicken or shrimp and you're good to go.  No muss, no fuss.  http://damndelicious.net/2014/04/09/one-pan-mexican-quinoa/

This is a staple in my dinner rotation! SO good!!!  I often add a bag of frozen corn/pepper/bean mixture (Herdez Yucatan Blend is perfect if you can find it) which makes it all the easier! Sometimes I use a romaine or bibb lettuce leaf to make a little "lettuce taco" 

Last edited by secco (10/08/2016 11:50 am)

2/24/2017 9:23 am  #8

I know this thread is geared towards recipes, but I didn't know where else to post.

I am going to New Orleans, for the first time, in a few days and was hoping for you well traveled ladies to help me with dinner recommendations. I hear the Garden District is a good place to eat, although I'm open to anywhere. I would love to try a place with true Louisiana cuisine and when I Google it, there are so many choices!
I rented a home a few blocks from Bourbon, in the French Quarter, so preferably walking distance.

Thank you!

2/24/2017 2:31 pm  #9

Well you're In luck bc I basically grew up there!! Will you be there for Mardi Gras?

Anyways...GWFinns is delish!! Murials is like a staple brunch place, both are good. If you want steak, Brennen's is good. And go to Commanders palace for a week-day lunch (.25 cent martinies and you get good food for cheaper than dinner).

They have a new pasta place called Avo on Magazine that's really good, and I believe  you can Trolly from bourbon area  to pretty close to it.

Also, Drago's has stuffed lobster that's sooo good! I've never been to the downtown one, but the meterie  one is really good!

Pro tip: if your just walking and drinking you can buy tall boys from the Rouses super market in the quarter and save some dollars! And you can drink and walk, but they now have a law that no glass is allowed on the street.

Last edited by piopio12 (2/24/2017 2:32 pm)

2/26/2017 7:35 am  #10

Thank you so much Pio!
Yes, I'll be there for Mardi Gras. I wanted to be there on Fat Tuesday.
I will check all of that out!

2/26/2017 8:59 am  #11

You'll have so much fun!! I'm planning on going to watch mid-city today, it's one of my favorites because of all the bands! And Harry Connicks parade's floats are so pretty!

2/26/2017 9:08 am  #12

piopio12 wrote:

You'll have so much fun!! I'm planning on going to watch mid-city today, it's one of my favorites because of all the bands! And Harry Connicks parade's floats are so pretty!

Wait... do you live there now?

I wanted to go on the weekend so bad, but the homes on VRBO were so much more expensive on the weekends, so I decided that New Orleans is probably fun any time. I'll just have to go back!

2/26/2017 9:21 am  #13

No, i live about an hour away and i'm just stopping in for a few hours todays!

3/01/2017 4:43 pm  #14

Has anyone tried "cloud bread"? I'm trying to eat less carbs and wondering if any of you have experience with it.

3/01/2017 6:01 pm  #15

Not cloud bread, but I was told to eat Ezekiel bread.  It has made a huge difference in my weight and bloat.  It's sold in the freezer section.

3/02/2017 10:33 am  #16

I've been trying to cut carbs too, such a struggle! Ezekiel bread is great, another carb-friendly option is Tumaros "let's skip the sandwich" wraps. They are 60 calories and come in all different flavors. Now I'll use those in the morning to make a breakfast wrap or instead of bread for sandwiches @ lunch time. I love them!

3/02/2017 11:53 am  #17

ThatWholeBrevityThang wrote:

I've been trying to cut carbs too, such a struggle! Ezekiel bread is great, another carb-friendly option is Tumaros "let's skip the sandwich" wraps. They are 60 calories and come in all different flavors. Now I'll use those in the morning to make a breakfast wrap or instead of bread for sandwiches @ lunch time. I love them!

Thanks! I'll look into that brand. I've tried the lettuce instead of bread but it just doesn't work for me lol the carb struggle is real.

3/10/2017 4:40 pm  #18

BathiesTime.....how was your trip to New Orleans?? did you have fun?? I saw where a girl went missing, but deducted it was not you, but I also haven't seen you post in a while either...just checking.

3/13/2017 5:01 am  #19

piopio12 wrote:

BathiesTime.....how was your trip to New Orleans?? did you have fun?? I saw where a girl went missing, but deducted it was not you, but I also haven't seen you post in a while either...just checking.

Yikes! Thanks, girl! I didn't hear about anyone missing, but that is scary stuff!
I don't post much because I don't listen anymore so I rarely have things to add. I'm always lurking though.

My trip was so great! I had the best time and was so sad when it ended.
Of course I did hardly any of the things I was planning to, because the crowds made it hard to get around. We'd be walking, and see a place that looked fun, but impossible to get to. I also went with 12 other women, so we spent too much time deciding on what to do next. It was for my bachelorette party and so I also spent too much time drunk in the streets. lol. Walking around with booze is the best. I did try crawfish, a Po-boy, and a Beignet though. I didn't see any many boobs as I thought I would, but came home with countless beads.
I have decided that I need to go back when it's not Mardi Gras, because I was there until Thursday morning, and on Wednesday, it was a whole different place. Streets were spotless and clear, it was easy to walk around and you could see clearly into each restaurant/ bar.

Last edited by BathiesTime (3/13/2017 5:09 am)

3/20/2017 8:16 pm  #20

Anyone have any good, fast meals? I've been making a fake pad Thai (garlic, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil melted in a pan, add cooked vermachelli, sometimes veggies, serve with peanuts, sweet chilli & lime), literally takes 5 minutes to make and is amazing. I made a huge pot of soup, and this week I'll probably alternate between those for dinner.

Anyone have anything like that they make? I need quick meals to I don't turn to crap when I get home late!

3/20/2017 9:53 pm  #21

I usually turn to cookinglight.com.  They have tons of easy quick recipes.

3/20/2017 9:56 pm  #22

I've been doing sweet potatoes, red onions and colored bell peppers with sliced sausage in a skillet sometimes I melt cheese on top. It doesn't take long.  I'm also trying an egg roll bowl later this week. I'll let you know how it goes!

3/21/2017 7:03 am  #23

Oh....egg roll bowl sounds awesome! Please share when you try it!

I can eat an obscene amount of sweet potatoes on the bbq tossed in olive oil, salt & pepper. Nothing else for dinner and I'm a happy girl!

3/22/2017 6:30 pm  #24

https://wholenewmom.com/recipes/egg-roll-in-a-bowl/ 

egg roll in a bowl was a success!! i added like 1/4 of a red bell pepper, and used 1/2 lb of ground turkey and 1/2 a bag of the bagged coleslaw cabbage and carrot combo!

Board footera