You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/29/2018 8:22 am  #1

Taste of Tay

From this mornings show, it sounds like the podcast will be original content? That's pretty cool! Impressed she seems to really be trying this time!

1/29/2018 8:41 am  #2

Re: Taste of Tay

I wish I could listen
I think maybe a good idea would be a weekly free podcast, because her show is daily. What if she did a weekly wrap up for us non subscribers? Maybe took some fan suggestions/answer questions in that podcast? Feed us more reason to subscribe and pay? That would probably end up convincing me too pay because I would get curious if she said “answer revealed on Tuesday’s show” or “next week I’ll have this line up make sure you subscribe to check it out.”

1/29/2018 8:48 am  #3

That's what it is, a free podcast

1/29/2018 9:24 am  #4

The way I understood, this weeks podcast is only original content because they didn’t have the logistics worked out yet and wanted to get something out. It sounds like she’s not even going to cut and paste the best segments from the week, just planning on replaying a random hour from the week.

“I don’t always stir the pot, sometimes I smoke it...” 🚬

1/29/2018 9:54 am  #5

That must be why she was recording something at home with TD last night.

1/30/2018 10:30 am  #6

I may be technologically challenged but I can't for the life of me find the Taste of Tay Podcast.  Is it just me?

1/30/2018 10:36 am  #7

I saw a post about it not being available yet. Derek commented that they've submitted it but they are waiting for itunes to approve it. It takes a few days, sometimes up to a week. I can attest to that, as i've submitted podcasts in the past.  

1/30/2018 10:49 am  #8

What???? Can we listen to you????

1/30/2018 11:00 am  #9

Yes!  I love to listen to new podcasts!

1/30/2018 1:03 pm  #10

On_Point wrote:

I saw a post about it not being available yet. Derek commented that they've submitted it but they are waiting for itunes to approve it. It takes a few days, sometimes up to a week. I can attest to that, as i've submitted podcasts in the past.  

But shouldn't they have researched and known that in order to properly advertise the Taste of Tay launch?

1/30/2018 3:22 pm  #11

I am really confused what this is and how often it will be on... so, is it once per week? Is she still doing the ‘bonus free shows’ for the subscribers (in addition to this) for the TSS? (Does she know her initials stand for Toxic Shock Syndrome? JK...that was random!)

1/30/2018 4:24 pm  #12

I was looking for it but I just read its not out yet. She did the taste of Taylor with Taylor D and they talk about the past weeks show. 

1/30/2018 4:54 pm  #13

I can appreciate that it takes a few days for Apple to approve but dear god Taylor, this is just another example of piss-poor planning and execution. If that was the case she shouldn’t have given a specific date and time.

1/31/2018 9:07 am  #14

Not sure where the info is coming from but according to a Facebook post, "The podcast hasn't been approved because the image wasn't submitted to the right requirements."

I have no words.

1/31/2018 9:15 am  #15

kbk88 wrote:

Not sure where the info is coming from but according to a Facebook post, "The podcast hasn't been approved because the image wasn't submitted to the right requirements."

I have no words.

The fact that this many supposed "professionals" are so incompetent is fucking jaw-dropping. Not ONE of them can figure this shit out???

Last edited by secco (1/31/2018 9:17 am)

1/31/2018 9:27 am  #16

Rob Schuter advertised a new podcast starting yesterday. Found it on iTunes, intro and two episodes already uploaded. That's how you advertise something!

1/31/2018 9:29 am  #17

And so it begins, LOL.

1/31/2018 9:44 am  #18

kbk88 wrote:

I have no words.

Yes! She said exactly that this morning. Fucking ridiculous reason to delay. Bad planning, bad management, bad execution.

1/31/2018 11:01 am  #19

PrincessPoppy wrote:

kbk88 wrote:

I have no words.

Yes! She said exactly that this morning. Fucking ridiculous reason to delay. Bad planning, bad management, bad execution.

Trust me uploading shit to iTunes is a nitemare ! I’ve had stuff approved then removed!
It’s takes a few try’s to get right once learn all the rules.

1/31/2018 2:03 pm  #20

I don't have much hope Taste of Tay will happen with any regularity when it finally gets up on itunes. I would have thought that the podcast would have been set up at the launch of her regular show. It seems a bit of an afterthought now. It really shouldn't be because that's one of the ways she can gain new listeners.

1/31/2018 2:18 pm  #21

HeatherW wrote:

I don't have much hope Taste of Tay will happen with any regularity when it finally gets up on itunes. I would have thought that the podcast would have been set up at the launch of her regular show. It seems a bit of an afterthought now. It really shouldn't be because that's one of the ways she can gain new listeners.

I thought it would be up on Friday the first week... Then maybe Friday the second week. I agree that it probably won't be something that happens on a consistent basis.  If Taylor wasn't surrounded by this team of experts I'd be a little more understanding.

1/31/2018 2:32 pm  #22

HeatherW wrote:

Can anyone say, “Periscopes every Tuesday!” Followed by, “Whoops, not THIS Tuesday...I have a meeting.” Then, nothing.

1/31/2018 2:34 pm  #23

Haha!  I forgot about the Periscopes on Tuesdays.  This is so on point!!

1/31/2018 2:43 pm  #24

Has she followed through with any side projects/hustles or social media?  She did her radio show and Getting Younger, but those were paid jobs. 

I'm thinking of her blog, Tay's Closet, cooking show with Ed, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook... She's been posting somewhat regularly on Instagram, but certainly not as much as she could.

1/31/2018 2:54 pm  #25

Self-aware wrote:

Has she followed through with any side projects/hustles or social media?  She did her radio show and Getting Younger, but those were paid jobs. 

I'm thinking of her blog, Tay's Closet, cooking show with Ed, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook... She's been posting somewhat regularly on Instagram, but certainly not as much as she could.

Was thinking the same thing!  She was doing decent the first few days/week and now nothing today on a her insta-story.  I'm in the middle of applying for a billion jobs so I caught the end of the conversation with the "scissor sisters" and she said she would put her and her sister's faces on the photo of these "scissor sisters" .. I happened to go on Instagram earlier today and saw it ..  It's gone now lol.  Wonder what happened with that lol.

1/31/2018 7:24 pm  #26

Ahhh who has the pic?!? DM me!

1/31/2018 7:33 pm  #27

I’m the head of social media for a major brand, and I think I’m going to send this thread to the next person who says “don’t interns run social media?” (which is every. freaking. day)  This is why you pay professionals to do this stuff 

1/31/2018 7:56 pm  #28

PrincessPoppy wrote:

Ahhh who has the pic?!? DM me!

It's gone from all social media :-( 

1/31/2018 8:19 pm  #29

No1WiderFan wrote:

I’m the head of social media for a major brand, and I think I’m going to send this thread to the next person who says “don’t interns run social media?” (which is every. freaking. day)  This is why you pay professionals to do this stuff 

I broke down and have hired a company that will make graphics and post to my Facebook/insta 8 times a month.
I can’t keep up with that shit plus I forget lol

1/31/2018 8:32 pm  #30

cincella wrote:

No1WiderFan wrote:

I broke down and have hired a company that will make graphics and post to my Facebook/insta 8 times a month.
I can’t keep up with that shit plus I forget lol

I feel like that’s smart! Business owners typically have a ton to do, so get it done however necessary!

Board footera