You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/13/2015 7:13 am  #1

Today's Show! (not actually *today*)

I am enjoying todays show so much!!! Taylor is a being a little vulnerable, opening up and not playing the stupid girl (that cackle when she doesn't get something makes me batty!), she is just having a really good talk with Stephanie. This is the the show I fell in love with, hope it's back to stay!

7/13/2015 10:30 am  #2

Re: Today's Show! (not actually *today*)

So I am enjoying today's show, however, I wish Taylor wasn't so focused on money *still*! I thought she would learn more from Brett's fam, that money isn't everything. But the way she is speaking, it's still her sole focus. Makes me sad for her

7/13/2015 11:24 am  #3

Agreed- hopefully one day she'll focus on happiness instead of money....

“I don’t always stir the pot, sometimes I smoke it...” 🚬

7/13/2015 11:38 am  #4

Husbandpillow wrote:

So I am enjoying today's show, however, I wish Taylor wasn't so focused on money *still*! I thought she would learn more from Brett's fam, that money isn't everything. But the way she is speaking, it's still her sole focus. Makes me sad for her

To me, she was more looking for what would make her comfortable instead of wanting to be crazy rich. Not having to choose between AC and a meal out. 

7/13/2015 12:12 pm  #5

I think it's normal to aspire to have money. Maybe not Epstein I have nannies and housekeepers rich, but comfortable enough to buy yourself nice things and indulge in a few luxuries. Sure, money doesn't buy happiness, but it can afford you peace of mind sometimes when you don't have to watch every dime. Making good money is definitely an aspiration of mine. It's not my only aspiration, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to make as much as possible so I didn't have to worry about finances in the future, sending my kids to college, etc.

7/13/2015 12:14 pm  #6

FKFriday wrote:

I am enjoying todays show so much!!! Taylor is a being a little vulnerable, opening up and not playing the stupid girl (that cackle when she doesn't get something makes me batty!), she is just having a really good talk with Stephanie. This is the the show I fell in love with, hope it's back to stay!

Me too! Loving today's show!

7/13/2015 12:17 pm  #7

ChickenFacenook wrote:

I think it's normal to aspire to have money. Maybe not Epstein I have nannies and housekeepers rich, but comfortable enough to buy yourself nice things and indulge in a few luxuries. Sure, money doesn't buy happiness, but it can afford you peace of mind sometimes when you don't have to watch every dime. Making good money is definitely an aspiration of mine. It's not my only aspiration, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to make as much as possible so I didn't have to worry about finances in the future, sending my kids to college, etc.

I agree too! Living in the SF Bay Area is about as expensive as NYC, and being able to support one's self can be an incredibly daunting task. I very much see her learning from her "mistakes" and it's exciting to hear her talk about possible future endeavors and becoming a success in all of the ways that are important to her!

7/13/2015 1:21 pm  #8

I just thought there is so much she could've learned from and chosen to focus on, instead of money, which she is choosing to make her primary focus. But you are right in the sense that NYC is a very expensive place to live, so it does have to be a focus. Just wish it didn't seem like she's making it her primary focus. She still seemed defensive about her decision to charge for the infamous video, comparing to the webinar she did with Carin (totally different in my opinion). At first she said it was a mistake to charge, but then quickly became defensive of charging for it again. A webinar is completely different than a 12 minute, behind the scnese video of your co-hosts comedy show. I think she will eventually learn, albeit very slowly.

Last edited by Husbandpillow (7/13/2015 1:22 pm)

7/13/2015 1:41 pm  #9

I thought the webinar was a mess with zero structure. In my opinion, not worth what they charged. Why does T need to emphasis that her mom pays all the bills each time she mentions that she stayed at home? Like her mom was some unique kind of stay at home mom? I stay at home  and can tell you that paying the bills is not very time consuming.

Husbandpillow wrote:

I just thought there is so much she could've learned from and chosen to focus on, instead of money, which she is choosing to make her primary focus. But you are right in the sense that NYC is a very expensive place to live, so it does have to be a focus. Just wish it didn't seem like she's making it her primary focus. She still seemed defensive about her decision to charge for the infamous video, comparing to the webinar she did with Carin (totally different in my opinion). At first she said it was a mistake to charge, but then quickly became defensive of charging for it again. A webinar is completely different than a 12 minute, behind the scnese video of your co-hosts comedy show. I think she will eventually learn, albeit very slowly.

7/13/2015 1:49 pm  #10

That webinar WAS a hot mess!!
I've often wondered what her parents think of the way she portrays them on air...it's doesn't take a genius to pay your bills and pay them on time, I'm kind of confused as to why T thinks this is some kind of superpower....

Last edited by Wakeupfan420 (7/13/2015 1:50 pm)

7/13/2015 1:52 pm  #11

I actually did not see the webinar, but am not at all surprised it was a mess. I think that Taylor just must have really low expectations of stay at home mom's, that is literally the only reason I could imagine that she is impressed that her mom writes checks, licks envelopes and puts stamps on them? Honestly, for the life of me, I don't understand it.

7/13/2015 1:56 pm  #12

I think Taylor was extremely sheltered growing up, and entered into a marriage where she was extremely sheltered, so I really do think her development, mentally and emotionally, is a bit stunted compared to those who have gone through life less sheltered. She is embarrassingly uneducated on fiscal, political and social issues, and that comes out any time she speaks about them (which is often). During today's show I was so glad that Stephanie called her out on her support for Trump. I think Taylor backtracked a bit after that, because I think she respects Stephanie.

7/13/2015 2:01 pm  #13

Dang girl you are going after her hard it seems! First of all, her mom did WAY more than "just pay the bills" (she helped start and run her husband's business/practice, which is a huge amount of work (as is handing finances to budget to pay for education, apply for mortgages, etc and balance a family budget, but I digress). Secondly, Taylor's point isn't at all that paying bills is a huge time consuming burden! Her point is to talk about money, control and who makes the big decisions about that money. I challenge you to listen differently to what exactly she is saying sometimes.

7/13/2015 2:07 pm  #14

She frustrates me often, I would love to see her grow in this new chapter in her life.

7/13/2015 2:54 pm  #15

Husbandpillow wrote:

I think Taylor was extremely sheltered growing up, and entered into a marriage where she was extremely sheltered, so I really do think her development, mentally and emotionally, is a bit stunted compared to those who have gone through life less sheltered. She is embarrassingly uneducated on fiscal, political and social issues, and that comes out any time she speaks about them (which is often). During today's show I was so glad that Stephanie called her out on her support for Trump. I think Taylor backtracked a bit after that, because I think she respects Stephanie.

And coddled! She just needs a reality check and sometimes the people who love you the most enable these behaviors. It's going to take her sometime to figure it out but I dk if you have time in this industry. I appreciated her acknowleding that charging for the behind the scenes video was a mistake. In fact, she said she is learning to be a smart business woman (i'm excited for her but she has to put in the work). Sadly, she still managed to make excuses about it and even mentioned the cost of coffee again. In my opinion, two steps forward, one step back. She will get there......eventually. I'm glad she mentioned her bff and college friend, Nicole. Nicole is a go getter, she is on top of her shit. She is very active on social media ( I love the cooking tutorial with her hubby!), she knows current events, and after having a baby she hit the gym to get back in shape. Why? Because she knows this industry or maybe she just wants to be fit. This forum is not created for bashing Tay, I personally see it as a place where people who love her/show share their thoughts (sometimes good and sometimes not so good), not because they don't want her to be succesful, but because they do want her to succeed. I'm all about empowering women. IMHO you have to show tough love sometimes or they will never grow. Tay has been sheltered and coddled way too long. Drinking rose and complaining is not going to get her anywhere in life or this industry (well, unless they give her a reality show to show how out of touch she is with life). EEEEEEk, I have to get back to work but I love everyone's opinion here and that's why I continue to come to this forum!

Last edited by dance_queen (7/13/2015 2:56 pm)

7/13/2015 3:38 pm  #16

I was really impressed when she brought up the mistake in charging for the video this morning, but then she backtracked saying its the same price as a coffee and people buy coffee without issue. She's just not understanding the issue with charging for it. It has nothing to do with the $3. 

7/13/2015 5:16 pm  #17

You girls are all on point! Its not the $3.00!!!

It comes across to your audience as extremely pretentious, inauthentic, and down right bratty when you talk about your $500 prosecco budget and all night benders and weekends in Miami and the  Hamptons, while simultaneously bitching about being poor and how you can't pay your electric bill. That is basic budgeting girl and you are 32 years old, get it together! I know she's not a stupid person, so it bugs the shit out of me when she says things that make her sound stupid (hence the Trump and Hillary talk today) I would love more discussion about things going on in the world, but informed opinions! I don't understand how someone so clueless has such strong opinions and theories.
Regardless of my sometimes negative reactions, she is entertaining - I hope she EARNS all the success she wants in life. I don't doubt that she will, as long as she puts in the work!

Last edited by Wakeupfan420 (7/13/2015 5:17 pm)

7/13/2015 5:28 pm  #18

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

It comes across to your audience as extremely pretentious, inauthentic, and down right bratty when you talk about your $500 prosecco budget and all night benders and weekends in Miami and the  Hamptons, while simultaneously bitching about being poor and how you can't pay your electric bill. That is basic budgeting girl and you are 32 years old, get it together! I know she's not a stupid person, so it bugs the shit out of me when she says things that make her sound stupid (hence the Trump and Hillary talk today) I would love more discussion about things going on in the world, but informed opinions! I don't understand how someone so clueless has such strong opinions and theories.
Regardless of my sometimes negative reactions, she is entertaining - I hope she EARNS all the success she wants in life. I don't doubt that she will, as long as she puts in the work!

Omg, yes! I wanted to scream at her. She thinks trump is financially responsible. He filed bankruptcy 4 times!!!! That's not even the big problem with him. And I'm definetely not a fan of Hilary but not for the cheating fiasco. She is all corporation. Ugh!

7/13/2015 5:32 pm  #19

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

I think (and this is my opinion lol) a lot of her past theories, opinions and overall view on topical issues come from her parents and used to come from Brett......

7/13/2015 5:37 pm  #20

SoftPretzels wrote:

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

I think (and this is my opinion lol) a lot of her past theories, opinions and overall view on topical issues come from her parents and used to come from Brett......

I agree. Unfortunately, to work in her industry she needs to know more. I just cringe when she says things that are not accurate or make no sense.

7/13/2015 5:50 pm  #21

ThisIsHowWeDoIt4233222 wrote:

Dang girl you are going after her hard it seems! First of all, her mom did WAY more than "just pay the bills" (she helped start and run her husband's business/practice, which is a huge amount of work (as is handing finances to budget to pay for education, apply for mortgages, etc and balance a family budget, but I digress). Secondly, Taylor's point isn't at all that paying bills is a huge time consuming burden! Her point is to talk about money, control and who makes the big decisions about that money. I challenge you to listen differently to what exactly she is saying sometimes.

Sorry - I didn't mean to imply that running a medical practice isn't a lot of work - I was more so talking about the household budget thing. I take care of our finances and I also work full time;; even if someone doesn't work, it doesn't really matter either way. i don't think personally that it is some huge effort, it's just one more task that needs to be done, so someone has to do it. That happens to be me lol.
I get what she was talking about. Money and control.  If there is a power struggle over money, you have more than financial problems.. you're either a team or you're not, imo.

7/13/2015 5:55 pm  #22

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

Sorry - I didn't mean to imply that running a medical practice isn't a lot of work - I was more so talking about the household budget thing. I take care of our finances and I also work full time;; even if someone doesn't work, it doesn't really matter either way. i don't think personally that it is some huge effort, it's just one more task that needs to be done, so someone has to do it. That happens to be me lol.
I get what she was talking about. Money and control.  If there is a power struggle over money, you have more than financial problems.. you're either a team or you're not, imo.

Wakeupfan, you're all right with me. 😊

7/13/2015 5:59 pm  #23

dance_queen wrote:

Omg, yes! I wanted to scream at her. She thinks trump is financially responsible. He filed bankruptcy 4 times!!!! That's not even the big problem with him. And I'm definetely not a fan of Hilary but not for the cheating fiasco. She is all corporation. Ugh!

So much yesssss!! Does she understand what bankruptcy is? Or deficits for that matter.. Trump is nothing but a bully and a blowhard (same as Christie, who she also loves? C'mon Tay) My thoughts exactly w/ Hillary! I want to call in and tell her, "you're the 99% now girlfriend, you better jump on the Bernie Sanders train!" Lol ✌🏼️🇺🇸

7/13/2015 6:01 pm  #24

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

Wakeupfan, you're all right with me. 😊

Thanks girl!
I'm in healthcare too, it is a TON of work! 😊

7/14/2015 7:32 am  #25

I really like her and Michelle togeather! I think Michelle is a great combo of demure/raunchy and Taylor is opening up well with her. The most I've laughed at a show in a long time!!!

She's great on DSF, but there are always so many people in there, I think she would be an awesome 3rd host on WUWT. 

7/14/2015 9:12 am  #26

Yes!  Yesterday and today (7/14) have been great shows!  Really shows how talented Taylor is.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Kenny, but its almost like Taylor uses him as a crutch, at least lately....maybe that's why the shows feel flat?    Same old conversations everyday between the two of them with K always agreeing with T. At least a guest brings in a new perspective and doesn't always side with her! ; )
Anyone with me???  Or am I off base?

7/14/2015 9:25 am  #27

WhosBecky? wrote:

Yes!  Yesterday and today (7/14) have been great shows!  Really shows how talented Taylor is.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Kenny, but its almost like Taylor uses him as a crutch, at least lately....maybe that's why the shows feel flat?    Same old conversations everyday between the two of them with K always agreeing with T. At least a guest brings in a new perspective and doesn't always side with her! ; )
Anyone with me???  Or am I off base?

No, I totally agree!!! Kenny almost seems to have lost a little of himself (I'm sure he's been preoccupied with the baby coming) and just agrees with her, even when it's clear he doesn't, or has another opinion to offer. 

In turn, Taylor sort of just floats along, I think becuase there really isn't any back and forth. 

7/14/2015 9:35 am  #28

FKFriday wrote:

I was really impressed when she brought up the mistake in charging for the video this morning, but then she backtracked saying its the same price as a coffee and people buy coffee without issue. She's just not understanding the issue with charging for it. It has nothing to do with the $3. 

I think this whole video is the source of my irritation with the show right now. It just comes off as shady and as if she's desperate for extra cash by any means necessary. And no T not everybody spends $3 a day on coffee like you. I make my own coffee in my Keurig at home. It's not great coffee but hey not all of us can be spoiled allll the time.

7/14/2015 9:42 am  #29

Oh my god, I LOVE Michelle!!!!!!!!!! She is effing hilarious, and way too talented to be a behind the scenes producer. She does contribute somewhat on DSF, but girl is clearly on air talent. I think Michelle as a 3rd host on WU is genius!

7/14/2015 9:46 am  #30

Dardar, yes, I've wanted to make a post about her obsession with making "easy money". She keeps talking wanting to sell her used underwear, be a phone sex operator, and now she "understands" strippers. I want to shake her and say "Seriously!?!?". Sigh. Sadly, I don't think she is kidding...

Board footera