You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/25/2016 8:42 pm  #31

Re: Brett

Zara81 wrote:

Women just struggle to get along with each other. Point blank. Sorry. I am a woman but it's true. Wives can't see the perspective of the family and vice versa. Think about it. As a mother or sister, you care so much about the son/brother and love them so much and are protective over them. Then a woman comes along, he gets married, and you're basically replaced and pushed aside. The wife expects holidays to be with her family, the wife argues with the family and expects you to blindly take her side, etc. Why can't wives see how hard of a transition this is for the mom and sisters? The wife is gaining a husband but the mom and sisters are in a way losing a relationship. I think it would be helpful to just have some empathy and understanding on both sides. I hate hearing about mother in laws and sister in laws fighting. Men don't do this.

Funny timing this came up, my aunt and I were discussing this on the weekend. She has three boys, and said she lucked out because most men gravitate towards the wife's family. One of her DILs doesn't really get along with her family, so spend holidays with us, one is gay and his boyfriends family is in another province so we get them for most things, the third definitly spends the majority of their time with her family though. Not something I've ever really considered before!

I can see in a situation where both were super close to their families, it would be hard to balance.

8/25/2016 8:43 pm  #32

DestinationAwesometown wrote:

Tay just liked one of the e sister's insta pics. Hasn't she been proclaiming that she doesn't follow/like any of Brett or his family on social media? Lol. Whoopsies, girl. You must have double clicked on pic by mistake.

Oops!!

8/25/2016 8:58 pm  #33

DestinationAwesometown wrote:

Tay just liked one of the e sister's insta pics. Hasn't she been proclaiming that she doesn't follow/like any of Brett or his family on social media? Lol. Whoopsies, girl. You must have double clicked on pic by mistake.

You're following one of them?!

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

8/25/2016 9:00 pm  #34

I think Instagram showing you what people said/liked is super weird. My HSBFF liked some super sexual thing one day and it just creeped me out that I know she liked it. 😖

8/25/2016 9:03 pm  #35

piopio12 wrote:

I think Instagram showing you what people said/liked is super weird. My HSBFF liked some super sexual thing one day and it just creeped me out that I know she liked it. 😖

Same! A friend is super pregnant and feeling like crap and hubby was liking all these swimsuit women's photos last week. I can't imagine she would be very happy to see that.

8/25/2016 9:12 pm  #36

Ok I feel dumb- where do you see what people like on IG?

8/25/2016 9:15 pm  #37

I didn't know you could see what people liked on Instagram??

8/25/2016 9:26 pm  #38

When you click on your likes, to the left is who you followed and what they liked/commented on.

8/25/2016 9:26 pm  #39

Zara81 wrote:

I didn't know you could see what people liked on Instagram??

I only just realized you could do this. Click on the heart and then at the top, click on Following.

Btw, it looks like Tay noticed. It's no longer showing her liking the E sister's pic

8/25/2016 9:36 pm  #40

Feminist Hero wrote:

Btw, it looks like Tay noticed. It's no longer showing her liking the E sister's pic

Still there, unless there was another.

8/25/2016 9:46 pm  #41

FKFriday wrote:

Feminist Hero wrote:

Still there, unless there was another.

So weird. It's not showing on mine anymore.

8/25/2016 10:10 pm  #42

The board comes to a standstill while everyone leaves to creep their friends and family 😂

8/25/2016 10:28 pm  #43

FKFriday wrote:

The board comes to a standstill while everyone leaves to creep their friends and family 😂

Haha!!

8/26/2016 10:26 am  #44

To be fair, Tay had this over-sharing radio show long before Brett came along. He knew at least a little bit what he was getting into. I don't think she recorded the chia pet bit as an ad for her show. I'm pretty sure it was a sound bite taken from a past episode and I don't think she has much say over what sound bites Sirius pulls for this stuff. She may not even know it's playing unless Matt or someone hears it and tells her - it's not like she's listening to the station during breaks when she's running to the bathroom.

8/26/2016 11:09 am  #45

Taylor used to say that when the E sisters were tearing her a new one, she wished Brett would recognize what was going on and stick up for Taylor.  But instead he kept telling Taylor to not let it bother her, or fail to see the conflict in the first place.  Having Brett not have her back, I'm sure created a lot of doubt in their relationship.  I was going through this same situation at the same time as Tay and I was seriously considering divorce.  We went to therapy but ended up taking Taylor's advice and my husband agreed to support me when his family was in attack mode and this has worked out well for the last 5 years.  We almost divorced over his family, granted they are still here and as awful as ever and I wish they weren't in my life, but my husband and I are solid.  
I think that if Brett was unwilling to support Tay, then their relationship was not going to work out. I think Brett was raised among this pack of wolves and probably never saw examples of support, or empathy, or respect in his family. 

8/26/2016 1:42 pm  #46

He said I was right, and that he was hoping somehow I could fix things with her because his relationship with her has never been great. On the one hand that's kind of sweet, but on the other it's kind of unfair to me since clearly he realizes she's not the easiest to get along with.

burp, at least your husband is willing to admit his part in the whole thing.  sounds like u got a lot to work with. on the brett/tay situation, we don't know the other side so its really not fair to Brett or Tay or the SIL even to presume what was what.  why would the board even have any more questions about tay's former life anyway???

8/26/2016 2:06 pm  #47

Timetowakeup totally agree about Taylor's specific situation- I was mostly responding to the general idea that it's only the women and our inability to get along that causes the problems in in-law situations. In a nutshell, I think the problem is that men are typically not great communicators and once they get busy with their "new" family they don't always do the best job of picking up the phone to call mom/sisters (lol anyone watch Wahlburgers? Call your mutha!!) and for whatever reason the wife tends to get blamed. That's not to say the wife never has a part in it, but I think it's a combination/vicious cycle- the MIL/SIL start to blame the wife for the lack of communication, which makes fhe wife mad at them, and now maybe she does start to try and create distance, and it's just a downward spiral from there. Without the husband stepping in, it will never get resolved.

And yes, I'm very lucky to have a husband willing to accept responsibility and address the issues. We've still got some growing pains, but we'll be fine. 😊

8/26/2016 3:00 pm  #48

We talk about it because Taylor talks about it on air. Same reason she talks about the housewives. I'm just relating her story to my own life. Who  knows what really went down with the in laws. But just like any other radio show, tv show, reality show, it's interesting to talk about the topics as it relates to ourselves.

8/26/2016 5:40 pm  #49

Durst_Burp wrote:

Timetowakeup totally agree about Taylor's specific situation- I was mostly responding to the general idea that it's only the women and our inability to get along that causes the problems in in-law situations. In a nutshell, I think the problem is that men are typically not great communicators and once they get busy with their "new" family they don't always do the best job of picking up the phone to call mom/sisters (lol anyone watch Wahlburgers? Call your mutha!!) and for whatever reason the wife tends to get blamed. That's not to say the wife never has a part in it, but I think it's a combination/vicious cycle- the MIL/SIL start to blame the wife for the lack of communication, which makes fhe wife mad at them, and now maybe she does start to try and create distance, and it's just a downward spiral from there. Without the husband stepping in, it will never get resolved.

and I agree with you.  I know SIL drama and u r right, the boys tend to back down and leave it to the girlz to work out.

And yes, I'm very lucky to have a husband willing to accept responsibility and address the issues. We've still got some growing pains, but we'll be fine. 😊

1/19/2017 8:24 pm  #50

I was just randomly looking through IG and went under Brett's sister swimsuit account.
Are the emojis that Brett put under a picture of his sister butt a little odd or is it just me?
Taylor has remarked that him and one of the sister were sometimes a little too close
https://instagram.com/p/BPFuSQlD9If/

1/19/2017 8:33 pm  #51

I'm more concerned with grown men using emojis. That's odd.  But seriously those sister have some great genes. #ImJJ

1/19/2017 8:35 pm  #52

Seriously... she does look amazing!

2/07/2017 12:44 pm  #53

Marie's Crisis wrote:

I was just randomly looking through IG and went under Brett's sister swimsuit account.
Are the emojis that Brett put under a picture of his sister butt a little odd or is it just me?
Taylor has remarked that him and one of the sister were sometimes a little too close
https://instagram.com/p/BPFuSQlD9If/

I haven't been on in a while, so I'm late to respond. I just looked at the photo though, yes I think those are weird emojis to put on your sisters photo...

4/02/2017 5:41 pm  #54

I was on bumble about 6 months ago and Brett came up. He was in Katy, TX. I knew he did business out here in Texas and I thought it was hilarious that he came up considering I know so much about a person I've never met. I swiped left. 

4/02/2017 7:52 pm  #55

I think Brett seems like a good guy. A little snobby but other than that he seemed like a pretty great husband. I don't really think the emojis are weird. Brett was raised with all sisters so that's probably why hes into social media and all that stuff. His family is going through a tough time. I think they kind of deserve a break.

Board footera