You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/21/2016 12:10 pm  #31

Re: Kenny's New Show

I have seen comedians use notes before. I once saw Chris Rock at my local comedy club in West Palm Beach and he used notes. I think it's what they do when developing new material to see how it plays, and also to get an idea how it flows in the routine.

"Well done is better than Well Said"- Benjamin Franklin

9/21/2016 12:49 pm  #32

chelchel wrote:

Longtimelistener wrote:

I actually just saw Kenny at the show in Philly last week. There were some really funny parts and really scattered parts but it seemed as though he's working on a bunch of material. He was looking at notes and trying out different jokes so he's perhaps in a transitory period.

Is that normal to look at notes during your set? I hope he is doing ok. The last few shows and periscopes he put out seemed so odd to me. Not like the Kenny I was used to I guess.

I feel the same way. I don't know what happened to the Kenny we thought we 'knew". I hope he finds his groove and thrives. My gut instinct is that the move was great for Chelsea and Duke but not good for Kenny personally or professionally.

9/21/2016 12:55 pm  #33

I saw Kenny in Austin a few years ago and he was looking at his notes. I don't think that's new for him. Was there a decent sized crowd in Philly?  Did he hang out with fans after his show?  

9/21/2016 1:30 pm  #34

Knt wrote:

chelchel wrote:

Longtimelistener wrote:

I actually just saw Kenny at the show in Philly last week. There were some really funny parts and really scattered parts but it seemed as though he's working on a bunch of material. He was looking at notes and trying out different jokes so he's perhaps in a transitory period.

Is that normal to look at notes during your set? I hope he is doing ok. The last few shows and periscopes he put out seemed so odd to me. Not like the Kenny I was used to I guess.

I feel the same way. I don't know what happened to the Kenny we thought we 'knew". I hope he finds his groove and thrives. My gut instinct is that the move was great for Chelsea and Duke but not good for Kenny personally or professionally.

Yes! This is exactly what I think. I think he's losing himself a little just being with Duke all the time. I took a year off work with my second baby and I remember feeling that way too. I really thought he'd make more of an effort to stay in touch with his fans and he did for a few weeks but then crickets. Just like we all say about Tay, it does not take much to insta a photo. Chelsea snaps several times a day so I'm not sure why he isn't doing any of that.

9/21/2016 3:47 pm  #35

He actually said he was working on new stuff. I saw him in NYC in February as well and he did not use notes then and they were definitely different notes. A lot of this content this time was regarding parenting etc so it could be he's making it more relevant to his current life stage.

He hung out after and I spoke to him. I still love him even if his humor has changed. I can't say the same for Taylor so I think I personally just must gravitate towards him in general because most days the show is a nightmare for me to listen to (I keep doing it with the hopes it'll change) but I know some people love the new direction of the show.

He definitely spoke about leaving Sirius and the shit they put him through but you can tell he's trying to move past it. But I would say the show I saw he hasn't quite found his groove.

9/22/2016 3:18 pm  #36

Unless Kenny's doing the restaurant thing, moving to Pittsburgh was a *horrible* move for his entertainment career.

9/22/2016 5:55 pm  #37

Unless Kenny's doing the restaurant thing, moving to Pittsburgh was a *horrible* move for his entertainment career.

9/22/2016 6:44 pm  #38

Kenny was just on periscope showing his new house.
It had a great yard.

9/22/2016 7:47 pm  #39

Awesome house! What a fun project!

9/23/2016 11:35 am  #40

His house is amazing!  I love the hand painted tiles-haha!  They are so Kenny

9/23/2016 5:40 pm  #41

The basement is so big we could all live in it!

9/25/2016 5:58 am  #42

I've seen Kenny's show twice, both in small venues. The first time was really small so he asked us if we minded that he was using notes while he worked out some new material. Of course, we agreed and some jokes were really funny and some definitely needed work. So cut to a year or so later, and same thing!  Same bad jokes, same notes and same sort of befuddled and uncomfortable delivery. I felt so bad for him because I truly think he's great and is much better than those two performances. He seemed sad and defeated, which was really tough to watch. I have a soft spot for Kenny but perhaps this comedy thing is not for him, despite his amazing talent. 

9/25/2016 8:15 am  #43

I agree. I don't find his stand up funny. He had some funny quips on the show, but I always thought Tay was overstating his talent as a comic. Also, he was using the same material for years-I don't know other comedians that do that-they're continually developing new material.

9/25/2016 11:08 am  #44

I didn't get that impression at all when we saw him on Atlanta about two years ago. He didn't have any notes and really took command of the room. I love his material!

9/25/2016 7:32 pm  #45

I saw him in two separate venues as well. The show last week was completely different than the one I saw previously. The previous one there were no notes and different jokes as well. That being said, in sure his humor is not funny to everyone and no he's probably not going to have an HBO Standup Special. But I really do enjoy him as a comedian.

9/26/2016 3:22 pm  #46

Listening to old shows...Kenny is hysterical. Especially on the fly. I think radio is the right forum for him especially when it's not over produced and he has a good report with his co-host. I hope he finds his groove and listening to old shows makes me miss him and Tay together so much.

9/27/2016 5:34 am  #47

Bethos wrote:

The basement is so big we could all live in it!

I haven't posted in a while, but this was so funny that I thought it was a crime to leave it unaddressed.
All of us basement dwellers should ask Kenny to adopt us.

9/29/2016 11:35 am  #48

Chelsea said in her SnapChat that she and kenny are in talks with people from House Hunters. Sounds like Chelsea wasn't exactly excited about it (would have to take off 5 days from work, they only pay $500) plus they would have to wait to do any renovations/move in until after filming.

It would be cool to see them on TV though! Kenny's tour of the house on periscope was fun. Looks like such a cool house (minus all the dated wallpaper). I'd love to see what they do to it!

Last edited by DestinationAwesometown (9/29/2016 11:36 am)

9/29/2016 1:55 pm  #49

DestinationAwesometown wrote:

Chelsea said in her SnapChat that she and kenny are in talks with people from House Hunters. Sounds like Chelsea wasn't exactly excited about it (would have to take off 5 days from work, they only pay $500) plus they would have to wait to do any renovations/move in until after filming.

It would be cool to see them on TV though! Kenny's tour of the house on periscope was fun. Looks like such a cool house (minus all the dated wallpaper). I'd love to see what they do to it!

LOL I don't listen to the show anymore, but I still follow the Z clan!  I was wondering about those comments...so is that how House Hunters usually works???  I guess I've been naive all along...not I thought they found a house out of 3 EVERY time, but I guess I didn't think of the fact that it all could happen after someone actually closed on a house...and its presented as one of the 3 options!

9/29/2016 2:10 pm  #50

ali79lud wrote:

LOL I don't listen to the show anymore, but I still follow the Z clan!  I was wondering about those comments...so is that how House Hunters usually works???  I guess I've been naive all along...not I thought they found a house out of 3 EVERY time, but I guess I didn't think of the fact that it all could happen after someone actually closed on a house...and its presented as one of the 3 options!

I had a friend on House Hunters and that is not how it works at all. I'm wondering if the producers of HH also have a renovation show and that is what she's talking about?

9/29/2016 3:25 pm  #51

chelchel wrote:

ali79lud wrote:

I had a friend on House Hunters and that is not how it works at all. I'm wondering if the producers of HH also have a renovation show and that is what she's talking about?

A friend of mine was on House Hunters (in Philadelphia). In order to be in the show, you already have to have your new house purchased. They then take you to two other houses in which you have to act like you are really touring them as possibilities. It's all bullshit. And they set up scenes- tell you what to say- "this en suite is too small for the two of us". And they spend hours filming you doing the same thing over and over (walking up a driveway, opening a closet door with a look of disgust on your face).

9/29/2016 3:28 pm  #52

I had a friend who was on a show on HGTV that was like house hunters.  They had already purchased the house but the show pretended they were house hunting.  After fake purchasing the house on TV, the show renovated everything.  My friends paid for half of the renovations and were displaced for a few weeks.  
I'm really surprised Kenny would be into this.  He seems like such a DIY kinda guy.  And any quest for television that he seemed to have has been for artistic purposes. I could totally see Taylor doing this but Kenny? 

9/29/2016 3:37 pm  #53

Wow! Ok, I guess different shows are filmed in different ways. My friend was in LA and said she had to narrow it down but they filmed several houses and chose three to actually put on the show. I can see the reno one being different because that's the majority of the show. Or maybe my friend is a liar...

9/30/2016 1:48 pm  #54

The show my friends were on was called Power Broker and I'm pretty sure it only lasted one season.  

10/04/2016 2:33 pm  #55

Does anyone else find it crazy that Kenny stopped doing his new show already?!

10/04/2016 2:37 pm  #56

LongButtDolphin wrote:

He said he wouldn't have one for a few weeks until they are settled in their new place and his studio is set up.

10/04/2016 2:46 pm  #57

Feminist Hero wrote:

LongButtDolphin wrote:

He said he wouldn't have one for a few weeks until they are settled in their new place and his studio is set up.

I find it crazy that he is doing little of anything on social media. I don't get how we love to bash Tay for doing nothing but Kenny gets a pass. I mean, his wife snaps all the time. Certainly he could figure out how to do something a bit more often. The majority of his fan base came from WUWT and he's not doing a great job of keeping up with us.

10/04/2016 4:09 pm  #58

It seems to me that Kenny seem okay with his lack of social media presence.  Maybe he's willing to give up a bit of fame for the privacy of his family?  I don't know, he certainly seems to be keeping things on the down-low a bit.  

Plus, he's not the one trying to get on a reality show or with a team of people trying to find fame/notoriety.  

10/04/2016 4:15 pm  #59

youcaaango wrote:

It seems to me that Kenny seem okay with his lack of social media presence.  Maybe he's willing to give up a bit of fame for the privacy of his family?  I don't know, he certainly seems to be keeping things on the down-low a bit.  

Plus, he's not the one trying to get on a reality show or with a team of people trying to find fame/notoriety.  

I get this but his whole livelihood is being a personality whether that's stand up, radio, a podcast or whatever. It's not like he's going to go get a 8-5 as an IT guy and never be a sort of famous, public figure again. At least I don't think it is. That's not his personality, at least from what I can tell. I love Kenny just like I love Tay. I want to see them do well and succeed but they are both totally dropping the ball and we shouldn't hate on Tay and give Kenny all the benefit of a doubt. It's just like Tay never giving the woman the benefit of the doubt and always believing the man. We talk about how bad it is here all the time but we are doing the exact same thing.

10/04/2016 4:47 pm  #60

chelchel wrote:

youcaaango wrote:

I get this but his whole livelihood is being a personality whether that's stand up, radio, a podcast or whatever. It's not like he's going to go get a 8-5 as an IT guy and never be a sort of famous, public figure again. At least I don't think it is. That's not his personality, at least from what I can tell. I love Kenny just like I love Tay. I want to see them do well and succeed but they are both totally dropping the ball and we shouldn't hate on Tay and give Kenny all the benefit of a doubt. It's just like Tay never giving the woman the benefit of the doubt and always believing the man. We talk about how bad it is here all the time but we are doing the exact same thing.

I see what you are saying too, but I think the reason I'm harder on Taylor about it is because she's all talk and makes promises/claims she doesn't live up to. Whoever her PR person is needs to give her a lesson on setting expectations. Kenny doesn't say "I'm going to periscope X times a week", so when he does do it I'm super excited because it's a nice surprise. But when Taylor says she's going to do it and doesn't, people get mad. I wouldn't be half as critical of her social media stuff if she'd just shut up about it. It's less about the actual social media and more about her inability to follow through on literally anything ever.

Another difference for me is that Kenny isn't necessarily trying to get famous just for being Kenny. He actually creates original content - standup,Wedgerino and that new movie he's working on, and since leaving the show he's mentioned writing for other comedians and TV shows. Other than stand up, I don't think his success in those areas is as dependent on social media as being a reality star is.

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

Board footera