You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/27/2016 5:19 pm  #1

Hosts of the Day

So I kid of wanted to start a new thread for "Today's Show" but I can't call it that, so for now I decided on HOTD. I thought we could maybe talk about what we liked, didn't like, wished for, etc here...not that it will matter to anyone but us!

So...I'll go first! I haven't completely listened to all 3 days (I finished Monday with Yaminika, almost all of SS and I'm on the last hour of Megan C) and this is what I know:

1. I'm not going to be able to take the use of the word, "Guuuurl" much longer. Ok, any longer at all. STOP NOW. Today was overkill.
2. I hope they choose someone to stay sooner rather than later or I will die by "old story" repeats. Today it really, really struck me that we are going to be subjected to the past over and over and over (and even when someone new comes....it will last for awhile!). Shit.
3. I enjoyed Megan today for her broad knowledge but I think I like the "black girl humor" that Y had on Monday. I laughed a lot harder. I don't want 2 white WASPy-type women (just like me...lol) together even though I did enjoy Megan. Can we keep Megan and add someone like Y?
4. I am seeing the end in sight for me. I've been perusing the list of who you guys listen to on Sirius and on podcasts and next week my be my week to try those out. If I don't miss it...it may be a signal to get on with my life. Ya think???

Your turn!!

7/27/2016 7:38 pm  #2

Re: Hosts of the Day

Yamaneika for president! HAHAHA

7/27/2016 9:55 pm  #3

Your number 3 is how I felt today. I LOVE Yamaneika!!!! She seems straight forward and fun!   
She would be my top pick! I do like the idea of Tay Yamaneika and Megan. I thought it a little before Widers segment.

I loved Yamaneikas reaction to some of Tays stories but I do NOT want to go through getting to know u every single day!!! Pick someone, get to know them, then focus on the future of the show.

On her periscope today she said they're not even trying to replace kenny as of now because he's so special. HE IS!!!!! But the show must go on and I don't think she can carry it alone and I don't like the idea of rotating cohosts because she'll just use it as a means of retelling her fav stories.

7/27/2016 10:13 pm  #4

Top choice for cohost would be Patrick. My favorite cohosts of the last 3 days was Sherry And Megan.

7/27/2016 10:57 pm  #5

My pick would be Sean Kilby. There was a lot of pull for him on her periscope. She said he probably would do a spot. 

7/28/2016 12:10 am  #6

My suggestion would be that the team type up a sheet of "Who Taylor Is" with maybe her most famous stories, ex: getting divorced, a new relationship with a female, troubles in her marriage whatever that can be given to the guest for that day prior to them arriving so when things come up that have to do with that particular topic she can say "well ya know how I was divorced... XYZ" and get to the point. Obviously not fool proof because the person may not read it and some details maybe lost however the general conscious of who Taylor is will be available to the guest so repeating of the whole story is not mandatory. I understand the need in radio that your are technically supposed to act like there are new listeners every day who may not know all these stories and so there is a need to fill in the gaps but there is also an established listener base to think about so it's 50/50 here. I do appreciate how with each guest as she tells her story with each guest she gets a little deeper into her relationship with Taylor and her life now but that could also be a natural evolution of finally being able to tell her story. #ifyourlisteningSirius

7/28/2016 4:44 am  #7

That's a great idea, cocktailswithnikki! Every new cohost is essentially like listening in ons first date, where Taylor has to repeat her life story to them over and over again. If there is weeks and/or months of a guest hosts...that is going to get old and boring super fast.

7/28/2016 8:38 am  #8

Could she maybe give them a run down of her life off air? I listen to a lot of different shows and the hosts do not repeat the same stories over and over if not daily. She used her excuse of not being able to talk about Taylor being her girlfriend as to why she had no new content for a YEAR, yet really what have we heard new since? I see this going very bad with a new host everyday.

7/28/2016 8:56 am  #9

Taylor introducing herself to new cohosts isn't bothering me. We keep learning more details. The new pieces we're getting about telling her family have been interesting. The funny questions they asked her in Turks & Caicos - "will you have to cut her hair?".  The new details about the progression of her relationship with TD are interesting.

I listen to the show because I enjoy it. Getting to know these high level cohosts she's had on so far  (thanks to her new boss) has been fun.

7/28/2016 9:09 am  #10

Knt wrote:

Taylor introducing herself to new cohosts isn't bothering me. We keep learning more details. The new pieces we're getting about telling her family have been interesting. The funny questions they asked her in Turks & Caicos - "will you have to cut her hair?".  The new details about the progression of her relationship with TD are interesting.

I listen to the show because I enjoy it. Getting to know these high level cohosts she's had on so far  (thanks to her new boss) has been fun.

I agree. Also, each co-host has had varying interest and that has led to different conversations and information being shared. Even though it was day 3, I most appreciated Megan's reaction and then her questions of Taylor. I thought it was a great conversation.

7/28/2016 9:17 am  #11

My favorite cohost has been Sherry.  Would someone that big join a show called wake up with taylor? It would have to be wake up with Sherry?

7/28/2016 9:32 am  #12

Feminist Hero wrote:

Knt wrote:

I agree. Also, each co-host has had varying interest and that has led to different conversations and information being shared. Even though it was day 3, I most appreciated Megan's reaction and then her questions of Taylor. I thought it was a great conversation.

Megan was hilarious with her nosy questions - that was awesome!

7/28/2016 9:38 am  #13

Completely agree with other posts saying that Taylor has to stop repeating the same stories over and over and over again each time to talks to a new guest or co-host. She does this b/c everything is about her. Stop making interviews about you. Actually conduct an interview and lets get to know the person or co-host.

7/28/2016 9:48 am  #14

Feminist Hero wrote:

Knt wrote:

Taylor introducing herself to new cohosts isn't bothering me. We keep learning more details. The new pieces we're getting about telling her family have been interesting. The funny questions they asked her in Turks & Caicos - "will you have to cut her hair?". The new details about the progression of her relationship with TD are interesting.

I listen to the show because I enjoy it. Getting to know these high level cohosts she's had on so far (thanks to her new boss) has been fun.

Same! My favorite was her telling Megan, she was so giddy, but nervous....love that she is still all butterlyish over T2.0!

Last edited by FKFriday (7/28/2016 9:50 am)

4/06/2017 6:49 pm  #15

Ican'teveeeen wrote:

My pick would be Sean Kilby. There was a lot of pull for him on her periscope. She said he probably would do a spot. 

Did you all see that Steph had Insta post from end of March about doing a project with Sean Kilby?

Last edited by DestinationAwesometown (4/06/2017 6:49 pm)

4/06/2017 7:56 pm  #16

DestinationAwesometown wrote:

Ican'teveeeen wrote:

Did you all see that Steph had Insta post from end of March about doing a project with Sean Kilby?

I didn't see that, but I miss Sally Sean!!

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

4/06/2017 9:21 pm  #17

DestinationAwesometown wrote:

Ican'teveeeen wrote:

I saw that too & I wondered what it could possibly be.

4/08/2017 1:43 pm  #18

If u read the comments it looks like they were guests on a Sirius show

4/09/2017 9:19 am  #19

My favorite co-host is still Rob Shuter...It must be the British accent+being male (and maybe I'd feel this way about any other guy with an accent?) but it seems like he can say just about anything and because it's done with an accent, it comes out either funny or charming. I think he's able to handle the surprise topics with Taylor's sex life (that make her so extremely uncomfortable) in a way that actually lessens the awkwardness a bit. But that's just how it sounds to me. I actually only listen on Thursdays...or if I read here that Clay Aiken was co-hosting, too (he cracks me up as well!!). Maybe it's a leftover "Kenny effect" but I love it when she's paired with a male...

4/28/2017 10:58 am  #20

Would love Rob and Clay to cohost on the same day!

4/29/2017 7:47 am  #21

Dunkinaddict wrote:

Would love Rob and Clay to cohost on the same day!

OMG--- how great would this be??? Those accents plus Taylor on crack? 💥 BAM! My head just exploded!!! Fun times!!

4/29/2017 11:33 am  #22

I really think the 3 of them together would be a great fit. I liked hearing Andrea Laventhal yesterday. She's fun to follow on Instagram.

4/30/2017 9:49 am  #23

Dunkinaddict wrote:

I really think the 3 of them together would be a great fit. I liked hearing Andrea Laventhal yesterday. She's fun to follow on Instagram.

What's her IG name? I can't find her.

5/01/2017 1:22 pm  #24

andilavs

5/01/2017 1:49 pm  #25

Thanks gal.

5/02/2017 1:03 am  #26

I really love Carly she's funny but also nice to the callers.

5/02/2017 6:59 am  #27

It's a Clay day!

5/02/2017 9:22 am  #28

Oh my god, his whole story about the Kelly Ripa feud-so juicy!!

5/02/2017 2:26 pm  #29

okay, so I fell into the Clay and Kelly saga today whilst listening to the show and I officially don't like Clay much anymore. I wasn't too fond of him from the get go but I could never put my finger on the reason why. I watched clips from the Live with R and K show where the incident happened and Clay was hard on Kelly the entire show. A lot of digs and jokes and I think he took it too far. I'm sorry but if anyone ever covered my mouth like that especially in a professional setting I would freak out too. Nothing about that was or is funny, it is SO DISRESPECTFUL! Seeing that and seeing his behavior the entire show really makes Clay look awful. Almost all of his jokes during the beginning of the show are digs towards Kelly. This is okay if you're Regis but as guest it was too much. He really came off horribly. He is also sometimes hard on Taylor in a way I don't find funny and I think it shows a pattern of behavior.

5/02/2017 2:28 pm  #30

Also, if you watch the video of the hand incident...it is so awkward and bathos and humiliating for both of them. I would've died if I was Kelly. It's hard to watch, I didn't think there was anything playful about it.

Board footera