You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/11/2017 2:06 pm  #4981

Re: Today's Show! (not actually *today*)

mrmans23 wrote:

Now to rip Taylor.....During Emma and Taylor's response to the Surprise Me Topic of the Day, Taylor describes herself as a selfish, busy, asshole, who is terrible at keeping in touch. Glad she can admit it. But what cracks me up, is Taylor once again saying that she has no time for anything (writing thank you's, etc.) b/c there is a wage gap, and she has to work extra hard to make for that up. What does a "wage gap" have to do with anything. And exactly what "wage gap" is taking place in Taylor's world. Is there a man doing a similar talk show at Sirius, or at a terrestrial radio station, or a podcast, making more money than Taylor solely b/c the person is a man. WTF....WTF...WTF. Taylor is truly insane. I bet Nicole doesn't spend her time complaining about a perceived "wage gap". She is just out there working hard b/c she wants/has to.

Also, Taylor clearly has an issue with TD not making at least similar money to her. Taylor has hinted at this issue several times before. That is why I truly believe Taylor thinks she has to "work hard". The real truth is, Taylor doesn't think she has to work hard due to a "wage gap", Rather, Taylor thinks she has to work hard b/c TD doesn't make a significant salary, and Taylor grew up upper class and then married into a wealthy family. Taylor feels like she has to "work hard" b/c TD can't provide the lifestyle she wants and is accustomed to. 

Thoughts?

Seems to me the "wage gap" Taylor keeps referring to as of late has to do with the wage gap between her and TD. Although she might preach it is a gender wage gap, I call BULLSHIT. I think Taylor has major anxiety and resentment about being the primary bread winner in a relationship. I don't recall her ever saying that being the breadwinner in her new relationship is gratifying or liberating or whatever. Just that she's gotta hustle. Did Taylor ever strive to close the so-called wage gap between her and Brett?!?  No!!! If Taylor didn't get lump sum of money from Brett in the divorce that has afforded her the privilege of living her luxury building, she would have already found another rich boyfriend (or girl-friend) by now to bankroll her lifestyle.

I bet Taylor is the kind of person in a relationship (now that she's the breadwinner) who constantly counts and tallies all the things that she pays for- dinners out, vacations, etc.

If she and TD stay together and have kids, can you imagine how resentful she'll be if TD stays at home to raise the kids?!

8/11/2017 5:26 pm  #4982

I think she may be referring to a wage gap between her and TD too but not sure. I think there is s gender wage gap this country and especially in certain fields. But in radio who is she comparable to? Honestly just wondering don't listen to much other radio.

She def isn't comparable to Howard in my opinion, gender aside. I dont listen to him but he's been around so long, done so much and I believe is paid for his "brand" hers isn't nearly as developed as him. I hear he Busts his ass, again idk just what I've heard and from a few interviews.

Idk what else tay works on but younger but there's still the occasional time to c friends. It just sounds like she doesn't want to tbh.

I know but gifts can get expensive so I understand but today she was talking about and dreading Paige having kids! She also does this with her wedding. I know she's experienced some of this already but if my sibling was openly dreading and being negative about these milestones I would be beyond pissed!! My maid of honor on air complaining that I didn't want to do a bachelorette party at my parents house, because she may have to pay for some things? Also buying a niece or nephew gifts really doesn't seem too bad and also having to go home to see it when it's born and on bday doesn't either. Not saying buy everyone you know a gift lol but It would hurt my feelings and make me mad to hear all that. Even if she were happy for me I would feel some type of way hearing anyone let alone  MOH, crapping on things important to me. That's just how I would feel.
Paige seems much more easy going than I am lol and knows Taylors personality.

8/12/2017 8:58 am  #4983

Lemondrop718 wrote:

I think she may be referring to a wage gap between her and TD too but not sure. I think there is s gender wage gap this country and especially in certain fields. But in radio who is she comparable to? Honestly just wondering don't listen to much other radio.

She def isn't comparable to Howard in my opinion, gender aside. I dont listen to him but he's been around so long, done so much and I believe is paid for his "brand" hers isn't nearly as developed as him. I hear he Busts his ass, again idk just what I've heard and from a few interviews.

Idk what else tay works on but younger but there's still the occasional time to c friends. It just sounds like she doesn't want to tbh.

I know but gifts can get expensive so I understand but today she was talking about and dreading Paige having kids! She also does this with her wedding. I know she's experienced some of this already but if my sibling was openly dreading and being negative about these milestones I would be beyond pissed!! My maid of honor on air complaining that I didn't want to do a bachelorette party at my parents house, because she may have to pay for some things? Also buying a niece or nephew gifts really doesn't seem too bad and also having to go home to see it when it's born and on bday doesn't either. Not saying buy everyone you know a gift lol but It would hurt my feelings and make me mad to hear all that. Even if she were happy for me I would feel some type of way hearing anyone let alone MOH, crapping on things important to me. That's just how I would feel.
Paige seems much more easy going than I am lol and knows Taylors personality.

Few things

If she wants to talk wage gap, I would say Dr.Laura & Howard Stern are comparable and I would guess making about the same, if not her making more.

Super crappy that she's bitching about Paige after the stink she made about her own wedding, but Paige is her sister and I would assume this isn't anything new. I would think that's a big difference with her & TD though. TD seems crazy close to her family, I'm sure I couldnt be with a guy who had such different family values? Maybe values isn't the right word because Taylor seems really close to hers, just different I guess in how its expressed.

Last edited by FKFriday (8/12/2017 8:58 am)

8/12/2017 10:45 am  #4984

Is there that big of a wage gap between Tay and TD? I've done work with photographers and graphic designers and they always charge an astronomical price for like hours of work they put in? 

FYI, I'm not criticizing the arts, I get it. Your creativity is your talent and if I could do it, then I wouldn't have to pay so much for it to be done. But alas, I'm am not creative.

8/13/2017 8:47 am  #4985

I think the problem might be that freelancers don't have continual work. So even if they charge a lot for one job, they may not have another job lined up. That's not always the case but it does make for less predictable and often times less lucrative work.

As for Howard and Dr. Laura....he's a rough one to compare to because nobody makes close to as much money as him on the radio period. His contract was $100m I think? They basically built Sirius around him and was how Sirius initially drew listeners (way back when). So not sure there's a wage gap based on gender in this case but rather star power.

8/13/2017 10:28 am  #4986

TD probably pays a lot for health insurance whereas I imagine TS deducts pretax and Sirius pays a portion among other benefits. Ie vacation. If TD takes vacation she cannot earn money unless she incorporates that into it. Honestly aside from Howard and celebrities that have shows it's pretty well known radio personalities do not make a lot.  I think of it more like actors  in how skewed salary ranges could be, starving vs loaded. But then again one could do the stats it would be interesting to see if you take how much  Howard brings in advertising $ and listener vs tay and equate that to their pay I bet you would find the numbers command he be paid more. While entertaining, people aren't typically  joining Sirius for wake up. Ie more people subscribe to hbo for game of thrones than let's say insecure.

Either way the wage gap ts probably thinks about is comparing has td to Brett. Taking younger out of the equation in the past I doubt ts was making that much more than td. There's only so much that a radio host would get pd. But now more or less ts going from disposable income to primary.

Last edited by Getmommieouttathabox (8/13/2017 10:31 am)

8/15/2017 8:41 am  #4987

I'm listening live (9:41 AM EDT) and Kenny is in the studio as a guest!!  

8/15/2017 8:44 am  #4988

I'm behind, but when they said a special guest was coming in, I thought it might be Kenny.

8/15/2017 8:48 am  #4989

Virginia wrote:

I'm listening live (9:41 AM EDT) and Kenny is in the studio as a guest!!  

I was thinking that could have been the surprise! I can't wait to listen later on demand

8/15/2017 9:34 am  #4990

This board is on fire. Great takes by everyone.

If Babchik really did kill the segment, good for him. Lori was so overly rude to him. He shouldn't have to put up with that. He and Evan have a successful show, and don't have to be part of Taylor's show and put up with Lori's bullshit. 

By the way, Taylor, please learn the channel that Evan and Babs are on already I think she purposely gets it wrong b/c its over and over and over again. It's not hard to remember Mad Dog Radio SiriusXM Channel 82. 

8/15/2017 11:37 am  #4991

Today was the first time I listened in a while. It was only for about an hour but it was the segment with Carly and her BF doing the newlywed show and then Kenny. It was great. I was entertained the entire time and felt myself actually laughing out loud at the radio. That's the show I miss.

8/15/2017 2:11 pm  #4992

Longtimelistener wrote:

Today was the first time I listened in a while. It was only for about an hour but it was the segment with Carly and her BF doing the newlywed show and then Kenny. It was great. I was entertained the entire time and felt myself actually laughing out loud at the radio. That's the show I miss.

I agree! I love how naturally funny Carly is, and her interactions with her BF were really cute. I also enjoyed hearing Kenny again! I laughed more today than I have for a long time.

8/15/2017 9:22 pm  #4993

What is up with Taylor's laugh? I used to love her laugh, but listening to the way she was laughing during the Newlywed game was making my skin crawl. I know that it can't be just me. I remember Taylor saying that her Mom said that her laugh had changed.

8/16/2017 5:23 am  #4994

lydia delainey wrote:

What is up with Taylor's laugh? I used to love her laugh, but listening to the way she was laughing during the Newlywed game was making my skin crawl. I know that it can't be just me. I remember Taylor saying that her Mom said that her laugh had changed.

THANK YOU - I knew I couldn't be the only one that noticed that psychotic laugh, it's like a donkey or something... really what is that? Nothing she's saying is funny enough to warrant that crazy ass laugh. I really do like Carly a lot too, loved the game with her bf, but when she's with Taylor and the two of them start with the girrrrlll this, and girrrrlll that, it's so irritating...

Last edited by Wakeupfan420 (8/16/2017 5:25 am)

“I don’t always stir the pot, sometimes I smoke it...” 🚬

8/16/2017 6:38 am  #4995

Ummm real quick, did she really just say her biggest red flag was when people are rude to waitresses?? Did she mean to say the help? Pizza periscope - never forget...

8/16/2017 9:39 am  #4996

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

Ummm real quick, did she really just say her biggest red flag was when people are rude to waitresses?? Did she mean to say the help? Pizza periscope - never forget...

Hey Wakeupfan420......Don't know about the Pizza periscope. Can you please share? Thanks.

8/16/2017 9:40 am  #4997

lydia delainey wrote:

I've noticed it too!

8/16/2017 9:51 am  #4998

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

Never forget!!!

8/16/2017 9:53 am  #4999

I raised my eyebrows when she made that comment about her biggest pet peeve being when people are rude to servers. Oh ok. And the laugh-it's truly a cackle, and it is THE WORST when Carly is on. Everything Carly says elicits that laugh. I mean Carly is hilarious, but Taylor's laugh almost makes me not want to listen.

8/16/2017 9:54 am  #5000

mrmans23 wrote:

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

Hey Wakeupfan420......Don't know about the Pizza periscope. Can you please share? Thanks.

Pizza periscope was a display of Taylor acting poorly toward "the help" at a restaurant with Stassi and TD. It was awful. Truly bethos.

8/16/2017 10:58 am  #5001

DestinationAwesometown wrote:

mrmans23 wrote:

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

Pizza periscope was a display of Taylor acting poorly toward "the help" at a restaurant with Stassi and TD. It was awful. Truly bethos.

Thanks for the info. Why am I not surprised at Taylor and Stassi's behavior.

Interesting that Taylor flat out said today that she is "the breadwinner" in her relationship with TD. Wonder how TD feels about that comment. And yet again, Taylor claims how she is at such a disadvantage b/c she is not with a man so she has to bust her ass in her career. Work hard b/c you want to, not b/c you are dating a girl. So by Taylor's logic, if she was in a relationship with a man, she would not have to work so hard. And does Taylor think that people who are in heterosexual relationships do not have to work hard. This girl is clueless and insane.

Memo to Taylor....You don't work hard. Please, get over yourself already. Your jobs are not stressful. You get to do something you love, and that people would line up to do in a heartbeat. I'll take a job where I get paid to go down to stay at a mansion in Miami, and hang out with people for a few days. Really rough. So tough doing a radio show for Sirius for the past 10 years or so. Something you totally fell ass backwards into. Big deal she has to get up early. I get up at 5am to commute to the City. I get to rush to a park-n-ride and get on a crowded uncomfortable bus to first get to Port Authority. Then, I have to walk or take the subway to the office. Taylor would call me a "poor person" b/c I take the bus. Yes, she might get up early, butTaylor is lucky enough to be able to afford to live in a luxury building in Manhattan, and get driven to work by her "manager." Most other people have to get up early to Taylor, and they don't get to have a short commute to work where they don't have to even drive. Get a friggin clue already. I have no idea how this girl has any friends at all. 

8/16/2017 11:12 am  #5002

The pizza periscope was awful! She came across as an obnoxious brat. From what I remember, it was just Taylor who was rude. Stassi seems to be pretty sweet/polite most of the time (when she's not in a fight on VPR anyway).

I was wondering about TD today too when Taylor kept saying she was the breadwinner. She makes it sound like TD doesn't contribute at all and I'm sure she does. 

8/16/2017 12:09 pm  #5003

mrmans23 wrote:

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

Hey mrmans!! Basically, it was a periscope of Taylor and Stassi having lunch at a pizza place, and during the periscope Taylor was acting like an obnoxious beast toward the the server, demanding ranch dressing (NOT politely asking for ranch, demanding...snapping her fingers at the server, etc) and referring to the servers as "the help". Stassi looked super embarrassed by T's behavior, called her out on it, and apologized on her behalf. The best part was when a viewer asked Stassi why she hung out with such a miserable hag. I do have a screenshot of that lol, but I so wish I had a video receipt of the entire shitshow!

8/16/2017 3:36 pm  #5004

I would love to see screen shots of that?!?! please

also - who ever found Strecker Mansion - can you please share a link or send it to my FB page....dying to see it!! xoxo

8/16/2017 4:26 pm  #5005

Taylor's laugh reminds me of Danny Bonnaducci's laugh.  Yes, I am dating myself, as most will not know who he is.  But other than the Partridge Family, he at one time had  radio show and he had the same laugh.

Proud to be pink

8/17/2017 7:26 am  #5006

Miss Rob today

8/17/2017 8:03 am  #5007

I know. I can't believe it's another replay. Why does she treat Rob with such contempt?

8/17/2017 9:25 am  #5008

lydia delainey wrote:

I know. I can't believe it's another replay. Why does she treat Rob with such contempt?

I am so sick of her complaining about getting "sick" because of her "crazy work schedule". I can't hear it anymore. She is so delusional. You work one late night a week and don't give me the bullshit excuse of I have to wake up SO EARLY. You talk about reality tv and celebrity news for 3 hours and then go lay in bed for the afternoon. Go talk to an ER nurse who works 12 hour overnight shifts. It's borderline offensive at this point. How is she a 34 and this out of touch with reality.

And i think thats my queue to have another cup of coffee : )

8/17/2017 9:36 am  #5009

I imagine it's not a good look for Taylor to miss work almost every week after Getting Younger. She talks about wanting to pick up extra work and earn more, but she's showing she can't handle it.

8/17/2017 9:44 am  #5010

ThatWholeBrevityThang wrote:

lydia delainey wrote:

I am so sick of her complaining about getting "sick" because of her "crazy work schedule". I can't hear it anymore. She is so delusional. You work one late night a week and don't give me the bullshit excuse of I have to wake up SO EARLY. You talk about reality tv and celebrity news for 3 hours and then go lay in bed for the afternoon. Go talk to an ER nurse who works 12 hour overnight shifts. It's borderline offensive at this point. How is she a 34 and this out of touch with reality.

And i think thats my queue to have another cup of coffee : )

Yep...or working parents like Nicole who I'm sure has more than one sleepless night a week with two little ones at home.

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

Board footera