You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/30/2015 5:56 pm  #31

Re: What are you listening to?

timetowakeup wrote:

DestinationAwesometown wrote:

meepmeep wrote:

Just started listening to Serial. It started out great then started to slow down a bit. I'm in the middle of Season 1.
Listened to Serial, season 1 last year after Tay talked about it on Wake Up. About murder of high school student in 90s and her ex boyfriend was convicted of the murder... But did he do it?!?! LOVED it, I really liked Sarah Koenig's way of telling the story. Serial, season 2 just started a couple weeks ago and I'm listening that now, again really interesting and it's about a solider who was held prisoner by Taliban for 5 years. Good stuff. Highly recommend season 1!

On_Point wrote:

I'm on episode 10 right now. Loving this show. Not as much as The Jinx or Serial, but it's a good mix of both!! 

what kind of show is Serial?  anyone got a link.  I've just gotten so used to every radio personality and many tv pundits going on vacation between Christmas and New Years.

on a related note weigh in on your fav tv guilty pleasure (something you would not admit to everyone that you watch.)  mines is Cops and Parking Wars

I don't know how to describe what kind of show Serial is other than its a fantastic podcast. Read above posts for more descriptions. https://serialpodcast.org

12/30/2015 7:57 pm  #32

Pawn Stars....Boxing Day my Dad and I watched it almost all day!

12/30/2015 10:48 pm  #33

timetowakeup wrote:

meepmeep wrote:

Just started listening to Serial. It started out great then started to slow down a bit. I'm in the middle of Season 1.
Listened to Serial, season 1 last year after Tay talked about it on Wake Up. About murder of high school student in 90s and her ex boyfriend was convicted of the murder... But did he do it?!?! LOVED it, I really liked Sarah Koenig's way of telling the story. Serial, season 2 just started a couple weeks ago and I'm listening that now, again really interesting and it's about a solider who was held prisoner by Taliban for 5 years. Good stuff. Highly recommend season 1!

On_Point wrote:

I'm on episode 10 right now. Loving this show. Not as much as The Jinx or Serial, but it's a good mix of both!! 

what kind of show is Serial?  anyone got a link.  I've just gotten so used to every radio personality and many tv pundits going on vacation between Christmas and New Years.

on a related note weigh in on your fav tv guilty pleasure (something you would not admit to everyone that you watch.)  mines is Cops and Parking Wars

I love Parking Wars!  My other guilty pleasure is The Challenge on MTV.

12/31/2015 10:39 am  #34

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

Can't find anything to listen to, so I started watching Making of a Murderer on Netflix, it's really good!!

I finished this last night! Binge watched it in 2 days. OH MY GOSH! I can't believe any of it.
I don't want to ruin it for anyone else who hasn't watched, so I deleted a whole bunch of rants that contained spoilers and will just simply say--- What are you waiting for?! WATCH IT!

12/31/2015 1:31 pm  #35

timetowakeup wrote:

meepmeep wrote:

On_Point wrote:

Serial is a podcast, just search in the podcast app! My hubs has turned me into an American Pickers secret fan! Lol

“I don’t always stir the pot, sometimes I smoke it...” 🚬

1/03/2016 10:11 am  #36

A podcast called Watch What Crappens- it's HILARIOUS. Anyone into Bravo shows needs to give it a listen.

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

1/05/2016 9:40 pm  #37

I listened to Straight Up with Stassi....and I decided that when I get frustrated with Taylor, I will quit listening and spend time with Stassi. She is definitely 'authentic' and is more my style at being 'real' rather than T screaming in the mic telling us how real she is. However, I am going into the new year with an open mind! Hopefully 2016 will be better!! 

1/06/2016 9:41 am  #38

I've been binge listening to pod costs while the sirius hosts were on break. I find Stassi to be pretty entertaining-she tells a good story. She just needs better guests. Her former Sur coworkers are just not cutting it. She has enough notoriety to get bigger names, and maybe she is, in more recent episodes-I started from the very beginning. Also not bad is the Bitch Bible, but the very best was Juicy Scoop with Heather MacDonald. I literally listened to 30 episodes back to back, and now I'm depressed because I have to wait a week for every episode from now on

1/06/2016 10:18 am  #39

Lydia - Stassi only has her friends on.Once or twice she had someone she didn't know, some guy from the bachelor in paradise.  

1/06/2016 2:02 pm  #40

Well hopefully she'll branch out, because some of her friends are really boring.

6/22/2016 6:15 am  #41

I used to really love the Real World/Road Rules Challenge on MTV and two contestants from that show have a Podcast.
It's called Brain Candy with Susie Meister and Sarah Patterson (formerly Rice).
Anyway, I'm listening to last weeks episode, and they're talking about serial killers which then lead to traits of people with personality disorders and they totally described Taylor.... or Taylor's on-air personality.
It was interesting... and for the record, I'm in no way saying she's a serial killer, KAY?

Last edited by BathiesTime (6/22/2016 6:18 am)

6/22/2016 6:38 pm  #42

Have to go listen to that podcast lol I used to love those shows too

6/23/2016 7:55 am  #43

Have any of you guys watched the OJ 30 for 30?  I know this is stuff that you listen to, but it is a docu-series about him and how he rose to fame despite his race, and then everything with Nicole.  It is fascinating.  It's on demand on ESPN, I believe.  Highly recommend!

6/23/2016 8:05 am  #44

greattaste wrote:

Have any of you guys watched the OJ 30 for 30?  I know this is stuff that you listen to, but it is a docu-series about him and how he rose to fame despite his race, and then everything with Nicole.  It is fascinating.  It's on demand on ESPN, I believe.  Highly recommend!

O M G! I absolutely LOVED it!!! Yes, ESPN. OJ: Made In America. It's a 5 part series. I love every single 30 for 30, but this one was phenomenal. So eye opening and I can't believe they haven't talked about it on the show yet.
I was very young when this happened, so I didn't know half of it, especially the LAPD treatment back then. 
It was fascinating, raw, moving, sad, infuriating and thought provoking.
I can't believe the crime scene photos were shown and I don't think I have talked to the TV, as much as I did during this, in my life.

Last edited by BathiesTime (6/23/2016 8:07 am)

6/23/2016 8:05 am  #45

greattaste wrote:

I've been seeing it on the guide, I didn't know if it was something new or not. I'll have to watch, I loved the mini series on FX. 

One of my huge guilty pleasures just came back last night, Big Brother!! I'm obsessed. I've watched every season and love it.

6/23/2016 8:09 am  #46

NutsOrNot2 wrote:

One of my huge guilty pleasures just came back last night, Big Brother!! I'm obsessed. I've watched every season and love it.

I honestly hate myself for how much I have posted on this forum today... but here goes.

I love BB! I am so pumped it's back!
I'm happy Nicole and James are in the house this summer!
What did you think of the first episode?

6/23/2016 8:17 am  #47

BathiesTime wrote:

NutsOrNot2 wrote:

I honestly hate myself for how much I have posted on this forum today... but here goes.

I love BB! I am so pumped it's back!
I'm happy Nicole and James are in the house this summer!
What did you think of the first episode?

Loved it! Bronte annoys me. I have no idea how Vanessa's sister (forgetting her name) is not going to be able to keep that she's her sister a secret. I love  Nicole & James too. I was disappointed when Nicole's team lost. I really hope she doesn't go home. I was hoping Davonne's team lost, there's no one I really like on that team   

I cant wait for tonight!

6/23/2016 8:25 am  #48

NutsOrNot2 wrote:

Loved it! Bronte annoys me. I have no idea how Vanessa's sister (forgetting her name) is not going to be able to keep that she's her sister a secret. I love Nicole & James too. I was disappointed when Nicole's team lost. I really hope she doesn't go home. I was hoping Davonne's team lost, there's no one I really like on that team

I cant wait for tonight!

Yes, I don't like Mama Day or anyone from her team. I actually hate Paul (tattoo chest). He's so loud an obnoxious. Doesn't she know that no one likes the loud guy? He will be gone quickly.
Yeah, Vanessa's sister looks and sounds EXACTLY like her! There's absolutely no way that she can keep that under wraps. Michelle and Davonne both already know... it's just a matter of time.
I really hope Nicole doesn't go!
My fiancé actually was convinced that Michelle was Nicole's sister because they were both from Michigan and he thought they looked alike. I went to Nicole's instagram to see if Michelle was in any photos (stalker) and it looks like Haydon and Nicole and still dating! Last photo taken in May. They're adorbs.

6/23/2016 8:45 am  #49

greattaste wrote:

Oh lord, can't wait to watch this! Thanks for the suggestion girl! Now, to drudge through the next 8 hours until I can go home! Lol

6/23/2016 9:04 am  #50

BathiesTime wrote:

Yes, I don't like Mama Day or anyone from her team. I actually hate Paul (tattoo chest). He's so loud an obnoxious. Doesn't she know that no one likes the loud guy? He will be gone quickly.
Yeah, Vanessa's sister looks and sounds EXACTLY like her! There's absolutely no way that she can keep that under wraps. Michelle and Davonne both already know... it's just a matter of time.
I really hope Nicole doesn't go!
My fiancé actually was convinced that Michelle was Nicole's sister because they were both from Michigan and he thought they looked alike. I went to Nicole's instagram to see if Michelle was in any photos (stalker) and it looks like Haydon and Nicole and still dating! Last photo taken in May. They're adorbs.

I love it, you're just as obsessed as I am! I am in a few Spoilers Groups on Facebook and a lot of them are convinced Nicole & Hayden are still together and she is just saying she's single on the show for strategic reasons.

My boyfriend (hate that term in my 30's) does not understand my obsession with the show. I'm hoping once he starts watching he will understand, but for now he thinks I'm crazy!

6/23/2016 9:19 am  #51

BathiesTime wrote:

I used to really love the Real World/Road Rules Challenge on MTV and two contestants from that show have a Podcast.
It's called Brain Candy with Susie Meister and Sarah Patterson (formerly Rice).
Anyway, I'm listening to last weeks episode, and they're talking about serial killers which then lead to traits of people with personality disorders and they totally described Taylor.... or Taylor's on-air personality.
It was interesting... and for the record, I'm in no way saying she's a serial killer, KAY?

I have to admit, I still love MTV Challenge. It's my guilty pleasure!  I'll have to check out that podcast.

6/23/2016 9:24 am  #52

NutsOrNot2 wrote:

I love it, you're just as obsessed as I am! I am in a few Spoilers Groups on Facebook and a lot of them are convinced Nicole & Hayden are still together and she is just saying she's single on the show for strategic reasons.

My boyfriend (hate that term in my 30's) does not understand my obsession with the show. I'm hoping once he starts watching he will understand, but for now he thinks I'm crazy!

Oh I am beyond obsessed!
Don't worry, girl, you can get him on board! When I first met him, I had never even heard of the show but since it's such a commitment, being on so many times per week, it was either watch it, or not see him. haha
I try not to read any spoilers, but it's so hard! Especially because this is the first year I have the channel that airs BB After Dark. I'm going to really have to try to restrain myself.

6/23/2016 10:43 am  #53

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

greattaste wrote:

Oh lord, can't wait to watch this! Thanks for the suggestion girl! Now, to drudge through the next 8 hours until I can go home! Lol

Ha ha no problem.  FYI, though, it's 5-parts, 10 hours total, so get ready to binge watch

6/23/2016 12:29 pm  #54

greattaste wrote:

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

greattaste wrote:

Ha ha no problem.  FYI, though, it's 5-parts, 10 hours total, so get ready to binge watch

No problemo! It's supposed to be like 93 outside this weekend (too hot for me!), I will be sitting in my underpants in the a/c binge watching for sure! 😂😂😂

6/26/2016 7:31 pm  #55

Thanks for the Brain Candy recommendation BathiesTime. I've been listening to some episodes this weekend, and it's pretty entertaining 

6/27/2016 9:19 am  #56

lydia delainey wrote:

Thanks for the Brain Candy recommendation BathiesTime. I've been listening to some episodes this weekend, and it's pretty entertaining 

Awesome! Glad to hear it. Every episode is entertaining and I love that they can be silly yet have such intelligent conversations.

6/27/2016 12:40 pm  #57

I really like Dear Sugar. It's hosted by Cheryl Strayed (author of Wild). I binged on a Memorial Day road trip and totally got hooked!

6/27/2016 1:19 pm  #58

BathiesTime wrote:

lydia delainey wrote:

Awesome! Glad to hear it. Every episode is entertaining and I love that they can be silly yet have such intelligent conversations.

Yes, thanks!! I started last week and loving it.

6/27/2016 2:02 pm  #59

Monleesky, what's Dear Sugar about?

6/27/2016 9:47 pm  #60

@lydia Delainey- it's an advice column type. Listeners write in with their questions and they answer them including interviews with "experts" on the topic that can include writers, Lena Dunham!, and other people in the public that have been through the same thing. I ❤️ It!!!!

Board footera