You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2016 4:06 pm  #31

Re: New Website!

LongButtDolphin wrote:

It's also kind of sad because she has no comments and it's just very intermittent sad ramblings. I don't think the Internet would be losing anything if that CosmoRadio site disappears lol. 

i read a blog post from (i think) when tay was on her honeymoon and Kenny and Patrick were holding the whole station down.  she wrote that Kenny and Patrick have known of each other since Kenny living in Charleston! and Patrick like campaigned for him to be Tay's co-host.  you learn something knew every day!

Edit - that B is a little CRAY though,  she keeps up a site no one comments on and probably has had more visit since the show "launched" a new website. 

Last edited by piopio12 (1/07/2016 4:07 pm)

1/07/2016 4:21 pm  #32

ChickenFacenook wrote:

So wait a minute...... I just checked out that blog. She has a whole different web address!? So she owns the wake up domain, simply so it will reroute people to her blog? No one must read this blog since I've been a listener for damn near a decade and never knew it existed. And if she won't give them their domain, just for her own benefit that's effing batcrap crazy and selfish. I hope she doesn't expect them to buy it from her. What a great "fan". Smh

Its so odd, only seems to be updated once a year or so?

1/07/2016 4:23 pm  #33

The more I read this the more I think I know who it may be. And I'm not impressed. Domain data is public. Looks like she chose to be unlisted but she's had the wake up domain since 2010 and she renews it every year as recently as this past May. She also owns Patrick's domains which hasn't been a show for how long now? I see she also took the opportunity to update yesterday for the first time in over 4 months because she knows she'll probably get a bunch of traffic now. I don't know. I don't think this is karma for Taylor charging for her videos. I think that was a mistake and bad advice given to Taylor. But to hoard a show's domain that you have nothing to do with is a little creeptastic.

1/07/2016 5:31 pm  #34

People buy and sell domain names all the time. I think I recall Tay complaining she didn't want to pay to maintain the site name which is a pennywise especially when it's your career and you walk around in $800 shoes. It's shortsighted to think they would never want a website with their exact show name. It's business, buy it if you want it or work around it like you did. Would have been a good time to change the name of the show to incorporate Kenny and get the website to match...

Last edited by Getmommieouttathabox (1/07/2016 5:32 pm)

1/07/2016 10:57 pm  #35

[url=http://www.badgerstateofmind.com/#!author/c1ktj]This yokel[/url]? OMG. Loser! 

1/08/2016 6:08 am  #36

So_Anyways wrote:

[url=http://www.badgerstateofmind.com/#!author/c1ktj]This yokel[/url]? OMG. Loser! 

So Anyways...who is that?? Sorry if I missed the reference, I haven't listened to yesterday's show yet... 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

“I don’t always stir the pot, sometimes I smoke it...” 🚬

1/08/2016 6:37 am  #37

The person squatting on the wakeupwithtaylor domain.

Last edited by So_Anyways (1/08/2016 6:37 am)

1/08/2016 7:57 am  #38

Lol what's she want with the wake up domain anyway?

1/08/2016 8:10 am  #39

Idk, but I know her through the show, and quite honestly she's awesome. I don't understand what is going on with the name, but I feel like she would relinquish it if asked.

1/08/2016 8:23 am  #40

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

So_Anyways wrote:

So Anyways...who is that?? Sorry if I missed the reference, I haven't listened to yesterday's show yet... 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Add me to the list of incredibly confused!

1/08/2016 8:33 am  #41

Hahaha that's exactly who I thought it was that had the domain. I didn't know she had her own site. I remember her from the Cocks with P days. I don't think she's awesome though. I think she's in it for the self profit. She always seemed to try to be selling something, namely her book. It was never about just being a fan. It was how she could make money from them. She had a CosmoRadio Facebook page too. not a fan page, a regular page. She friended me years ago on it back when I was in all the various Facebook groups but I didn't accept because I thought back then  she was weird.

It sounds like they have asked her to give it up though.  Kenny asked a caller the other day if they were Kelly M, the one with the website so they know who has it.  I doubt they haven't reached out to her. I personally don't think she's going to give it to them. Not when it's currently making her money off ad revenue or hits.

1/13/2016 9:50 am  #42

i'm really trying with the new website, but the lack of activity makes it so boring. 

1/13/2016 10:16 am  #43

I checked it yesturday or the day before and there hadn't been anyone on the forum in days.

I think though, on their site, you can really only say nice things, kinda douchy to criticize them. There has been 25+ guests steadily on here for a few days now though. Hopefully they all register and join in!

1/13/2016 5:04 pm  #44

There's very little moderation and the topics fall flat as soon as they are posted.  Maybe because the questions/topics posted are not very thought provoking.  The only way their forum would take off is if you had a very dynamic moderator unafraid to poke at the show.  We almost need an "insider" of the show (Katie) to challenge or feed little nuggets of "secret scoop" to us.  Did anyone ever listen to Sam Roberts' O&A after show?  Think that recap but in blog/forum format.  

1/13/2016 8:00 pm  #45

They HAD a website! Why are they acting like they didn't? Just because they say they didn't...doesn't make it so.

Stop announcing what you're going to do (interact more w the listeners, be on social media, update your personal blog on Wednesdays, do a cooking show) and just DO IT. Actions speak louder than words.

This outdated-looking, clunky website is not going to resuscitate the show. What is this show's angle? Who is it aimed at, besides long-time listeners? Maybe it needs to be weekly.

1/14/2016 1:31 pm  #46

WeddingBitch wrote:

Exactly! You have to work on these things daily. This is the third try. A new template doesn't mean success.  You can even hire someone to run your media.... Do something!

I totally agree with you ladies, with one caveat. I think the reason these sites keep failing is because the listeners don't want to interact with someone they paid to run the site. They want to interact w/ the actual people they listen to everyday. Not to mention, the way the show promotes it, is exactly that - like you are going to get to interact with them. It really bugs me that they plug their social media every 2 seconds, but rarely ever utilize it. IMO that is what turns a lot of people off... We hear a lot of plugging with not much follow through.

“I don’t always stir the pot, sometimes I smoke it...” 🚬

1/14/2016 3:19 pm  #47

Taylor has not posted on Instagram since New Years day.

1/14/2016 3:42 pm  #48

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

WeddingBitch wrote:

Exactly! You have to work on these things daily. This is the third try. A new template doesn't mean success.  You can even hire someone to run your media.... Do something!

I totally agree with you ladies, with one caveat. I think the reason these sites keep failing is because the listeners don't want to interact with someone they paid to run the site. They want to interact w/ the actual people they listen to everyday. Not to mention, the way the show promotes it, is exactly that - like you are going to get to interact with them. It really bugs me that they plug their social media every 2 seconds, but rarely ever utilize it. IMO that is what turns a lot of people off... We hear a lot of plugging with not much follow through.

i agree 100% with this. 

1/14/2016 8:07 pm  #49

Is she done with her blog as well?

1/14/2016 9:13 pm  #50

meepmeep wrote:

Is she done with her blog as well?

And Dining Under, neither has been touched in over a month.

1/15/2016 8:14 am  #51

I have been creeping this forum for quite some time now. I LOVE IT. It's my guilty pleasure. It really is the after show. Taylor has to be reading this forum as well. For the most part the advice is EXTREMLY constructive. SO....I posted a new topic on the shows website. I started off with something small and fresh on Kenny's mind. Let's see what happens...

Last edited by tada (1/15/2016 8:16 am)

1/15/2016 8:33 am  #52

tada wrote:

. I started off with something small and fresh on Kenny's mind. Let's see what happens...

I can't see anything less then a week old. I wonder if they have it set to approve topics/comments and whoever is running it doesn't realise?

1/15/2016 9:13 am  #53

FKFriday wrote:

tada wrote:

. I started off with something small and fresh on Kenny's mind. Let's see what happens...

I can't see anything less then a week old. I wonder if they have it set to approve topics/comments and whoever is running it doesn't realise?

I can see it..... 

1/15/2016 9:20 am  #54

Ahhh!! I had it bookmarked to go straight to the forum and only old stuff shows up. I'm a moron lol

ETA ~ This is where my bookmard was going...
[url=http://www.wakeupwithtay.com/#!blank/rr44j]Forum[/url]

Last edited by FKFriday (1/15/2016 9:30 am)

1/15/2016 1:56 pm  #55

Anyone else notice that this page is no longer the first thing to pop up under a Google search of wake up with taylor? It's like 2 or 3 pages in now...

1/15/2016 2:19 pm  #56

I feel vindicated in saying that Kelly was a good person, and would surely give up the name as a long time fan and listener. And she did.

1/15/2016 2:29 pm  #57

Kicked_off_the_trampoline wrote:

Anyone else notice that this page is no longer the first thing to pop up under a Google search of wake up with taylor? It's like 2 or 3 pages in now...

Its never been first for me. Their FB page, Twitter, this page, then Taylor's own blog. Taylor's blog used to pop up before this one, its been bumped down since the new website started though, I assumed because people just Googling were winding up here.

1/15/2016 5:39 pm  #58

I'm wondering if they have paid someone to bump up the other sites with a little SEO magic so our page isn't on/near top.

1/15/2016 6:24 pm  #59

DestinationAwesometown wrote:

I'm wondering if they have paid someone to bump up the other sites with a little SEO magic so our page isn't on/near top.

I was thinking the same thing...

1/15/2016 7:51 pm  #60

It's a testimony to their half-assedness that they got their domain name days after launching their site. Kenny was bitching about Kelly M and then days later lavishing her with praise. They should have settled all of that before the launch. Can you imagine an actual entertainer being so unorganized??

Board footera