You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2016 7:21 pm  #91

Re: New Website!

I can definitely try to for better, classic content.  I would really like that also - just not sure what Sirius would allow, but I will definitely ask. 

2/04/2016 7:22 pm  #92

mjt357 wrote:

Thanks guys..
So for the front page - change the Taylor and Kenny links?  And I'll definitely change the menu back now.  For the Forum, I've been working on with muut.com to host the forum and I don't know why it's causing so many issues, but I'm definitely open to changing it.  

Front page looks good now, last time I looked it was the videos and spinning pics and stuff. I like the way it is.

I don't know what T&K would think about this forum being their "official" forum lol

2/04/2016 7:29 pm  #93

mjt awesome for helping them out and even more awesome for announcing yourself!

2/04/2016 7:31 pm  #94

mjt357 wrote:

Hi Guys,
I created the website... I have been coming here to get your feedback, and try to make it the best experience possible.  I am a fan and definitely not a web expert, I just want to make the site a great experience and something you guys value.  So I'm asking for your honest feedback, and I can take (some) of the criticism.  Alright, also open to help, clips you want to hear... anything... Thanks! 

Here's what I'd recommend as a fan and a "web expert" (I run the website/digital of a major entertainment brand).

1) Keep it simple...there is no need to add a lot of frills. For example, the movable pics on the homepage? Not necessary. A slide show or a photo that links to a clearly labeled gallery would be better. I've been guilty of this myself, especially when I was starting out--you don't need to incorporate every cool piece of HTML or javascript that you find. 
2) Find a font family and stick to it. I personally like the font in the nav. I'd use that (probably in image form--but add alt text for search engine optimization) for "Wake Up With Taylor is a Pop Culture - Celebrity Infused - LOL - Talk Show" and make it much smaller. Probably one row. I'd use that same font for the Tay Tay and Mr. Mans buttons (and get rid of the bold box around their names. It's too aggressive for a show like this, and modern web design is very clean). You use this crazy stencil font on the tour page, a seriffed font for links on the Wake Up Catchup, cursive in their bios, bold fonts, light fonts, etc. Be consistent. Figure out what font and weight you want your headers to be, your body copy, and then one or two accent fonts for design elements. My perception of the Wakeup "brand" I don't think really heavy bold fonts you've been using work, but that's just me (look at Taylor's personal site...it's super clean, fonts light and fun)
3) The forum isn't loading, I'm assuming that is a wix forum (I dug into your code and saw you're using wix). Honestly, you'd probably be better off convincing the group to use this forum, but if not, you should find another forum server that you can embed into the site. What was/is being used isn't a user friendly experience.

My biggest critique is just be polished. Do what you can well. There is no excuse for little errors like sometimes including the days of the week on tour dates, sometimes not, sometimes capitalizing things, sometimes not. When you're putting together a website, those little details matter a LOT. I think the content is good and will continue to grow and evolve, but if the site looks amateur it's going to be immediately dismissed.  My $0.02 on the quick fixes. 

2/04/2016 7:40 pm  #95

Thank you, that is all really helpful.  I will definitely clean up the errors.  I do use wix and they recommended the forum provider, muut.  I'm not sure what they would want in terms of forum but I will definitely ask.

2/04/2016 8:23 pm  #96

Thanks, I have used square space before and I do like it as well.  I appreciate the recommendation and I also really like the rachelzoe website design - I'm definitely going to incorporate this into redesigning the site.  

2/04/2016 8:36 pm  #97

mtj357 - Kudos to you for:

1. Being such a loyal fan of the show.
2. Creating the website for K&T.
3. Being brave enough to come here to ask for feedback and putting yourself out there.

Seriously, that's awesome that you care enough about the page to come here and feed the "trolls." Hehe.

I just looked at the page again for the first time in quite awhile. What you have done with the homepage is sooooo much better. I was going to suggest that you make it cleaner and simpler, which it appears you have done. Having everything coming at us from the homepage was just too much. I like that you have to click into certain sections to dig deeper. 

Ding da ding ding ding da ding da ding.

2/04/2016 9:08 pm  #98

Feed the trolls lol

I hope you think the feedback is good, and love that you're asking. I think if you've been reading you see how upset people were by the troll comment and that at the end of the day everyone just wants to see the job and T&K be the best they can.

2/04/2016 9:47 pm  #99

This is a wix site? If so you have to fix the way the website looks on a mobile device. Wix has this capability. The graphics are really bad. Sorry. It looks like they were edited in paint. And there are way too many random graphics. And the menu categories don't make sense. Catch up? Listen up? More wakeup? I mean I can guess what these mean but just make it "show recaps" "videos" "forum"

Honestly I would sit down and plan the pages and navigation out first. And then redo. Right now it's a mash up of ideas with no consistency and theme.

2/05/2016 1:06 am  #100

mjt357 wrote:

Hi Guys,
I created the website... I have been coming here to get your feedback, and try to make it the best experience possible.  I am a fan and definitely not a web expert, I just want to make the site a great experience and something you guys value.  So I'm asking for your honest feedback, and I can take (some) of the criticism.  Alright, also open to help, clips you want to hear... anything... Thanks! 

I think it's awesome you took on the website for the show. Please pass on that we aren't a bunch of trolls and are actually fans that care about T&K. As others have said, the site is not mobile friendly right now and the forum is hard to follow. Thanks for coming under the bridge to visit all of us trolls... what color jewel do you want for your bellybutton? 

2/05/2016 8:21 am  #101

@mjt you're a brave girl for taking this on! I love the IDEA of the website but I'm unable to view it on my iPhone. Taylor and kenny's heads are floating over words..... It's all jumbled up..... I can't seem to scroll properly.... Make it mobile friendly and a lot more people will be able to see it and enjoy your hard work.
I also agree with the above comment..... Link here for discussion!!!  Let's all work TOGETHER!

2/05/2016 8:31 am  #102

Drumpet wrote:

Thanks for coming under the bridge to visit all of us trolls... what color jewel do you want for your bellybutton?

LOL....too cute!

2/05/2016 9:15 am  #103

Convertible_Cabrio wrote:

@mjt you're a brave girl for taking this on! I love the IDEA of the website but I'm unable to view it on my iPhone. Taylor and kenny's heads are floating over words..... It's all jumbled up..... I can't seem to scroll properly.... Make it mobile friendly and a lot more people will be able to see it and enjoy your hard work.
I also agree with the above comment..... Link here for discussion!!! Let's all work TOGETHER!

HE is a brave boy for coming and facing the trolls! 

All information provided is for entertainment only and I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. (EYEROLL)

2/05/2016 9:44 am  #104

Yep, I thought I remembered that it was a guy too. Kind of makes him even braver!!!

2/05/2016 10:20 am  #105

Hey everyone - love the idea of us all working together! And yes I am a dude... and thanks for the bravery comments, appreciate those haha. 
I definitely cannot speak for Taylor or Kenny - but I came to them just as a fan who they had no reason to meet with - and they have been just awesome and genuine people - same with producer Katie.  I know they would never mean to offend anyone who listens, they embraced me, and I believe I still come off as a nervous stalker so.. 

2/05/2016 10:22 am  #106

And I'm working on the mobile platform today - I promise it will get better! As for the forum aspect, it seems like I'm going to need to defer to you guys on that one.  

2/05/2016 12:05 pm  #107

@mjt "Hey Boy Hey" thanks for doing what you do!
And wow, some of you really know your stuff! I'm not the most tech savvy gal, so while I didn't understand a lot of the recommendations, they seemed well thought out and helpful (for someone that knows what they are doing). What a fab team of trolls we all are!

2/05/2016 12:06 pm  #108

Cool, I'm "legit" now. Thanks Red!

2/05/2016 12:12 pm  #109

Thank you for doing the website, that is a major undertaking!! my work website is janky AF so anything you've done is better than anything i could think about doing.  

Questions though - Are you the admin or is Tay/Kenny/Katie??  While I appreciate everything you have done with putting the website up, if T/K/K aren't interacting on the site I just don't see the reason to use that forum, or you spending so much of your time curating the site.  I go for clips and pictures, but they could easily post those on FB if the forum doesn't take off, if they won't be interacting why even make a website? Just my opinion. 

THANKS AGAIN! i hope i am not coming off a rude or like a troll. I just want everyone to succeed in the goals they want for the show and website. 

2/05/2016 12:13 pm  #110

mjt357 wrote:

And I'm working on the mobile platform today - I promise it will get better! As for the forum aspect, it seems like I'm going to need to defer to you guys on that one.  

We appreciate you!!! Thanks for listening to our feedback. I feel pretty awful that we talked so poorly about the website at the beginning. It was so nice of you to create something for them. 

2/05/2016 12:46 pm  #111

*blush*
Hey BOY hey. Sorry I didn't know. 😝

2/05/2016 12:47 pm  #112

No worries, and no need to apologize. 
As for Taylor, Kenny, and Katie's involvement in the site, we have a lot of different things in the works.  Kenny will be doing a blog post soon - related to his son.  Taylor - will be doing a blog post and is currently working on designing something that will be up soon.  Producer Katie - should be sharing music related content on the blog soon as well.  Is there anything specific you guys would want to see more of?  In terms of video/ audio / any content? 

2/05/2016 1:18 pm  #113

mjt357 wrote:

No worries, and no need to apologize. 
As for Taylor, Kenny, and Katie's involvement in the site, we have a lot of different things in the works.  Kenny will be doing a blog post soon - related to his son.  Taylor - will be doing a blog post and is currently working on designing something that will be up soon.  Producer Katie - should be sharing music related content on the blog soon as well.  Is there anything specific you guys would want to see more of?  In terms of video/ audio / any content? 

I think I know the answer to this. but do periscopes have a shelf life that cannot be technologically captured even if due to some copyright thingy? in short, I'd like more video's

2/05/2016 1:19 pm  #114

I would just like more involvement from them on the day to day forum. I get they can't go on there and say they hate Bonnie (even though we see it), but maybe after a fat kid friday later in the afternoon they could pop in and be like feeling high from the chicken tenders, or something silly, OR when they  have a late interview post like what questions should i ask blah blah, interviewing them in 10 minutes.  Whatever is natural? i think they key to the website working is making in mobile friendly, which you are working on.  But once it is friendly, they will hopefully pop in through out the day to see if anyone has commented and they can add their thoughts. 

2/05/2016 1:26 pm  #115

Lol to the Bonnie comment. I agree that they need to be more interactive. Maybe they could start some of the threads on the forum soliciting advice or feedback. We clearly react well to that. I don't think they'd get very many mean comments as a direct reply. We just like to talk about them behind their backs - haha! 

Or they could do a spotlight on some of the people they interview so we can learn more about them. Maybe even give us some show teasers on what's coming!

It's sometimes frustrating when they do a really fun interview but only briefly mention why they are interviewing the person. Case in point was this morning's Kelly Kapowski interview. They didn't mention the name of her show until the very end.

2/05/2016 2:46 pm  #116

I wish this forum was just linked to their website. It is so clearly established, mobile friendly, and has AWESOME admins that keep on top of things always. I just don't see why we need to try to create something just like this on another platform. 

2/05/2016 6:03 pm  #117

ICantEven wrote:

I wish this forum was just linked to their website. It is so clearly established, mobile friendly, and has AWESOME admins that keep on top of things always. I just don't see why we need to try to create something just like this on another platform. 

I agree that this forum has some awesome admins! 

All information provided is for entertainment only and I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. (EYEROLL)

2/05/2016 8:14 pm  #118

I can't say it enough- Red you ARE the best! Thanks!!! 
MJT- so glad to hear you'll be working on the mobile platform! Great news!
Thank you BOTH for taking time out of your busy schedules to help us all enjoy our Fun Kids Club Squad Team a little more!

2/05/2016 10:51 pm  #119

MJT you are awesome!! My suggestions would be to make the site a reflection/extension of the show.....
Have the doctors or other guests do feature blog posts.....
Have a Wake Up doctors tab....with the doctors info/websites etc.....
A fat kid Friday tab....I listen thinking "man I want to try those fusion cookies" but then it turns into an afterthought because I'm driving and the day passes.
It would be great to have a place to get financially fearless info.

2/08/2016 8:38 pm  #120

The new header looks great!! Very clean!

Board footera