You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/17/2017 7:07 pm  #31

Re: Theories

FKFriday wrote:

I have a really nice one if anyone wants to hang out!! It has an air hockey table, Wii, a million board games and a really comfy futon. Fully stocked bar can be moved down there!

I'm in...assuming the temps are still above 50.   otherwise I'm going to FL.

10/17/2017 7:09 pm  #32

Better do it in the next few weeks then!

10/17/2017 7:09 pm  #33

FKFriday wrote:

I have a really nice one if anyone wants to hang out!! It has an air hockey table, Wii, a million board games and a really comfy futon. Fully stocked bar can be moved down there!

#basementlife

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

10/17/2017 7:43 pm  #34

WhereIsVictoria wrote:

Okay best explanation yet...

https://www.allaccess.com/fcc-uncensored/archive/303/payola-and-plugola-fcc-fines-made-easy

Pretty much, if she’s accepted services for plugging this event (like a free trip) but not disclosed those services to station management prior to broadcast, it’s a violation of the law. Also, there are some conflicts of interest in her plugging her own non-broadcast activities on air. So, that’s probably it. She was probably doing her weekend gig and at the end of the night they told her not to come back.

Sirius might have their own similar rules, but FCC does not regulate satellite radio.

10/17/2017 8:01 pm  #35

Kleenex wrote:

Here's a theory ...those of you in this message board sippin' a little haterade are Brett's sisters and ex producers of the show (you know who you are). 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yes, I'm Jessie and you must be Babette.

10/17/2017 8:18 pm  #36

Posted on other threads but TD is in Cali

10/17/2017 8:27 pm  #37

WhereIsVictoria wrote:

BathiesTime wrote:

Kleenex wrote:

Here's a theory ...those of you in this message board sippin' a little haterade are Brett's sisters and ex producers of the show (you know who you are). 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yes, I'm Jessie and you must be Babette.

I would have guessed Carin, as homegirl clearly needed a few boxes of those to get through the day! 😂😂😂 I’m sure Babette is about to come tell us all how jealous we are, if she’s not already here. And how many ex-producers did Taylor have beef with??? I thought she was just nasty to Steph?

Technically Victoria was a producer. It was after she left that Kenny no longer was a producer and they brought in Steph. There were conflicts of interest about who was the “star”. It was somewhat like the Jenny McCarthy Show in that one was the talent and the other two were producers who contributed.

10/17/2017 8:38 pm  #38

idontcarethatmuch wrote:

Hawr-rible wrote:

OMG, I wish an old producer or someone hopped on here! Could you imagine the intel we could have then? Not for any harm, just to have all the gossip, that would be amazing. 

Would be interested to hear the E sisters side of the story......

The fact that they are quiet says a lot about them.  Well... except that last thing on the "E" website comments........ 

What was the last thing on the ‘E’ website

10/18/2017 7:08 am  #39

WhereIsVictoria wrote:

https://www.allaccess.com/fcc-uncensored/archive/303/payola-and-plugola-fcc-fines-made-easy

Pretty much, if she’s accepted services for plugging this event (like a free trip) but not disclosed those services to station management prior to broadcast, it’s a violation of the law. Also, there are some conflicts of interest in her plugging her own non-broadcast activities on air. So, that’s probably it. She was probably doing her weekend gig and at the end of the night they told her not to come back.

But how is this TandC trip different from when her and Kenny went on the road together? Like larger scale money? But generally the same? Or no?

10/18/2017 7:18 am  #40

piopio12 wrote:

WhereIsVictoria wrote:

But how is this TandC trip different from when her and Kenny went on the road together? Like larger scale money? But generally the same? Or no?

I think it was just all around dodgy. A free website, a gmail account, emailing them your credit card number. Plus, $1400 for what seemed to cost a couple of hundred at most looks like they are pocketing a lot of money. The flyer made it sound like it was a Sirius hosted event, not sure if Kenny's show were ever presented as that?

10/18/2017 7:27 am  #41

Okay - so this might be far fetched, but I just thought of a theory.
I watched The Morning Breath that was shared on the support FB group, and Taylor, yet again, told the Giuliana Rancic story. Well, when that interview happened, Taylor got in trouble because GR complained about her. Could it be possible that GR saw the clip and complained?
I know she has told and retold and retold that story on air, but maybe bringing it to another medium brought more light to it?  

10/18/2017 8:00 am  #42

piopio12 wrote:

WhereIsVictoria wrote:

Listeners didn't pay an outrageous amount so she could go for free!

10/18/2017 8:03 am  #43

BathiesTime wrote:

Okay - so this might be far fetched, but I just thought of a theory.
I watched The Morning Breath that was shared on the support FB group, and Taylor, yet again, told the Giuliana Rancic story. Well, when that interview happened, Taylor got in trouble because GR complained about her. Could it be possible that GR saw the clip and complained?
I know she has told and retold and retold that story on air, but maybe bringing it to another medium brought more light to it?  

I can't see GR watching Morning Breath.

10/18/2017 8:27 am  #44

FKFriday wrote:

piopio12 wrote:

WhereIsVictoria wrote:

I think it was just all around dodgy. A free website, a gmail account, emailing them your credit card number. Plus, $1400 for what seemed to cost a couple of hundred at most looks like they are pocketing a lot of money. The flyer made it sound like it was a Sirius hosted event, not sure if Kenny's show were ever presented as that?

I don’t quite recall the Kenny and Taylor show promotions, so maybe that is the difference. But the rest of it just doesn’t seem that odd to me? Like clearly people are drinking the Kool-Aid on the other board. Maybe sending the CC over the web is odd? But, I’ve had people just send me there cc’s via email, some people just really trust AmEx will fix it all.

10/18/2017 8:30 am  #45

I think the shows with Kenny were different- those were his personal stand-up shows and they didn't broadcast the show from them, and it wasn't presented as a Sirius event. And maybe that got sticky too, because they used to play clips of Kenny's stand-up back in the day and then they just stopped doing that altogether. I wondered at the time if maybe Sirius had put the kibosh on that since it was promoting non-show career stuff of Kenny's. But who knows. Also, when people paid for those shows, even if they were listeners, the money went to a separate entity so Sirius didn't have anything to do with payment. Those weren't shows designed only for Wake Up listeners so I just really think that was a different scenario than the getaway. 

Life's a bitch...and so am I.

10/18/2017 8:35 am  #46

Just playing devils advocate...and Kenny was also essentially let go because they were assholes with his renegotiation, so it probably was a problem then too.  But I’ve been to several of Kenny’s shows, and it was basically only listeners who went.

10/18/2017 8:36 am  #47

I think had anything gone wrong with the trip (CC #s stolen, accident on the actual trip, etc) Sirius could be held responsible and sued as it was presented as their event. The whole thing didn't seem like they were behind it (no promotion on their sites, I would think payment would be going to a Sirius account) and that got her in hot water....false promotion and all. Her being gone may have had nothing to do with it, its just the only thing that makes sense to me to have happened that quickly. I did email about the trip again this am to see if it was still on.

10/18/2017 9:05 am  #48

I think it's the trip thing too. However, Sirius personalities hosting trips isn't necessarily a no-no. Lino Rulli (the Catholic Guy on the Catholic Channel) host pilgrimages all over the world for listeners. He just had sign ups for his 26th pilgrimage. And those are only marketed to listeners. In fact, when you sign up, the form asks you to list your favorite segment of the show, as a way to try to weed out people who aren't listeners. He talks a lot about the trips on his Sirius show. He has broadcast from his trips as well.  I believe he sets all this up through an outside company, which is who you end up paying. Not some random gmail account.
​He goes all over the world with these trips and they are expensive too. This last one was almost $5k a person. You get flight, lodging, food, drinks, and a tour for a week out of the deal though. He also makes money off of them, as well a free trip, which he has said on the air. However, the way he interacts with his listeners is night and day compared to Taylor. His does not seem like a money grab. It seems like he is genuinely excited to meet listeners and share a once in a lifetime experience with them. 

10/18/2017 9:07 am  #49

Weren't the shows with Kenny just regular stand-up shows with normal ticket prices?  They didn't come to my area so I never looked into specifics, but I can't imagine they were charging $1000 for a meet & greet after the show. My initial disgust from the T&C trip came from the price for what was included, and knowing Taylor wanted to go on vacation a few months ago but didn't want to pay for flights. She was clearly using listeners for a free vacation because we know (based on the Miami trips with Carin) that she usually stays behind another week.  She only had to suffer through Saturday with the listeners, then she and TD could finish out the rest of the week for free. Kenny already did stand-up so their appearances together made sense.

10/18/2017 9:18 am  #50

As much as I hate to say the FB group was right about something...I think whoever the girl was that said its a plugola playola issue was right!  I'd bet Taylor did not get the right approvals and could have gotten Sirius in deep shit, so they fired her.  I'm wondering if Taylor is even being investigated by the FCC and that's why she's laying low.

10/18/2017 9:25 am  #51

I've been to two of Kenny's stand up shows. Tickets were always ~$15. And yes, I have a feeling most people in the audience were listeners, I know at the shows I went to there were some people who were not. The local bars where his shows were here in Jacksonville also promoted him locally so he got some attendance from that as well. He always hung around before and after the shows to meet listeners and never charged for it. Kenny is so humble and gracious, Taylor is not. His attitude is that he is grateful people are coming to the shows, whereas Taylor thinks WE should be grateful to see her. This is why I've always found Kenny to be so much more likeable.

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

10/18/2017 9:44 am  #52

WhereIsVictoria wrote:

Right!! The laying low part of her message on IG is interesting. It does kind of sound like there is an investigation going on! I don't think FCC regulations cover most content on satellite radio but I think it's possible that there are certain parts that translate, and since she would be making money off of the trip but didn't mention to listeners that she was being sponsored by the hotel, that shadiness might qualify as plugola.

Yes, the FCC can't control content of Satellite, that's why Howard can have Cocktober!   
But this plugola and playola is totally what Taylor was doing...and it covers everything, even down to blogs I believe.  Makes me wonder if she's gone back in and added those affiliate link messages to her blog posts.

10/18/2017 9:46 am  #53

I went back through my emails to see what I've paid to see Kenny in the past.  The price probably was also dependent on the venue.  

2013 - $17
2015 - $35 (this was the show that he and Taylor did in Miami...TD was there too)
2016 - $20

10/18/2017 9:53 am  #54

Also when I saw Kenny (and I have to assume this was the case with most shows), tickets were sold through the venue's ticketing site.

10/18/2017 9:59 am  #55

The needing  #Ad or whatever does make the most sense to me as why she was dismissed.

10/18/2017 10:16 am  #56

Crystal Lynn has The Actual definition of what she did. This makes all the sense in the world and its definitely fireable. 

Crystal Lynn Y’all I currently work in media. I need you to google Plugola & Payola. Both illegal in Radio business practice according the FCC. After asking some Radio mentors of mine, they say this very well could be a plugola situation, especially if she did not have the express consent of Sirius. 

Also people keep bringing up Andy in comparison to Taylor. There is a huge difference in someone being a host on a show on a channel, and being someone who an entire channel was created and built around. I’m sure Andy had the bargaining power to write specific things into his contract.

I loved WUWT because there (imo) isn’t another show on Sirius that comes close to it, but I also realize in the grand scope of it all, the big bosses probably weighed the liability vs. star power to justify if this is something that could slide. 
Andy could probably get away with it. Taylor did not have enough pull. 

I want WUWT back on the air, but I also think the show was hindering her from doing some major things in her career.

10/18/2017 10:30 am  #57

Wow, see having a seasoned manager who isn't a 23 year old fan turned friend turned manager would've protected her from this. Instead of constantly saying yes to her his job should've been to stop her from doing something like this. They even joked how Matt constantly said yes to her. A good manager would have known this trip idea could be hairy and would have brought in legal and sirius to make sure it was okay across the board. I don't think she has major things waiting for her, the job at sirius was a major thing. They're a media empire...how many companies are going to now be scared to hire her...especially if she's being investigated or is in trouble with the FCC

Last edited by micdrop (10/18/2017 10:31 am)

10/18/2017 10:37 am  #58

micdrop wrote:

Wow, see having a seasoned manager who isn't a 23 year old fan turned friend turned manager would've protected her from this. Instead of constantly saying yes to her his job should've been to stop her from doing something like this. They even joked how Matt constantly said yes to her. A good manager would have known this trip idea could be hairy and would have brought in legal and sirius to make sure it was okay across the board. I don't think she has major things waiting for her, the job at sirius was a major thing. They're a media empire...how many companies are going to now be scared to hire her...especially if she's being investigated or is in trouble with the FCC

Sadly, I have to agree. I do not believe anything is going to top having her own radio show at sirius. She may have a podcast, but she will have to put in a TON of work and effort, and I just do not think she has it in her. 

10/18/2017 10:48 am  #59

Totally agree! Unfortunately, she met Matt and saw $$$ and Matt met Taylor and fan-girled out. Sorry to say but her greed got the best of her, and I agree she got her own self fired. Surrounding herself by an entourage of "yes men" was never a good idea. All these random-ass side gigs that have nothing to do with Taylor or her "brand" are confusing and weird. (Ferrari event? Survivor aftershow? WHY???) I just can't see what huge amazing things could possibly be on the horizon, if those were her best opportunities after a decade on Sirius. I guess we'll see! 🤷‍♀️

“I don’t always stir the pot, sometimes I smoke it...” 🚬

10/18/2017 10:53 am  #60

Wakeupfan420 wrote:

Totally agree! Unfortunately, she met Matt and saw $$$ and Matt met Taylor and fan-girled out. Sorry to say but her greed got the best of her, and I agree she got her own self fired. Surrounding herself by an entourage of "yes men" was never a good idea. All these random-ass side gigs that have nothing to do with Taylor or her "brand" are confusing and weird. (Ferrari event? Survivor aftershow? WHY???) I just can't see what huge amazing things could possibly be on the horizon, if those were her best opportunities after a decade on Sirius. I guess we'll see! 🤷‍♀️

​All of this! YES! Survivor after show was SO weird!

Board footera