You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/18/2017 11:15 am  #61

Re: Theories

I emailed the show asking for a Survivor segment on Thursdays since she was a fan now lol...I guess we'll never know what could've been!

“I don’t always stir the pot, sometimes I smoke it...” 🚬

10/18/2017 11:26 am  #62

piopio12 wrote:

The needing  #Ad or whatever does make the most sense to me as why she was dismissed.

Wasn't she using Dr V as her dentist too?! I don't ever recall seeing #ad on any posting with her. This could apply to any number of guest and foodie finds in which she was getting free services and products and never promoted as such.

Taylor said recently (and I'm sure 100 other times) she gets free dinners at nice restaurants so she'll talk about them on air.

10/18/2017 11:28 am  #63

DestinationAwesometown wrote:

piopio12 wrote:

The needing #Ad or whatever does make the most sense to me as why she was dismissed.

Wasn't she using Dr V as her dentist too?! I don't ever recall seeing #ad on any posting with her. This could apply to any number of guest and foodie finds in which she was getting free services and products and never promoted as such.

Taylor said recently (and I'm sure 100 other times) she gets free dinners at nice restaurants so she'll talk about them on air.

I think a lot of that is part of the job, and why it may have never occurred to her (them?) that the trip would be an issue. That was just a little too far though.

10/18/2017 11:33 am  #64

piopio12 wrote:

The needing #Ad or whatever does make the most sense to me as why she was dismissed.

Can I take a moment to say thank god we never have to hear another Toof Talk!

10/18/2017 11:46 am  #65

Self-aware wrote:

piopio12 wrote:

PRAISE!

10/18/2017 11:53 am  #66

Self-aware wrote:

#BLESSED 🙏🏼

10/18/2017 11:55 am  #67

WhereIsVictoria wrote:

Okay best explanation yet...

https://www.allaccess.com/fcc-uncensored/archive/303/payola-and-plugola-fcc-fines-made-easy

Pretty much, if she’s accepted services for plugging this event (like a free trip) but not disclosed those services to station management prior to broadcast, it’s a violation of the law. Also, there are some conflicts of interest in her plugging her own non-broadcast activities on air. So, that’s probably it. She was probably doing her weekend gig and at the end of the night they told her not to come back.

Sirius might have their own similar rules, but FCC does not regulate satellite radio.

FCC most certainly does regulate satellite radio. Just that there is more flexibility with vulgar language because this is a paid subscription service.

10/18/2017 12:17 pm  #68

SoftPretzels wrote:

WhereIsVictoria wrote:

Okay best explanation yet...

https://www.allaccess.com/fcc-uncensored/archive/303/payola-and-plugola-fcc-fines-made-easy

Pretty much, if she’s accepted services for plugging this event (like a free trip) but not disclosed those services to station management prior to broadcast, it’s a violation of the law. Also, there are some conflicts of interest in her plugging her own non-broadcast activities on air. So, that’s probably it. She was probably doing her weekend gig and at the end of the night they told her not to come back.

Sirius might have their own similar rules, but FCC does not regulate satellite radio.

FCC most certainly does regulate satellite radio. Just that there is more flexibility with vulgar language because this is a paid subscription service.

SiriusXM is licensed by the FCC. FCC doesn't regulate satellite radio content or scheduling of programming. So, what is their oversight? Asking for a friend...

10/18/2017 12:36 pm  #69

So- I have 13- years of radio under my belt.  The unsanctioned trip (if I could make an educated guess) is the most likely reason of why she was fired.  

1- She's acting as a representative of Sirius (which did not approve/sponsor/arrange the trip) and using the platform to make money for herself.  That's in no doubt a violation of her contract ("misrepresentation").
2- She stands to make around $1,000 off each participant.  Sirius doesn't get any of that money.  When personalities book gigs (i.e. your local jock at a car dealership, hosting trivia night, emceeing an event, etc) they get paid what is called a "talent fee" by the advertiser (i.e. the venue) and the broadcast entity gets the rest.  In mid-markets this is usually $100-$500/ gig depending on length.  Sirius is more (not much more-- don't be fooled just because it's satellite) but it is most certainly not that much more.  
3- She's having people send their credit card information to an unsecured email address... I mean, all email account have a password and all but it isn't that hard to break into an email account... Especially with all of these fresh credit card numbers just hanging out in there... You know?  I mean, not everyone who listens to the show is an upstanding citizen.  
4- We are teetering on payola/plugola territory.  This is the same rule that has made it so radio DJs cannot get a ton of free concert tickets anymore :-/.  We cannot accept money personally in order to plug or promote your product/service/etc... So, if Taylor (a) had a vested interest in the hotel/travel company/etc (i.e. a friend owns it) and she would get a kickback that is, indeed, pay for play (and illegal).  Each of the people giving their credit card info (if charged) would then have grounds to sue Taylor, Sirius, etc. 
5- If anything happened on that trip... Can you think of the mess Sirius would be in?  If someone was hurt, died, went missing, etc.?  Taylor herself would end up getting sued (and, if you cannot afford a decent divorce attorney, no WAY are you getting out of that).  Here it comes full circle:  If she were representing herself and the trip as Sirius, that entity would also be sued, etc.  

It just makes sense.  And she may not be able to comment about it because, if she has already accepted money, she's entering into a legal shit hole.

10/18/2017 12:37 pm  #70

micdrop wrote:

Wow, see having a seasoned manager who isn't a 23 year old fan turned friend turned manager would've protected her from this. Instead of constantly saying yes to her his job should've been to stop her from doing something like this. They even joked how Matt constantly said yes to her. A good manager would have known this trip idea could be hairy and would have brought in legal and sirius to make sure it was okay across the board. I don't think she has major things waiting for her, the job at sirius was a major thing. They're a media empire...how many companies are going to now be scared to hire her...especially if she's being investigated or is in trouble with the FCC

Her first move should be to dump Matt and get an experienced manager!

10/18/2017 12:41 pm  #71

SorryNotSorry wrote:

So- I have 13- years of radio under my belt.  The unsanctioned trip (if I could make an educated guess) is the most likely reason of why she was fired.  

1- She's acting as a representative of Sirius (which did not approve/sponsor/arrange the trip) and using the platform to make money for herself.  That's in no doubt a violation of her contract ("misrepresentation").
2- She stands to make around $1,000 off each participant.  Sirius doesn't get any of that money.  When personalities book gigs (i.e. your local jock at a car dealership, hosting trivia night, emceeing an event, etc) they get paid what is called a "talent fee" by the advertiser (i.e. the venue) and the broadcast entity gets the rest.  In mid-markets this is usually $100-$500/ gig depending on length.  Sirius is more (not much more-- don't be fooled just because it's satellite) but it is most certainly not that much more.  
3- She's having people send their credit card information to an unsecured email address... I mean, all email account have a password and all but it isn't that hard to break into an email account... Especially with all of these fresh credit card numbers just hanging out in there... You know?  I mean, not everyone who listens to the show is an upstanding citizen.  
4- We are teetering on payola/plugola territory.  This is the same rule that has made it so radio DJs cannot get a ton of free concert tickets anymore :-/.  We cannot accept money personally in order to plug or promote your product/service/etc... So, if Taylor (a) had a vested interest in the hotel/travel company/etc (i.e. a friend owns it) and she would get a kickback that is, indeed, pay for play (and illegal).  Each of the people giving their credit card info (if charged) would then have grounds to sue Taylor, Sirius, etc. 
5- If anything happened on that trip... Can you think of the mess Sirius would be in?  If someone was hurt, died, went missing, etc.?  Taylor herself would end up getting sued (and, if you cannot afford a decent divorce attorney, no WAY are you getting out of that).  Here it comes full circle:  If she were representing herself and the trip as Sirius, that entity would also be sued, etc.  

It just makes sense.  And she may not be able to comment about it because, if she has already accepted money, she's entering into a legal shit hole.

I wonder if anyone had sent their CC info in a rush to secure a spot on the trip? If so, that does create another layer of legal trouble.

10/18/2017 12:43 pm  #72

Great question!! I'm DYING to know if anyone actually signed up for the trip!!

10/18/2017 12:43 pm  #73

Most of the sports and entertainment managers I know (I know a handful) are actually lawyers first. It’s really hard to be an effective manager without a law degree. I actually started college with the intention of being an agent and then hated the “talent”. I can’t stand egos.

Last edited by Longtimelistener (10/18/2017 12:44 pm)

10/18/2017 1:17 pm  #74

Someone mentioned on the FB page that Jenny McCarthy made a comment today while plugging her new drink “Blondie” she said “I’m actually scared to plug anything now” so I think these trip theories are correct!

10/18/2017 2:00 pm  #75

Agains this is why she should’ve had a manager to protect her from this. I have a feeling she’s in really deep. Or could have been. Getting fired may be the least of her worries. It’s such an Amateur thing she did.

10/18/2017 2:51 pm  #76

SorryNotSorry wrote:

Thank you for this wealth of knowledge! I feel very informed and a bit more knowledgable now!

10/18/2017 2:59 pm  #77

If only plug and play applied to politicians!  How do we make that happen!?!  haha!  

I think we nailed it, girls!  So what will happen?? Taylor in an orange jumpsuit?  Reduced to a local FM radio morning show host?  Selling real estate in Mass, living in her parents basement?  
I don't think we'll hear her on radio ever again.

10/18/2017 3:02 pm  #78

On insta they are really laying into someone saying shame on taylor for the trip and trying to scam her fans and it was her fault. Taylor responded some dumb comment.

Podcasting is the only thing she will do. No way will she be on TV. How will any radio actually hire her now for what she did? At least with a podcast she can still tout this trip. Lord knows she's gonna need one.

She keeps saying better things to come but a podcast is the only thing I can think of. She won't be on TV. Her getting fired for her stupid actions means I wouldn't hire her right now for anything radio or tv wise.

10/18/2017 3:10 pm  #79

WhosBecky? wrote:

If only plug and play applied to politicians!  How do we make that happen!?!  haha!  

I think we nailed it, girls!  So what will happen?? Taylor in an orange jumpsuit?  Reduced to a local FM radio morning show host?  Selling real estate in Mass, living in her parents basement?  
I don't think we'll hear her on radio ever again.

I'm literally laughing at this - she's talked about sleeping in her parents' basement before too. Now who's the basement dweller?!

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

10/18/2017 3:12 pm  #80

10/18/2017 3:33 pm  #81

Does the FCC have some control or interest in Podcasts??  I'm guessing not, but I bet they're trying!
Seems like a few I listen to are very conscious of saying what's an ad and what isn't.  I'd be willing to bet T gets off by saying she will no longer work in radio (if she's lucky).  I'm guessing the FCC and her legal team have said no talk, no podcast, no nothing until its sorted out.

10/18/2017 3:52 pm  #82

WhosBecky? wrote:

Does the FCC have some control or interest in Podcasts??  I'm guessing not, but I bet they're trying!
Seems like a few I listen to are very conscious of saying what's an ad and what isn't.  I'd be willing to bet T gets off by saying she will no longer work in radio (if she's lucky).  I'm guessing the FCC and her legal team have said no talk, no podcast, no nothing until its sorted out.

Podcast advertising tends to be very transparent - you'll notice that people are very clear about advertisements and cater to their demographics.  My guess is that podcasts are more about personal brands and they don't want to shill things they dgaf about.  Was listening to the Almost Famous podcast (Ben H & Ashley I from the bachelor franchise) earlier today as my WUWT replacement and he said he wouldn't name a face cream he used&liked because they weren't a podcast sponsor.  WTF

10/18/2017 7:14 pm  #83

Thank you sorry not sorry. I posted about plug/play in the fb group but clearly people with no knowledge of media were discounting and excusing away my very plausible reason.

Also anyone want to theorize when Tay goes back to “breadwinner” men? I say 6 months

10/18/2017 7:54 pm  #84

SoftPretzels wrote:

Thank you sorry not sorry. I posted about plug/play in the fb group but clearly people with no knowledge of media were discounting and excusing away my very plausible reason.

Also anyone want to theorize when Tay goes back to “breadwinner” men? I say 6 months

How long is TD in California?

10/18/2017 8:01 pm  #85

SoftPretzels wrote:

If this happens, I don't even know, I'll be so pissed though. TD seems like such a doll, I hate to think Taylor would drop her if things got hard. Maybe that's better for TD though. Ugh 😕

10/18/2017 8:01 pm  #86

The last time she was on A&C, I forget exactly what the subject was, but she said something like she would never be homeless, and she could just fuck a rich guy. It was bethos enough when she said it, but now seems super icky...

10/18/2017 8:07 pm  #87

So a girl posted links to her sound cloud where she had downloaded some of the WUWT clips/episodes. THE VERY FIRST ONE I LISTENED TOO was during a fat kid Friday and Taylor says “ if I lose this gig can I come work with you” considering the circumstances it was just too ironic

10/18/2017 9:28 pm  #88

SoftPretzels wrote:

Happy to help!  Honestly it's all super sketchy and quasi-illegal.  I feel bad for her in a way but, honestly, it was not a well-thought out plan.  While I'm on-air in a mid-sized market (compared to #1 market and satellite), Taylor and I have the same amount of years in radio.  I feel like she would know that this was a bad idea so it's really confusing.  

I do not think it will be easy for her to get another radio gig.  Someone mentioned real estate... Real estate, car sales and communications/PR are the natural progression following a career in radio so any of those would make sense.  If Taylor could get herself in to a decent market in the Boston 'burbs she could probably make a killing in real estate.  

IMHO television will not work out.  Radio personalities do not always translate well on to television... We're used to (for instance) staring at the wall when we talk rather than engaging with people, we do weird fidgety things while rattling off live reads or reading headlines, we aren't totally aware of our facial expressions (because, again, no one can see us).  They are two very different mediums and it's difficult to seamlessly transition.  While I appreciate that Taylor's D-list friends are attempting to help her get auditions I just don't see it actually working out for her... 

10/18/2017 9:43 pm  #89

SorryNotSorry wrote:

SoftPretzels wrote:

Happy to help!  Honestly it's all super sketchy and quasi-illegal.  I feel bad for her in a way but, honestly, it was not a well-thought out plan.  While I'm on-air in a mid-sized market (compared to #1 market and satellite), Taylor and I have the same amount of years in radio.  I feel like she would know that this was a bad idea so it's really confusing.  

I do not think it will be easy for her to get another radio gig.  Someone mentioned real estate... Real estate, car sales and communications/PR are the natural progression following a career in radio so any of those would make sense.  If Taylor could get herself in to a decent market in the Boston 'burbs she could probably make a killing in real estate.  

IMHO television will not work out.  Radio personalities do not always translate well on to television... We're used to (for instance) staring at the wall when we talk rather than engaging with people, we do weird fidgety things while rattling off live reads or reading headlines, we aren't totally aware of our facial expressions (because, again, no one can see us).  They are two very different mediums and it's difficult to seamlessly transition.  While I appreciate that Taylor's D-list friends are attempting to help her get auditions I just don't see it actually working out for her... 

Word.

Life's a bitch...and so am I.

10/18/2017 10:13 pm  #90

Again, I would think a lot of that a good manager in the business would understand! Ugh it’s so frustrating!

Last edited by micdrop (10/18/2017 10:13 pm)

Board footera