You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2018 10:43 am  #31

Re: Taste of Tay

Wow, a week later and it's STILL not up. She. Needs. A. Better. Team. 

2/05/2018 10:49 am  #32

taylorstrecker.com has not been updated since before the show started.

2/05/2018 11:24 am  #33

Anyone seeing todays show? I couldn't get it to play live, and still not seeing it uploaded today? I can't keep deleting the app and reinstalling  

2/05/2018 12:08 pm  #34

FKFriday wrote:

Anyone seeing todays show? I couldn't get it to play live, and still not seeing it uploaded today? I can't keep deleting the app and reinstalling  

I've never had to delete/reinstall, but I don't listen live. I see the episode there though.

2/05/2018 7:05 pm  #35

The podcast is up now. I haven't had a chance to listen yet but was able to download. 

2/05/2018 7:17 pm  #36

I wonder if she even knows it’s up - you’d think she’d post on some form of social media after the 3 weeks of anticipation.

One person on FB described it as cringeworthy - howling 🙄😂🙄😂

2/05/2018 8:18 pm  #37

Taste of Tay is up

2/05/2018 8:56 pm  #38

PrincessPoppy wrote:

I wonder if she even knows it’s up - you’d think she’d post on some form of social media after the 3 weeks of anticipation.

One person on FB described it as cringeworthy - howling 🙄😂🙄😂

Yikes! If they’re calling it bethos, it must be bad 😬

2/05/2018 9:02 pm  #39

I can't find it.

2/05/2018 9:13 pm  #40

I had to search Taylor Strecker for it to come up.

2/06/2018 7:49 am  #41

Anyone on here the listener Taylor got in an email fight with last week?!

2/06/2018 8:37 am  #42

The BBs brains must be hurting since it's not titled Taste of Tay as she advertised. Would love to know who she got in an email fight with! She does protest on the scam accusations a bit too much. Simply provide the trip cost breakdown with an explanation of where the excess was going. Also explain thinking about why it was a good idea to accept credit cards via gmail. Be truly honest and it will go away. 

Also, she needs to stop with how hard she now has to work! Just stop!

2/06/2018 11:10 am  #43

I listen to her taste of Taylor Strecker this morning ,  and the fact that she got into an email fight with a listener has now raised my love for her 10 more bars!
If yer reading this Taylor 🙏 please give us the transcript 😂😂
I love that she is unfiltered and fucking crazy

2/06/2018 1:17 pm  #44

Haven't listened to the entire show yet but I really wish I wasn't driving when I listened because I have a lot of thoughts.

Interesting to hear her basically admit that when she was at XM she barely did anything. I'm sure it is a huge adjustment for her, I get that but I also find it hard to find any sympathy. A lot of people have to do all of that work without already have an audience and built in support of comedians, podcast people, etc.

Also, I can't help but think it would have been more helpful for to use that first podcast as more of an introduction of herself/recap of who she is and what she does. When they started talking about Dr. Wider, for example, I was thinking that if I gave this podcast link to someone who had never heard Taylor they would have zero context for the stuff she was saying.

Having said all of that, as someone who does know all the background, I mostly found the podcast enjoyable. There is no way I could listen to 10 hours of new content a week but I can easily add another hour into my existing rotation.

2/06/2018 1:19 pm  #45

Oh! And how about when Taylor said something about providing new content even if she's sick and TD brought up the ex-in laws?

2/06/2018 10:28 pm  #46

BethosGirlSC wrote:

The BBs brains must be hurting since it's not titled Taste of Tay as she advertised. Would love to know who she got in an email fight with! She does protest on the scam accusations a bit too much. Simply provide the trip cost breakdown with an explanation of where the excess was going. Also explain thinking about why it was a good idea to accept credit cards via gmail. Be truly honest and it will go away. 

I think it only would have been a scam if she didn’t deliver everything that was promised. The fact that what she offered wasn’t worth much compared to the price is more on the buyer. So I think overpriced might be a better word than scam.

2/07/2018 7:56 am  #47

Very true, BA!

I do think where it became shady to me (besides the CCs) was her and Babs saying adamantly Taylor wasn’t getting anything from the trip. It’s a pricy meet & greet, own it! Hell, be proud of it! A number of people on fb were going to go they said, people are willing to pay a ton to meet you, be proud of that! Saying that that was all cost is crap, that’s what annoys me, the lying.

2/07/2018 8:00 am  #48

Who cares if we are annoyed......we are peasants in their eyes

(Babs speaking to Taylor) “tell the peasants everything is legit, lest they learn to read or do mathematics. “

“The serfs are just jealous”

Last edited by Karma (2/07/2018 8:02 am)

Bringer Of memes, shenanigans, Tom foolery, and hoe saving

2/07/2018 8:31 am  #49

BabyAngel wrote:

BethosGirlSC wrote:

I think it only would have been a scam if she didn’t deliver everything that was promised. The fact that what she offered wasn’t worth much compared to the price is more on the buyer. So I think overpriced might be a better word than scam.

Agreed...I guess the better word is "shady" rather than "scam".

2/07/2018 8:32 am  #50

FKFriday wrote:

Very true, BA!

I do think where it became shady to me (besides the CCs) was her and Babs saying adamantly Taylor wasn’t getting anything from the trip. It’s a pricy meet & greet, own it! Hell, be proud of it! A number of people on fb were going to go they said, people are willing to pay a ton to meet you, be proud of that! Saying that that was all cost is crap, that’s what annoys me, the lying.

Right! Own that you've reached celebrity status enough that you have fans that will gladly overpay to hang out with you.

2/07/2018 8:56 am  #51

BethosGirlSC wrote:

FKFriday wrote:

Very true, BA!

Right! Own that you've reached celebrity status enough that you have fans that will gladly overpay to hang out with you.

Did it bother anyone else when her and TD were talking about VDay gifts and Taylor was talking about how she's doing so great financially right now she can splurge on a gift...GIRL read the room! Maybe I'm just a tad bit petty about it because of her asking for so much money from listeners for that trip which she refuses to take responsibility for.

2/07/2018 9:01 am  #52

I just think it’s tacky to discuss money like that. Our company takes all managers and their spouse to the Carribean for a week in the spring. I never discuss the trip in front of clients. It’s ultinately their money paying for it, and it’s just crass to mention it.

2/07/2018 9:42 am  #53

So, listened to the podcast....upfront I will say that I get it was the first one and she is still trying to figure out how to play it, so I'll give some leniency for that. BUT, dude, that sucked. I was waiting for the podcast (that was supposed to be a preview of the show) to decide whether it's worth it to subscribe or not. She barely talked about any topics that had been discussed on the show, though- it was one big, thirsty plug telling me to subscribe (repeatedly) but gave no real insight into the show at all. I did like hearing her and TD banter back and forth, but it did nothing to give me a taste of the show. It was like, "ok, so on such and such day we had Emma Wilmann on, and it was so funny! Did I mention it's $6.95 to subscribe to the show?" Ugh, that's not what I thought the podcast was going to do; I thought it was going to be a Best of the Week sort of thing, which she says she might do in the future- or maybe not. So, I was frustrated to say the least- I waited almost a month for that shit..... 

Life's a bitch...and so am I.

2/07/2018 9:50 am  #54

Hawr-rible wrote:

So, listened to the podcast....upfront I will say that I get it was the first one and she is still trying to figure out how to play it, so I'll give some leniency for that. BUT, dude, that sucked. I was waiting for the podcast (that was supposed to be a preview of the show) to decide whether it's worth it to subscribe or not. She barely talked about any topics that had been discussed on the show, though- it was one big, thirsty plug telling me to subscribe (repeatedly) but gave no real insight into the show at all. I did like hearing her and TD banter back and forth, but it did nothing to give me a taste of the show. It was like, "ok, so on such and such day we had Emma Wilmann on, and it was so funny! Did I mention it's $6.95 to subscribe to the show?" Ugh, that's not what I thought the podcast was going to do; I thought it was going to be a Best of the Week sort of thing, which she says she might do in the future- or maybe not. So, I was frustrated to say the least- I waited almost a month for that shit..... 

So it was just Taylor and TD recapping a couple weeks of the show? I was under the impression that it was going to be various clips from the show mashed together like a best of. I'm not sure how this is supposed to give people an idea of what the show is like.

2/07/2018 9:54 am  #55

HeatherW wrote:

Hawr-rible wrote:

So it was just Taylor and TD recapping a couple weeks of the show? I was under the impression that it was going to be various clips from the show mashed together like a best of. I'm not sure how this is supposed to give people an idea of what the show is like.

They didn't even really recap anything. It was more just a plea for subscribers.

2/07/2018 10:03 am  #56

BethosGirlSC wrote:

HeatherW wrote:

Hawr-rible wrote:

They didn't even really recap anything. It was more just a plea for subscribers.

Yup pretty much "these were my guests. they were great. this is how you subscribe" 

2/07/2018 10:05 am  #57

FKFriday wrote:

I just think it’s tacky to discuss money like that. Our company takes all managers and their spouse to the Carribean for a week in the spring. I never discuss the trip in front of clients. It’s ultinately their money paying for it, and it’s just crass to mention it.

THIS THIS THIS. It's exactly the words I was trying to get out but you worded it better. Do not talk to us about how you can spend a ton of money for vday because of money we are directly putting in your pocket. Just grossed me out. Glad she's doing great but no need to talk about it "on air".

2/07/2018 10:06 am  #58

BethosGirlSC wrote:

HeatherW wrote:

Hawr-rible wrote:

Yes, exactly! No real recap of anything, just who the co-hosts were and vague mention of what they talked about. I know the co-hosts already, but anyone who has never listened to her previous show does not, so it gave those people even less than I got.

Life's a bitch...and so am I.

2/07/2018 10:37 am  #59

I hope she is setting aside some of that money for taxes. If not it could be why she feels she is immediately doing better.

2/07/2018 11:00 am  #60

Agree that podcast was not really a recap. She need to do one hour of best of and play clips.
The best part was when she  she admitted to lambasting a listener in an email war!  That shit was funny,  like Taylor saying when I’m on travel for work I just never know what you’re gonna do.

Board footera