You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2018 11:59 am  #31

Re: Article about GWNJ's Mom

In the apology video, she said she was 16 when she sent those Tweets.  She was 18.

3/01/2018 12:25 pm  #32

Some were from 2015–wasn’t she 20?

Last edited by legaleagle (3/01/2018 12:26 pm)

3/01/2018 12:39 pm  #33

Durst_Burp wrote:

BabyAngel wrote:

I’m confused because I thought this stuff has been on these pages for quite a while now. So why is the rest of the world just finding out about it? Or is it just more is coming out and the tweets have been compiled to further drive the point home?

I'm wondering the same thing - I posted a similar article way back when Taylor started getting hot & heavy with them (lol I had to google GWNJ because I genuinely had no idea who she was). I think part of it is the addition of the tweets, and part of it is the particular news outlets that are reporting on it this time around (Daily Beast/Buzzfeed) are places that her demo is more likely to see.

I specifically remember you posting about this topic when I first came on board here. And, if I remember correctly most of us were less than enthused about GWNJ in the first place.

I have always found her to be somewhat boring. But, admittedly I did attribute that to generational differences between her and I.

If this is the case, Taylor may want to consider how healthy a relationship with Claudia may be for her own career.

Bringer Of memes, shenanigans, Tom foolery, and hoe saving

3/01/2018 12:39 pm  #34

legaleagle wrote:

Some were from 2015–wasn’t she 20?

Yes 19-20 when she made the ever-so-eloquent observation about taking cabs = supporting terrorists 🙄

“I don’t always stir the pot, sometimes I smoke it...” 🚬

3/01/2018 1:02 pm  #35

Yikes, just yikes. I never liked Claudia because I thought she was annoying and boring, but damn- I didn't remember this being brought up on here, but I might just not have really read it because I have no interest in her. Oh how the mighty fall quickly..... can't say I feel sorry for her. Guess she might have to be Girl With a Damned Real Job now......

Life's a bitch...and so am I.

3/01/2018 2:00 pm  #36

In today's least surprising news, Stassi commented on Instagram saying everyone does dumb things, blah blah blah.

3/01/2018 2:00 pm  #37

Jackie hasn’t now posted an apology and removed her latest sponsored post.  I bet they’re both going to lose several sponsors and it’s been reported that they’ve already lost thousands of followers.  Interesting to see how far they will fall.

Stassi also posted “condolences” on both apologies.

3/01/2018 2:06 pm  #38

Remember a month or so ago Taylor was at Claudia's "half birthday" party (gag) put on by diet coke? Bet that deal is down the tubes...

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

3/01/2018 2:11 pm  #39

I’m also so annoyed that people on social media are 1) conflating conservative views with racism (what does it say about them that they think the two are one in the same?!) and 2) claiming the show was canceled because of their mom’s racist views.  I would almost guarantee that they were fired for THEIR tweets, not their mom’s persona because the latter would certainly land Oath in the middle of an employment lawsuit.  Also, they were (are?) employed by Oath and I’m not sure Oath has terminated them, just canceled their show.  Who knows if they were terminated by Oath....possibly, but they might have received severance (which I doubt).

3/01/2018 2:26 pm  #40

Oh my god that apology was ridiculous like bitch remove those old tweeks!
Honestly I can’t even imagine my kids having those harsh opinions and typing them at that age I am really surprised.  My faith in the millennial’s is just are gone to shit now  😂🤮😥

3/01/2018 2:29 pm  #41

legaleagle wrote:

I’m also so annoyed that people on social media are 1) conflating conservative views with racism (what does it say about them that they think the two are one in the same?!) and 2) claiming the show was canceled because of their mom’s racist views.  I would almost guarantee that they were fired for THEIR tweets, not their mom’s persona because the latter would certainly land Oath in the middle of an employment lawsuit.  Also, they were (are?) employed by Oath and I’m not sure Oath has terminated them, just canceled their show.  Who knows if they were terminated by Oath....possibly, but they might have received severance (which I doubt).

Maybe people confuse conservatism with racism because the man in charge of the White House is a racist himself.
I understand not all Trump supporters are Nazis and white supremacists,  but all Nazis and white supremacists are Trump supporters !

3/01/2018 3:04 pm  #42

The woman who wrote the article is getting threats now from far right people too.

3/01/2018 3:17 pm  #43

I would have sympathy for them if the issue/reason their show got cancelled was solely because of their mother and her political views since you can't control who your parents are. I also think that whoever raises you, especially if they have very strong views can influence you at a young age. But that doesn't excuse the tweets, honestly it was pure stupidity on their part. As soon as they started to try and have a social media following/be in the limelight the first thing they should've done is delete any old controversial tweets. For fucks sake, even if I was applying for a job the first thing I'd do would be go through any of my social media that is public and make sure none of it could raise a red flag. How did none of their management see this coming?!

3/01/2018 3:23 pm  #44

ThatWholeBrevityThang wrote:

I would have sympathy for them if the issue/reason their show got cancelled was solely because of their mother and her political views since you can't control who your parents are. I also think that whoever raises you, especially if they have very strong views can influence you at a young age. But that doesn't excuse the tweets, honestly it was pure stupidity on their part. As soon as they started to try and have a social media following/be in the limelight the first thing they should've done is delete any old controversial tweets. For fucks sake, even if I was applying for a job the first thing I'd do would be go through any of my social media that is public and make sure none of it could raise a red flag. How did none of their management see this coming?!

This this 👍

3/01/2018 3:28 pm  #45

Exactly. And the first excuse I was seeing was that they were 16. First off, not everyone writes shit that stupid when they're 16. Secondly, if you actually do the math some of them were only 3 years ago and she was 20. No excuse.

3/01/2018 4:12 pm  #46

3/01/2018 4:48 pm  #47

I honestly can not even understand what is going on with this girl or her blog and don't really care to spend my time precious reading all this mumbo jumbo about what she did or diidn't do or whatever...
All I know is that I think that as soon as Taylor became buddies with her, she started to take on her horrific vocal intonation and mannerisms.  It is then that I checked out. 
I like Stassi (sorry...I do) and when I listen to her podcast and Taylor is on, I cant listen anymore!  Her (Taylor) voice, her laugh, her attitude in general reminds me so much of that annoying GWNJ.  So....Id rather listen to Stassi once a week for free than Taylor ...anymore .  Sorry Tay.  You've just really changed. 

3/01/2018 5:29 pm  #48

Wow!  Shocking but I’m happy to see that the fallout from making racist remarks is similar to sexual misconduct. As someone said above, they should have scrubbed their social media when they began to take off. 

Wow.

3/01/2018 5:43 pm  #49

PrincessPoppy wrote:

I think these girls are likely in an unenviable and unfortunate position. Let’s at least assume two of them have complete opposite ideals from their mother (I think it’s likely they all do, but for arguments sake) -she is still their mother. She gave them life, and at a minimum they are tied together on an unconditional level.

Is it any different than someone who is my mothers age (60ish) disagreeing with her father’s beliefs - his generation fought in three wars and had strong  feelings about Germans, Koreans, Vietnamese and more. NONE of these opinions are correct and appropriate but you can’t stop loving your parents even if they have views that you find appalling.

I need to retract about 99% of this. These girls are assholes. When I looked quickly (too quickly) last night I didn’t see that they had also made recent racist comments.

Taylor should stay far, far away and do some damage control tomorrow.

Last edited by PrincessPoppy (3/01/2018 5:55 pm)

3/01/2018 6:29 pm  #50

PrincessPoppy wrote:

PrincessPoppy wrote:

I think these girls are likely in an unenviable and unfortunate position. Let’s at least assume two of them have complete opposite ideals from their mother (I think it’s likely they all do, but for arguments sake) -she is still their mother. She gave them life, and at a minimum they are tied together on an unconditional level.

Is it any different than someone who is my mothers age (60ish) disagreeing with her father’s beliefs - his generation fought in three wars and had strong  feelings about Germans, Koreans, Vietnamese and more. NONE of these opinions are correct and appropriate but you can’t stop loving your parents even if they have views that you find appalling.

I need to retract about 99% of this. These girls are assholes. When I looked quickly (too quickly) last night I didn’t see that they had also made recent racist comments.

Taylor should stay far, far away and do some damage control tomorrow.

exactly Poppy I did the same when the story first broke it did not mention that they were making the same comments just like their mother I was saying please don’t judge them for who the mother is now judge away bitches !!!!

3/01/2018 6:41 pm  #51

I love when karma smacks people upside the head, it's so satisfying.  

3/01/2018 7:19 pm  #52

Did you see these tweets?

3/01/2018 7:21 pm  #53

So is the Daily Beast saying those are legit?

3/01/2018 7:21 pm  #54

FKCSTMom wrote:

Did you see these tweets?

I find them appalling. Those tears in her apology were crocodile tears.

3/01/2018 7:43 pm  #55

Maybe this cluster will finally make Taylor realize she needs to actually read full news stories before talking about them. Her ignorant chickens are coming home to roost.

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

3/01/2018 7:51 pm  #56

Durst_Burp wrote:

Maybe this cluster will finally make Taylor realize she needs to actually read full news stories before talking about them. Her ignorant chickens are coming home to roost.

Totally.... I was cringing today as she was defending Claudia because I knew she didn't know what I knew (yet- it was too early in the day), and she was gonna have serious egg on her face when she found out. She didn't even know GWNJ's show was cancelled at that point. 

3/01/2018 8:17 pm  #57

She just needed to say “I honestly have no idea what’s happened so am going to refrain from commenting”

3/01/2018 8:18 pm  #58

I hope she’s seriously prepping tonight for tomorrow though. If she handles this wrong, D&R may not take well to it.

3/01/2018 8:45 pm  #59

BBs are ACTUALLY defending this garbage on FB!! I just can't.

3/01/2018 10:28 pm  #60

Taylor is in a tough spot with all of this for sure, I think she really considers Claudia a friend and probably has no idea how to play this going forward. I don't know what I would do. But then, she can't put everyone else on blast all the time (Ryan Seacrest, for example) for reported indiscretions but then not address issues that arise with other people who she actually likes. Not without being hypocritical at least. So I don't envy Tay at all in this situation- she'll almost be damned if she does, and damned if she doesn't when it comes to Claudia. I just hope she won't bring on her on the show- that could be a bad move for a brand new venture that is just getting started and needs new subscribers.....

Board footera