You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/13/2015 8:06 am  #121

Re: Today's Show! (not actually *today*)

And it sounds like tomorrow is a repeat again

8/13/2015 9:59 am  #122

loved hearing the stories between Nicole and Taylor!!!

8/13/2015 10:03 am  #123

Nicole was on in the 1st half hr.

8/13/2015 10:25 am  #124

lydia delainey wrote:

Nicole was on in the 1st half hr.

Thanks!!! 

8/13/2015 9:54 pm  #125

8/17/2015 7:53 am  #126

Great show today!!!! Several LOL moments!!! Just love these two togeather

8/17/2015 7:59 am  #127

Only heard the first few minutes today but just saw a couple of pissed off posts on the Facebook page. I guess Tay said it's gross for a woman to be the main earner in a couple? Oy.

8/17/2015 8:08 am  #128

kbk88 wrote:

Only heard the first few minutes today but just saw a couple of pissed off posts on the Facebook page. I guess Tay said it's gross for a woman to be the main earner in a couple? Oy.

I'm at work and only 1/2 listening, but I think she's talking about both people pulling their weight. A relathionship won't work if one is making all the money, and the other floats along (doesn't look after kids, doesn't look after the house, etc). 

Rewinding to re-listen!

ETA ~ I think that person misunderstood something, I didn't hear anything close to what they said. She said she would totally be ok if she were the bread winner, and her husband supported her emotionally, gave good business advice. etc. 

***The FB Post***
You finally lost me, Taylor. A situation with a woman as the breadwinner is gross? Is this 1955 or 2015???

Last edited by FKFriday (8/17/2015 8:54 am)

8/18/2015 7:45 am  #129

I listened last night just because I was curious about those posts and that convo and yeah, she definitely said it's gross for a woman to be the breadwinner. For all the talk about how divorce has changed her prescpective, that's an awfully dumb thing to say.

I tried to continue listening after that but had to turn it off. I just don't get why Taylor or Sam or anyone else needs to worry about other people's relationships and who makes what money and who stays home or doesn't stay home. Do what you want in your relationship but it's bs to publicly run your mouth about other people's decisions.

I feel like a big part of the reason I'm so over the show is that there is so much judgement and nastiness and then it's "poor me" when people say something negative about her. Grow up and either learn to take it or stop dishing it.

8/18/2015 9:59 am  #130

It is Taylor's job to have opinions and talk about relationships. It's Cosmo Radio. An entire magazine  and show based upon primarily.... relationships. 

She is required to fill up 3 hours a day with conversation. She is encouraged to have strong opinions to start dialogue. She says radical things to get phone calls coming in to disagree with her.

8/18/2015 10:04 am  #131

kbk88 wrote:

I listened last night just because I was curious about those posts and that convo and yeah, she definitely said it's gross for a woman to be the breadwinner. For all the talk about how divorce has changed her prescpective, that's an awfully dumb thing to say.

Was that in the first hour? I didn't listen to that. 

She seemed pretty strongly in favour of it the other way later in the show?

8/18/2015 10:06 am  #132

FKFriday wrote:

kbk88 wrote:

Was that in the first hour? I didn't listen to that. 

She seemed pretty strongly in favour of it the other way later in the show?

2nd hour I think? I listened a little after and then turned it off. She played the audio from the RHOC convo where Vicki freaked out about money in the jewlery store.

8/18/2015 10:08 am  #133

AK wrote:

It is Taylor's job to have opinions and talk about relationships. It's Cosmo Radio. An entire magazine  and show based upon primarily.... relationships. 

She is required to fill up 3 hours a day with conversation. She is encouraged to have strong opinions to start dialogue. She says radical things to get phone calls coming in to disagree with her.

I'd argue that you can have opinions without being rude. If she wants to say things to get people going then she should suck it up when she gets push back on it. To say that you're about empowering women and then turn around and say that it's gross for a woman to be the breadwinner or that a woman shouldn't be president because we're too hormonal is ridiculous.

8/18/2015 12:25 pm  #134

it was 3rd hour. I didn't find it offensive.

8/18/2015 12:34 pm  #135

piopio12 wrote:

it was 3rd hour. I didn't find it offensive.

Do you know about what time? I listened twice to that and don't remeber anything about women not being breadwinners. 

8/18/2015 1:48 pm  #136

I actually do, because the damn app crashed and had to search for it, around the 17 minute mark? She says like the thought of a women being the breadwinner and a man spending her money is gross. I just Invision a business women and a slob man playing video games at home. She then goes on to say stuff about being a stay at home mom and actually caring for a child is ok. But just a stay at home wife is insane.

8/18/2015 1:49 pm  #137

What happened with Rich Davis? I heard on Sam's show with Nicole he made a joke about someone no longer being on the Mashup?  And Tay said she didn't get along with him?

Last edited by piopio12 (8/18/2015 1:50 pm)

8/18/2015 2:21 pm  #138

piopio12 wrote:

I actually do, because the damn app crashed and had to search for it, around the 17 minute mark? She says like the thought of a women being the breadwinner and a man spending her money is gross. I just Invision a business women and a slob man playing video games at home. She then goes on to say stuff about being a stay at home mom and actually caring for a child is ok. But just a stay at home wife is insane.

Thank you!!!

@ 2:23 She says if she was the bread winner she would be ok with her husband if he was helping by giving her good advice, sort of like a manager. 

I give up, I totally never heard her say that and am tired of listening for it lol

8/19/2015 8:41 am  #139

I went back and listened to the last hour of that show and I heard it! Was at 2 hours and 3ish minutes. She was talking about Vicki (housewife) and her interview. Then Tay said these exact words "This is a huge double standard that I have, I feel like when the woman's bringing home the bacon and the guy's out spending it, YUCK. Yuucky yuck yuck. But when a woman's doing it, I don't have a problem with it." Sam: "It's just as gross." Tay: "Nope, for some reason it just isn't for me. don't know why." Then she went on to says something like "woman are more maternal..." What does that have to do with anything?! I usually don't get too worked up about this kind of stuff because to each their own... but... that statement was ridiculous. 

8/19/2015 8:54 am  #140

On_Point wrote:

I went back and listened to the last hour of that show and I heard it! Was at 2 hours and 3ish minutes. She was talking about Vicki (housewife) and her interview. Then Tay said these exact words "This is a huge double standard that I have, I feel like when the woman's bringing home the bacon and the guy's out spending it, YUCK. Yuucky yuck yuck. But when a woman's doing it, I don't have a problem with it." Sam: "It's just as gross." Tay: "Nope, for some reason it just isn't for me. don't know why." Then she went on to says something like "woman are more maternal..." What does that have to do with anything?! I usually don't get too worked up about this kind of stuff because to each their own... but... that statement was ridiculous. 

Yeah, this is what I was talking about. They both said that it's weird for men to be maternal and then she told a story about her friend who makes more money than her husband so he's going to stay home with the kids. Which seemed like a weird thing to share after saying it's gross.

8/19/2015 9:56 am  #141

kbk88 wrote:

On_Point wrote:

Yeah, this is what I was talking about. They both said that it's weird for men to be maternal and then she told a story about her friend who makes more money than her husband so he's going to stay home with the kids. Which seemed like a weird thing to share after saying it's gross.

Exactly! Because she said she thought that dynamic is "cool." No consistency. 

Last edited by On_Point (8/20/2015 8:20 am)

8/19/2015 7:32 pm  #142

On_Point wrote:

kbk88 wrote:

On_Point wrote:

Exactly! Because she said she thought that dynamic is "cool." No consistancy. 

Just like her glaringly obvious inconsistency about paternity leave..... She went on a long ass rant about it because, "why do men need to be home anyway." and now suddenly "Sirius is such a progressive company. Paternity leave is amazing."

8/25/2015 6:17 am  #143

I so hope today's show got better in hours two & three.  I listened to hour one on my commute and right away Taylor ran down a list of topics she wanted to discuss. I thought "Yay!" for two reasons: she prepped for the show AND we hear her quirky humor filled yet sometimes angry take on things. I thought "Finally the show is back on track!"

But no.  Sigh.  Taylor spent the whole first hour discussing her friends getting married at some desert location that she can't be bothered to remember and her weekend vacation stay at a boutique hotel in San Juan. Maybe it's PMS but her narcissism really got to be this morning. I felt "Angry in the Shower" irritated.

Stefanie tried to steer her back with no luck. Sadly I don't think Kenny's return will help. He won't get to talk about his paternity leave experience or Baby Duke. His comedy shows will only be mentioned because Taylor hijacks them for her own interests.

I actually switched over to EW radio a couple times and Dalton Ross' voice is like nails on a chalkboard!

PS Taylor, please stop eating into the mic, smacking your lips and making that "Pffftt" sound. Just as bad as tooth sucking.

I love this show so please don't bash me for my opinion. I am genuinely sad that it has become so entitled Taylor centric rather than the fun it used to be.  We need the old Taylor and Kenny team back!

8/25/2015 6:56 am  #144

I haven't listened to today's show, but that lip smacking and throat clearing lately...I can't even.

Ding da ding ding ding da ding da ding.

8/25/2015 8:02 am  #145

No wonder Taylor is so obsessed with money. The couple she was talking about who is getting married, the bride is Andi Potamkin whose grandfather was a billionaire. This is his home: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erincarlyle/2015/05/14/a-67-million-property-in-miami-dade-with-large-animal-art/

Last edited by Husbandpillow (8/25/2015 8:04 am)

8/25/2015 8:07 am  #146

AndI didn't make her obsessed with money. No one did that except herself. Someone on here said they found it difficult to be friends with people outside of their socioeconomic bracket and I thought that was very honest and introspective. Pergaps that is something Tay needs to be honest with herself about too if it effects her so greatly and we all see it goes.  Having said that I thought her friend from college L, that she was out the shower for was the one getting married.

Last edited by Getmommieouttathabox (8/25/2015 8:10 am)

8/25/2015 8:13 am  #147

Her college friend is also getting married, but this morning she was talking about Jordan and Andi. I'm not saying at all that Andi made her obsessed with money. I'm saying that by surrounding herself with people who live so stratospherically above her means that she's never going to feel like what she has is enough. That's just my opinion of course.

8/25/2015 8:19 am  #148

Husbandpillow wrote:

Her college friend is also getting married, but this morning she was talking about Jordan and Andi. I'm not saying at all that Andi made her obsessed with money. I'm saying that by surrounding herself with people who live so stratospherically above her means that she's never going to feel like what she has is enough. That's just my opinion of course.

Agreed.  However, they are friends...? BUT she doesn't even know how old she is!?!???!
She's your friend and you don't know her age.  That my friends is very telling.  I guess we are back to the social climbing T. ...

8/25/2015 8:20 am  #149

Yes I agree. I didn't listen to today's show but that is what I was getting at as well.

8/25/2015 8:20 am  #150

Husband and the box - that is a good point! It is hard to say no all the time because you can't afford something, especially if she has some settlement money in the bank.

Board footera