You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/26/2019 8:56 am  #31

Re: Cohost Discussion

FKFriday wrote:

Did anyone listen to Robs show yesterday? Him & Donny talking about Taylor coming on his to do a prerecord and they had to scrap a bunch of it because it was so bad?

I was listening yesterday but didnt hear all of it and missed that, damn! I did hear Rob shade Taylor and say something like "We always have fresh content, I don't repeat stories over and over" and Donny just chuckled in the background LOL

3/26/2019 8:56 am  #32

It must be frustrating to work with someone who doesn't respond to work emails, does no show prep and completely lacks any work ethic or sense of professionalism.

3/26/2019 9:02 am  #33

At this point, Taylor has to be purposely ignoring the continual issues that people have with the show. Even her cohosts notice and make comments and she still doesn't fix it.

3/26/2019 9:17 am  #34

Robs words "She came in with her big dick swinging to my show, Donny was so put off he cut it all out!"

3/26/2019 9:18 am  #35

HeatherW wrote:

At this point, Taylor has to be purposely ignoring the continual issues that people have with the show. Even her cohosts notice and make comments and she still doesn't fix it.

100% she sits back and laughs that everyone is still paying for her to retell the same three stories every day and will fight to the death to protect her over it!!! Why should she change, the majority love that they can finish their BFFs stories lol

3/26/2019 10:12 am  #36

If anyone hasn’t seen Hannah’s grandma’s IG, it’s really something. She’s not a regular grandma, she’s a sexy grandma. @nanastillgotit

Last edited by Durst_Burp (3/26/2019 10:12 am)

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

3/26/2019 11:06 am  #37

Puh LEEEEZE spill deets for those of us who unsubscribes 😂

3/26/2019 11:54 am  #38

FKFriday wrote:

Robs words "She came in with her big dick swinging to my show, Donny was so put off he cut it all out!"

God I love Rob- literally the only one with enough balls to truly call her out on her bullshit

Life's a bitch...and so am I.

3/26/2019 1:00 pm  #39

FKFriday wrote:

Did anyone listen to Robs show yesterday? Him & Donny talking about Taylor coming on his to do a prerecord and they had to scrap a bunch of it because it was so bad?

Wait. What? More details!

3/26/2019 1:02 pm  #40

When I Was Rich wrote:

goldrolex wrote:

any listeners of rob's show here? i keep trying it, but i just cannot get into it. there's a ton of people especially on the twist FB page that are obsessed with it and i cant see why. i can barely make it through the hour - do i need to keep trying or do others feel this way? i like rob on taylor's show, but i can't get into his. 

I Admin the "Twist FB Page" and I am a new subscriber to Rob's show. I have been a fan of his for a long time and am definitely disenchanted with Taylor's show so decided to give Rob a try. I love it ~ flows nicely ~ he obviously prepares for the show and I just think he is funny.  Nice change from The Taylor Strecker Show.

Last edited by Natalya07 (3/27/2019 9:30 am)

3/26/2019 1:43 pm  #41

ChanelBag wrote:

FKFriday wrote:

Wait. What? More details!

He said she came in before Christmas to do a prerecord, Donny didn't know who she was yet. I guess she was trying to run the show instead of being a guest and Donny was having none of it. Cut a bunch, or all of it out it was so bad. 

3/26/2019 1:51 pm  #42

Ahh! I'm so confused.  Didn't Donny and Taylor work together at Sirius?

3/26/2019 2:13 pm  #43

I thought so as well, but maybe just both there, never together??

3/26/2019 2:24 pm  #44

FKFriday wrote:

I know he worked at Sirius but I don't think he and Taylor ever worked directly together. I can't remember the show he worked on but I think it was either on OutQ or something on Stars that got cancelled.

3/26/2019 8:03 pm  #45

I really liked the Donny and Joey show. I don’t know that him being the producer has changed her show for the better, other than that the sound quality is better in the days he’s Hmong. She’s still I’ll prepared and scattered with repeat stories.

3/26/2019 10:28 pm  #46

I guess there's only so much a producer can do when someone just won't listen.

3/27/2019 7:57 am  #47

HeatherW wrote:

For sure- you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. She is stubborn.

3/27/2019 9:46 am  #48

Hawr-rible wrote:

HeatherW wrote:

For sure- you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. She is stubborn.

She isn't stubborn, she is L.A.Z.Y

3/27/2019 9:54 am  #49

Durst_Burp wrote:

FKFriday wrote:

I know he worked at Sirius but I don't think he and Taylor ever worked directly together. I can't remember the show he worked on but I think it was either on OutQ or something on Stars that got cancelled.

Donny worked on Derek & Romaine for years.  It seems like the daytime and nighttime people rarely crossed paths.

3/27/2019 10:15 am  #50

PRECISELY wrote:

Hawr-rible wrote:

HeatherW wrote:

She isn't stubborn, she is L.A.Z.Y

Fair point.

3/27/2019 10:20 am  #51

I appreciated that not only did Donny call out Taylor several times on yesterday's show, but also he basically led the show rather than her, telling her what segment were going to happen and when his segment would start. He has a talent for producing and hosting.

3/27/2019 3:21 pm  #52

Ummm...I just heard on Rob’s show that Paris Hilton is going to be on RHOBH?! I am so here for this train wreck.

3/27/2019 4:05 pm  #53

Durst_Burp wrote:

Ummm...I just heard on Rob’s show that Paris Hilton is going to be on RHOBH?! I am so here for this train wreck.

Durst - read this article - I am so here for it too. Surprised her Mom would be okay with considering her current relationship with Kyle, but who knooowsssss

https://www.inquisitr.com/5353060/paris-hilton-wants-to-join-aunt-kyle-richards-on-the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-per-radar/

3/27/2019 4:18 pm  #54

goldrolex wrote:

Durst_Burp wrote:

Durst - read this article - I am so here for it too. Surprised her Mom would be okay with considering her current relationship with Kyle, but who knooowsssss

https://www.inquisitr.com/5353060/paris-hilton-wants-to-join-aunt-kyle-richards-on-the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-per-radar/

Omg I NEED this to happen. I want to see Paris in a fight with LVP and just be like “that’s hot” and walk away 😂

3/28/2019 2:52 pm  #55

I love Donny! He seems so genuine and he offers great dialogue regardless of what show he is on. Additionally I love that he’s willing to get vulnerable when hard discussions or topics are had. He deserves so much success.

My opinion on robs show:
It’s incredible that he’s not the professional broadcaster with a decade of experience. His show is a tight, well-produced hour complete with segments and stagers. He also has incredible co-hosts who really add to the show. My favorite part is the last 5 minutes of the show where he gives words of wisdom. He inspires me in the 5 minutes so much more than carin does on any of her segments on TSS

My only critique is I would love for him to share a little more about his life with his husband or these parties he attends.

3/28/2019 3:05 pm  #56

SoftPretzels wrote:

I love Donny! He seems so genuine and he offers great dialogue regardless of what show he is on. Additionally I love that he’s willing to get vulnerable when hard discussions or topics are had. He deserves so much success.

My opinion on robs show:
It’s incredible that he’s not the professional broadcaster with a decade of experience. His show is a tight, well-produced hour complete with segments and stagers. He also has incredible co-hosts who really add to the show. My favorite part is the last 5 minutes of the show where he gives words of wisdom. He inspires me in the 5 minutes so much more than carin does on any of her segments on TSS

My only critique is I would love for him to share a little more about his life with his husband or these parties he attends.

Agree with all of the above. I’ve said before I’m a big fan of Rob but not as much celeb gossip anymore, but I’ve listened to a few more of his shows (including the one with Donny) recently and I really enjoyed them. And I wouldn’t have known about Paris coming to RHOBH without his show, so I’ll give him that! He and Donny are so great together, I’d love them to have a show together all the time. As of this morning, I’ve got a vacancy in my podcast rotation that needs to be filled 😂

Donny is growing on me too. He’s got lots of interesting life experience to share.

3/28/2019 3:10 pm  #57

SoftPretzels wrote:

My opinion on robs show:

Agree with all of this, Donny is just one of those killer genuine people! I really enjoy his take on stuff!

Robs show has become a fave, I listen the next morning while I'm getting ready for work. Its light, fun, love the listener involvement and his guests are interesting. I laughed when he had Brita Filter on discussing Jennifer Lawrence & Adele being at her show. They Taylor discussed it three days later and no idea what had actually happened lol

3/28/2019 3:43 pm  #58

Durst_Burp wrote:

SoftPretzels wrote:

My opinion on robs show:

Agree with all of the above. I’ve said before I’m a big fan of Rob but not as much celeb gossip anymore, but I’ve listened to a few more of his shows (including the one with Donny) recently and I really enjoyed them. And I wouldn’t have known about Paris coming to RHOBH without his show, so I’ll give him that! He and Donny are so great together, I’d love them to have a show together all the time. As of this morning, I’ve got a vacancy in my podcast rotation that needs to be filled 😂

Donny is growing on me too. He’s got lots of interesting life experience to share.

Agree on this too. Even if I don't always love celeb gossip, I keep listening to Rob's show because you can tell he works hard for it and prepares EVERY DAY (cough cough) and involves listeners and like someone else said, I love the last 5 minutes of wisdom. I originally posted about not being into it, but I think that's more because of the celeb stuff. his inspirational stuff is more than enough to keep me going now.

I also wish he would share more about his own life, but i do remember him saying he purposely chooses not to because he knows he lives a great life and is VERY lucky and he doesn't want to come off braggy and he remembers how hard it is to be struggling and to listen to people who dont have to worry about money and such. I'm paraphrasing, but that was the jist. I already respected him, but that really struck a chord with me. 

3/31/2019 6:33 pm  #59

Catching up on Rob’s Friday show- apparently he emailed Kenny offering to give him a free promo on his website that gets ~1M views, but Kenny never responded. I guess he doesn’t really want the show to grow after all. 🤷🏼‍♀️

3/31/2019 8:46 pm  #60

I always got the feeling this is just a hobby now. It can’t bring in that much income for his family, so  I’m sure it’s nice to have the extra money. Seems Chelsea does well for the family.

Board footera