You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2019 8:22 am  #1

Life Tips!

I thought we did this before, but I can't find it. I love peoples little tricks to every day things to just make life easier!!

I've found those round plastic take out containers are the best for starting seeds early. With the clear plastic lid they make their own little green house in a sunny spot and should be good and ready to go in the ground once it warms up enough. 

The trick to dry shampoo is to put it in when your hair is still damp to keep it from getting oily. Its just gross if you use it after. 

If you're eating low sugar/carbs....sugar free cool whip mixed with peanut butter powder (or real peanut butter) is amazing. If you freeze it its like ice cream!

4/25/2019 9:26 am  #2

Re: Life Tips!

After accidentally crushing pieces of broken black eyeshadow in to my freshly cleaned white carpet last weekend   I googled and discovered a miracle. Shaving cream took it right out!

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

4/25/2019 10:23 am  #3

Really? I have an oil stain on my carpet from coconut oil, wonder if they would work?

4/25/2019 10:40 am  #4

Durst_Burp wrote:

After accidentally crushing pieces of broken black eyeshadow in to my freshly cleaned white carpet last weekend   I googled and discovered a miracle. Shaving cream took it right out!

Durst I think you gave the tip on the original thread about the cat spray? I tried it and it truly was the only thing that worked! 

4/25/2019 10:45 am  #5

Ican'teveeeen wrote:

Durst_Burp wrote:

Durst I think you gave the tip on the original thread about the cat spray? I tried it and it truly was the only thing that worked! 

Haha I forgot- was that the stop chewing spray?

4/25/2019 10:55 am  #6

FKFriday wrote:

Really? I have an oil stain on my carpet from coconut oil, wonder if they would work?

Yep! Totally gone. I even tried it on another mystery spot and that came out too. I would think it can’t hurt to try. But make sure you get actual cream, not gel. I just got a cheap can from the dollar store.

4/25/2019 10:57 am  #7

Durst_Burp wrote:

Ican'teveeeen wrote:

Durst_Burp wrote:

It was for smell LOL . My daughter took in a pregnant stray (much to our surprise) and it has come in handy! 

4/25/2019 11:03 am  #8

Ican'teveeeen wrote:

Durst_Burp wrote:

Ican'teveeeen wrote:

It was for smell LOL . My daughter took in a pregnant stray (much to our surprise) and it has come in handy! 

Ohhhh the Zero Odor stuff! Yeah that stuff is Magic! Glad it worked for you. 😀

4/25/2019 11:27 am  #9

I don't know how much of a life tip this is, but I recently got a bunch of OXO air tight containers for organizing my pantry. They are expensive but completely worth it. I feel so organized and put together with them. 

4/25/2019 12:08 pm  #10

Durst_Burp wrote:

Ican'teveeeen wrote:

Durst_Burp wrote:

Ohhhh the Zero Odor stuff! Yeah that stuff is Magic! Glad it worked for you. 😀

I bought this too after your recommendation and it's the best!  So much cheaper than all the pet store stuff too.

4/25/2019 4:00 pm  #11

On_Point wrote:

I don't know how much of a life tip this is, but I recently got a bunch of OXO air tight containers for organizing my pantry. They are expensive but completely worth it. I feel so organized and put together with them. 

I bought square glass cannisters to keep everything in, coffee/tea/baking stuff/snacks, I love them! Takes up so much less room the random containers/bags, easy to see when I'm running low and just looks pretty when you open the cupboard!

4/25/2019 4:16 pm  #12

FKFriday wrote:

On_Point wrote:

I bought square glass cannisters to keep everything in, coffee/tea/baking stuff/snacks, I love them! Takes up so much less room the random containers/bags, easy to see when I'm running low and just looks pretty when you open the cupboard!

Yes!  My two year old can't be trusted with glass otherwise I would have opted for those. LOL

4/26/2019 5:45 pm  #13

I just did it so thought I’d share- if you’re making boxed Mac n cheese but you’re out of milk, you can stir in either cream cheese or sour cream instead. I just eyeball it, but probably use about 3 tablespoons and a little extra butter. It’s so good I actually prefer it that way now.

4/29/2019 3:40 pm  #14

FKFriday wrote:

Have you tried to pull it up with baking powder? Otherwise you could try dawn dish soap.

5/01/2019 8:10 am  #15

Durst_Burp wrote:

I just did it so thought I’d share- if you’re making boxed Mac n cheese but you’re out of milk, you can stir in either cream cheese or sour cream instead. I just eyeball it, but probably use about 3 tablespoons and a little extra butter. It’s so good I actually prefer it that way now.

Ummmmm....YUM!!! I’m all over that!

5/01/2019 11:52 am  #16

IUsedToLurk wrote:

FKFriday wrote:

Have you tried to pull it up with baking powder? Otherwise you could try dawn dish soap.

I second the powder! For oil spots (even on clothes), you can use baking powder, corn starch, or flour to absorb as much of the oil as possible. After like 6 hours or so, apply pressure to it to absorb any last bit. Dust off the powder, then use Dawn/Dawn & water to get the last of the oil. It has worked for me most times.

Last edited by Jack&Coke (5/01/2019 11:53 am)

5/01/2019 12:01 pm  #17

Thanks ladies...gonna try that...will report back!

For the shiniest faucet handles.....use a coffee filter!!!

Also, for those who don't like breakfast but drink coffee. I make a pot of coffee, mix in a little (maybe 1/2 cup?) powdered creamer and keep in a jug in the fridge. In the morning I mix that with a scoop of chocolate protein powder in a little blender, add a splash of coconut/almond milk. Tastes like something from Starbucks and quick if I don't want to sit down to eat. 

7/02/2019 11:58 am  #18

Here's a life tip for ya'll - the word is frustrated, not frustrated or even worse FLUSTRATED. Yes, I just talked to a co-worker that says flustrated, with an l. I can't guys. I can't. 

7/02/2019 1:39 pm  #19

On_Point wrote:

Here's a life tip for ya'll - the word is frustrated, not frustrated or even worse FLUSTRATED. Yes, I just talked to a co-worker that says flustrated, with an l. I can't guys. I can't. 

These types of things make me insane!  I have friend who always says "supposavly" and I want to punch her in the face every time.  I'm used to people saying "supposably" which is almost as annoying, but so common I've learned to (almost) accept it.

7/02/2019 1:58 pm  #20

Self-aware wrote:

On_Point wrote:

These types of things make me insane!  I have friend who always says "supposavly" and I want to punch her in the face every time.  I'm used to people saying "supposably" which is almost as annoying, but so common I've learned to (almost) accept it.

Can you please be more pacific?

All of these make me want to throat punch people.

7/02/2019 2:26 pm  #21

It's not FLustrated but it's also definitely not FUSStrated. Those drive me equally batty.

8/17/2019 4:52 am  #22

excellent forum.
thanks

8/22/2019 9:43 pm  #23

How about a certain show host who still says “nuculear” and her Tuesday co-host who says “all the sudden” 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

8/26/2019 2:52 pm  #24

I hate "nu-cu-lear"!! It adds a letter and syllable that is not even there!

Board footera