You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2016 6:24 pm  #1

Advice?

Hey ladies, I am going through an awful time right now, and am hoping to get any advice I can get--

A couple months ago my boyfriend and I broke up.. he was absolutely the love of my life so far. Mostly I've been doing okay- keeping busy, seeing friends, etc, but lately the sadness and feelings of missing him has gotten to be almost unbearable. I haven't stopped crying for hours. We broke up once before for about a year, and were dating for about a year and a half this time. I never fell out of love with him and was the happiest girl in the world when we got back together. 

Today I moved back up to school (~1 hour 15 from my hometown), and I don't know anyone here. I cannot believe this is happening again and I just don't know what to do.

9/09/2016 7:39 am  #2

Re: Advice?

Awww, so sorry about the break up

Is there anything you're interested in at school? Clubs, sports, organizations? Those are easy ways to meet people as you all have a similar interest. Good luck....it will get easier, I swear!

9/09/2016 9:39 am  #3

sorry you are dealing with this!! where do you live? maybe by chance someone on here is close and y'all can get together and drink secco?

y'all got back together once, is it something like your completely done because he did XYZ, or more like a Stassi Patrick thing where you just aren't compatible but love each other?

1/31/2017 6:08 am  #4

Hi, Secco.
I never knew these threads existed until I was clicking around one day.
This was posted a few months ago, so I truly hope that you feel better.
I went through a bad break up and know that the only thing that will make you feel better is time. Each day you'll wake up feeling a little better, until one day, you'll realize you are better without him.
I can also say that no matter who initiated the break up, the person who ended it is sad too. Losing someone is almost like a death because you need time to mourn, and figure out your new normal without them.
I can also say that something that has helped me in the past is believing everything happens for a reason, and trying to figure out what those reasons are.
I was in a bad relationship for far too long and kept asking myself why I stayed, and came up with a few reasons that comforted me. And from then on, each person that comes into my life now has a purpose, and it has brought me to where I am now.
I admit, being the "everything happens for a reason" girl is kind of annoying, but it has gotten me through some darkness.
I hope that being at school, with new people and new scenery has made you slowly forget about him. I promise that when you look back at your relationship, with fresh eyes, you might see things you didn't before.

Last edited by BathiesTime (1/31/2017 6:10 am)

2/19/2024 5:47 am  #5

How has being at school, surrounded by new people and new scenery, influenced your perspective on the breakup, and have you noticed any positive changes in your outlook over time? 

2/22/2024 5:41 am  #6

As a certified dietitian, I am here to answer any questions you may have regarding nutrition, diet, and overall health. Whether you are looking for advice on weight loss, meal planning, or dietary restrictions, feel free to ask me anything! Let's start a conversation about how we can prioritize our health and well-being through proper nutrition. Remember, the key to a healthy lifestyle is making sustainable and realistic changes that work for you. So, what burning questions do you have for me today?

3/06/2024 8:10 am  #7

How has your perspective on the breakup evolved since being at school, surrounded by new people and new scenery, and have you observed any positive changes in your outlook over time?  

4/21/2024 5:40 am  #8

nice

Board footera