You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/11/2018 8:03 am  #1

True Crime Junkies

For all of you who are true crime junkies, I ran across this today (in case you want to watch!):

https://www.bustle.com/p/has-crystal-rogers-been-found-oxygens-new-true-crime-series-presents-new-evidence-in-ongoing-case-9996293

I’m not big into podcasts or TV shows like that, but for some reason, I like the news articles on them. Enjoy!

8/11/2018 5:59 pm  #2

Re: True Crime Junkies

Thank you!

6/20/2019 9:55 am  #3

Did anyone listen to the Bear Brook podcast? It blew my mind. There was recently a big break in the case, victims identified. I don't want to spoil anything, but there are a few murders that are all tied together with this case, and I had heard of them each individually, but can't believe they're all tied together. (I don't research crimes after hearing about them in podcasts so maybe others won't be as surprised.) I am sure other crime junkies would have the same experience as I did when listening, knowing about the individual cases and it all coming together. 

6/20/2019 10:26 am  #4

On_Point wrote:

Did anyone listen to the Bear Brook podcast? It blew my mind. There was recently a big break in the case, victims identified. I don't want to spoil anything, but there are a few murders that are all tied together with this case, and I had heard of them each individually, but can't believe they're all tied together. (I don't research crimes after hearing about them in podcasts so maybe others won't be as surprised.) I am sure other crime junkies would have the same experience as I did when listening, knowing about the individual cases and it all coming together. 

Nope but I have a long drive tonight so I'll listen and report back!

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.🌴

6/20/2019 5:46 pm  #5

Oh thanks...that sounds good!

6/25/2019 10:16 am  #6

So I'm almost finished with Bear Brook, its really good!

I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on recreational DNA testing. I get a little tinfoil hatt-y about it and am generally inclined to say I won't do it. This podcast almost had me convinced to do it because of how much a good DNA network can help with crime solving, I have nothing to hide and would like to help if it was ever needed, but then the host went on to talk about how we don't know where this is going to go in the future because there aren't currently many rules about the use of DNA data and I got all freaked out again.

6/25/2019 10:41 am  #7

Durst_Burp wrote:

I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on recreational DNA testing. I get a little tinfoil hatt-y about it and am generally inclined to say I won't do it. This podcast almost had me convinced to do it because of how much a good DNA network can help with crime solving, I have nothing to hide and would like to help if it was ever needed, but then the host went on to talk about how we don't know where this is going to go in the future because there aren't currently many rules about the use of DNA data and I got all freaked out again.

I'm right there with you. I do question the future of DNA testing and where it could go. But if I only think in the here and now, I want to do it so bad. My dad was adopted, and I am so curious about his biological family. I just want to know who they are, not necessarily the why. Are they healthy, are they thriving, are they even alive? Do I have aunts, uncles, cousins? My dad wants now part in it, even though his (adoptive) mom and dad are both gone. He said I can do it but can't tell him the results. I wouldn't want to hurt him, so I haven't done it yet. 

6/25/2019 11:41 am  #8

On_Point wrote:

Durst_Burp wrote:

I'm right there with you. I do question the future of DNA testing and where it could go. But if I only think in the here and now, I want to do it so bad. My dad was adopted, and I am so curious about his biological family. I just want to know who they are, not necessarily the why. Are they healthy, are they thriving, are they even alive? Do I have aunts, uncles, cousins? My dad wants now part in it, even though his (adoptive) mom and dad are both gone. He said I can do it but can't tell him the results. I wouldn't want to hurt him, so I haven't done it yet. 

Could you find out that info without submitting DNA, like on Ancestry.com? I used Ancestry last year and it works similarly to the DNA matching in that if I add a relative to my tree, it will show me anyone else who also has that person in their tree.

6/25/2019 12:00 pm  #9

Durst_Burp wrote:

On_Point wrote:

Durst_Burp wrote:

Could you find out that info without submitting DNA, like on Ancestry.com? I used Ancestry last year and it works similarly to the DNA matching in that if I add a relative to my tree, it will show me anyone else who also has that person in their tree.

No, it was all closed so we don't even have a first or last name. My aunt has tried to find her bio family, but was basically told her only option is DNA testing. Though, she thinks she saw a last name on some paper work on a lawyers desk. So far searches with that name haven't produced anything, but she hasn't been trying very long. 

4/11/2024 6:07 am  #10

Oh thanks

4/11/2024 2:55 pm  #11

Hi!

4/12/2024 8:05 am  #12

great

4/12/2024 8:58 am  #13

nice