You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/16/2018 9:36 pm  #91

Re: Life Hacks!

You will need some of that with all the yam shrinking that may be going on around here šŸ¤”

Bringer Of memes, shenanigans, Tom foolery, and hoe saving

1/16/2018 9:42 pm  #92

yam shrinking šŸ˜‚

I might be from the Sunshine State, but I can still be a little shady.šŸŒ“

1/17/2018 8:59 am  #93

If y'all want a good laugh (or shopping if that's what you're into) join the Ali sex toys page....its amazing!!!! Some of the stuff that's posted blows my mind, then the requests....

1/17/2018 9:19 am  #94

1/17/2018 1:27 pm  #95

FKFriday wrote:

If y'all want a good laugh (or shopping if that's what you're into) join the Ali sex toys page....its amazing!!!! Some of the stuff that's posted blows my mind, then the requests....

Ā 
DEAD!  You gals are looking at some shady shit. Lol

1/17/2018 1:28 pm  #96

PrincessPoppy wrote:

Ā 
ā€œLike a scared little turtleā€ šŸ˜¹šŸ˜¹šŸ˜¹šŸ˜¹

1/23/2018 10:48 pm  #97

Cookie hack.....take them out of the oven just before you think theyā€™re done. They will finish on the pan and stay chewy.

1/24/2018 1:04 pm  #98

FKFriday wrote:

Cookie hack.....take them out of the oven just before you think theyā€™re done. They will finish on the pan and stay chewy.

Subbing some white sugar out for brown sugar works too! šŸ˜‹

1/24/2018 1:07 pm  #99

secco wrote:

FKFriday wrote:

Subbing some white sugar out for brown sugar works too! šŸ˜‹

I'm going to try both of these - I love soft cookies.
Ā 

1/25/2018 11:35 am  #100

PrincessPoppy wrote:

Durst_Burp wrote:

Anyone who wants links/more details on the bags and stuff send me a PM on here and we'll chat on FB messenger.

The link FKF shared is to the main group, but I think the admins have been a little more selective with who they let in lately because there have been some issues. You might have better luck with one of us adding you to the group as a "reference".

Yes, Born Pretty is the name of the shop. Here's the link actually - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1814259?spm=2114.10010108.100005.2.480e82c1W9D9RO

Keep an eye out for coupons! They'll be somewhere near the price of the item - most stores have like $1/$2 off a purchase of ~$15-20.

A Chanel is next on my bag hit list. They've got those too! If you know a lot about them I might need to pick your brain/show you the pics - I don't have a real one to compare to and I want to make sure it looks good before I order one.

Ā 
I need to know about allllllll of this. Iā€™m a handbag whore, and love a deal on almost anything else.

Ā 

I feel dumb that I canā€™t figure this out. When I click on the link, all I see is nail stuff.

1/25/2018 11:56 am  #101

Thank link is for nail stuff.

1/25/2018 12:15 pm  #102

piopio12 wrote:

Thank link is for nail stuff.

Ā 
Thatā€™s what I see, too. But I thought from the surrounding text it was where everyone was getting the good stuff on aliexpress.

1/26/2018 8:54 pm  #103

WhereIsVictoria wrote:

Oh, there is a group in Facebook that shares links to cool stuff on aliexpress! You need to request to join... the link is on page 1 or 2 of this thread I think.

Ā 
That link is what took me to all the nail stuff. Can some one dm me a link, please?

1/27/2018 10:29 am  #104

My friend just asked for money saving tips on Facebook, so I wrote this out. Thought you all might find it helpful too (more Ali money!!!).

For online shopping I use ebates (basically rebates and you get a check once a quarter. Add the browser extension!), Honey (a browser extension that adds the best coupon codes to your order) and Paribus (which identifies if an item has gone down in price while in the price change period then writes out an email and gives you the link you can use to put in a price change claim. I ended up getting a $200 motojacket for $40 with this app!).

I also used Qapital as a savings tool (which I learned about from a caller on WUWT!). You can set rules and it deposits money from your bank account into a Qapital "savings account." I have rules like every time I made an Amazon purchase, $20 gets put into my savings. I also have round ups on my debit card and every time my favorite hockey team scores a goal, $1 goes into my savings. It's small amounts, but it definitely starts to add up. My friend signed up too and she found herself saving $300 extra a month without even thinking about it. It's really easy to transfer money between your Qapital account and your bank account.

If you sign up for anything, please use my links I've done a ton of research on each of these and found they took proper safety measures to protect me and my money! But obviously do your own research too!

Ebates: https://www.ebates.com/r/MARCHI71?eeid=28187
Honey: http://joinhoney.com/ref/dxpfqp
Qapital: https://get.qapital.com/bzAc/XqYefkIRWJ

Last edited by No1WiderFan (1/27/2018 10:30 am)

1/27/2018 10:31 am  #105

Love Honey!!!!! I use it all the time!

1/27/2018 10:38 am  #106

Honey is so great!

1/27/2018 12:21 pm  #107

Durst_Burp wrote:

Can't think of anything at the moment - but your nail polish trick should work. Oils are why your finger nail polish chips faster thanĀ the polish on your toesĀ - its because you're always scratching your face and other oily places with your fingers. I started doing my own UV gel nails last year and one of the steps is to paint your nails with this stuff that seems to be like alcohol/nail polish remover to dry them out/get the oils off, makes sense to do it for regular polish too, I just never thought about it!

Alright, that reminded me so maybe I do have a hack. Do your own gel polish at home (its really easy!), and buy the light/supplies on AliExpress. I gotĀ everything I needed including about a dozen colors for $30- I would spend at least that on one manicure at a salon.

AliExpress is probably the best life hack ever, buy all your shit there. There's a lot to say about it, so if anyone is interested we should probably start a separate thread. FKF knows all about it too.

Ā 
What kind of light did you buy??can you please share a link or idea of what type of lamp? Also how do you remove the polish when you do gel at home without the tools the salon has?

3/09/2018 9:16 am  #108

So Iā€™ve been wiping my nails with nail polish remover before painting the last few weeks and I do think it lasts longer, definitely arenā€™t any worse!

3/10/2018 10:24 pm  #109

No1WiderFan wrote:

My friend just asked for money saving tips on Facebook, so I wrote this out. Thought you all might find it helpful too (more Ali money!!!).

For online shopping I use ebates (basically rebates and you get a check once a quarter. Add the browser extension!), Honey (a browser extension that adds the best coupon codes to your order) and Paribus (which identifies if an item has gone down in price while in the price change period then writes out an email and gives you the link you can use to put in a price change claim. I ended up getting a $200 motojacket for $40 with this app!).

I also used Qapital as a savings tool (which I learned about from a caller on WUWT!). You can set rules and it deposits money from your bank account into a Qapital "savings account." I have rules like every time I made an Amazon purchase, $20 gets put into my savings. I also have round ups on my debit card and every time my favorite hockey team scores a goal, $1 goes into my savings. It's small amounts, but it definitely starts to add up. My friend signed up too and she found herself saving $300 extra a month without even thinking about it. It's really easy to transfer money between your Qapital account and your bank account.

If you sign up for anything, please use my links I've done a ton of research on each of these and found they took proper safety measures to protect me and my money! But obviously do your own research too!

Ā 
I wish there was a way to use paribus without allowing access to your emails! I understand why, but i just canā€™t do it!

3/10/2018 11:41 pm  #110

No1WiderFan wrote:

Ā 
I signed up for Honey thanks to you and Iā€™ve already saved so much!! I love how it automatically scans for me before I finish my purchase and I donā€™t have to remember to do it. Thanks for telling us about it!!

3/13/2018 7:57 pm  #111

Small victory tonight resulting in a new life hack. If you have a key that says ā€œdo not copyā€ you can take it to a KeyMe kiosk in Bed Bath & Beyond and get it copied anyway. Our HOA president is being a dick about giving people the new pool key, which says donā€™t copy, and I was determined to find a way. Bonus, check out their app- you can order a new key from the app! Like you never have to go to the store, jus take a picture of your key. Wild! The app will also store the scan of your key so if you ever lose it you can order another one. Pretty cheap too- I got 3/$10 including shipping. šŸ‘šŸ»

Last edited by Durst_Burp (3/13/2018 8:02 pm)

3/13/2018 9:24 pm  #112

Nice DB!!

Question for you pet peeps: my adorable grand dog lived with me during hurricane season last fall and I have a ton of his hair in the back of my SUV now. Any tricks to get it off/out? Iā€™ve tried super vacuuming. TIA

3/13/2018 9:47 pm  #113

Wet rubber glove, like a dishwashing globe. Run it over that hair and should pick it all up.

3/13/2018 10:53 pm  #114

FKFā€™s suggestion should work. Otherwise maybe try a regular sticky lint roller or maybe one of those lint remover things, theyā€™re oval shaped with a velvety fabric on them? Lol or just take it to a detail place and let them figure it out. šŸ˜‹

Wonā€™t help with the hair, but another pet related tip- this is the only thing Iā€™ve found that will get rid of cat pee smell. Works like a charm.

https://m.bedbathandbeyond.com/m/s/zero-odor?isfromSearchBox=true&ml=v2

4/16/2024 5:44 am  #115

its Cool

4/19/2024 4:19 am  #116

Plus 1

4/26/2024 3:44 pm  #117

Yesterday 3:24 am  #118