You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2018 10:28 am  #1

Who’s in?

Many of us have noticed a change in Taylor’s demeanor over the last few weeks. Contrary to popular belief (cough TS Nation bunny boilers cough), I’m wondering if subscription numbers are changing?

ETA - if you have cancelled (or are contemplating), why? This is just a listeners curiosity.

Last edited by PrincessPoppy (3/31/2018 11:48 am)

What’s your subscription status?

3/31/2018 11:27 am  #2

Re: Who’s in?

I had listened since 2007 and just canceled last month. I used to listen all day at a desk job...I was one of those who would listen for 4 hours and then listen to the replay. My job has changed so I don’t have the time to listen all day. I have kids now and I can’t listen while they are around, so that cuts off most of my time In the car. There are so many other options for content that I just listen to those instead. She isn’t providing new content. I am well versed in the life and times of Taylor Strecker. I follow here and it doesn’t sound like I have missed anything. I am also annoyed at Taylor for not hustling more and promoting her show on social media and other outlets. It just seems like she doesn’t really care. My husband and I (and most people we know) work so hard to further our careers. It’s mind boggling to me that she has an enormous platform and following and doesn’t do anything with it. So I am done. I am not opposed to subscribing and am willing to pay for her content. I think she is really talented, she has just lost her appeal for me.

3/31/2018 3:56 pm  #3

I've been listening for so long, and even though I'm  frustrated with the repetition and the way Taylor behaves a lot of the time, I find myself incapable of cancelling. Idk why, it's so nostalgic for me, and has been such a part of my life. I guess I just would feel that I was missing something. Some days I do still really enjoy it, and the co hosts add a lot. I wish we heard more from them.

3/31/2018 4:20 pm  #4

I never subscribed and probably never will, with the exception of Sean becoming a full time host. I quit listening to the Sirius show when the guest hosts started rotating so I'm not invested in any of them (like Emma or Carly) because I never really got to know them. I'm on here regularly and have never read anything that would change my mind about subscribing; there's just too much other good stuff out there. Honestly, I don't know how listeners handle hearing the same repeated stories over and over, I just couldn't do it and pay for it. 

4/03/2018 9:27 am  #5

Agree with Ican'teveeen. I never subscribed but did come here to read the reaction. I just don't need to listen to more of the same, especially when I wasn't excited about the show towards the end of the run. 
I've been listening to Michelle Collins and think she is the kind of host that we want(ed) Taylor to be. Down to earth, funny and truly self-deprecating. She's fun to listen to. A much better girl of the people.

4/03/2018 9:38 am  #6

Yes! MC is everything.

4/03/2018 7:08 pm  #7

lydia delainey wrote:

Yes! MC is everything.

I would give her a shot if she was on earlier. I’m at work by 7, so I don’t even think about it when it’s on.

4/03/2018 9:01 pm  #8

I know I started the MC thread so I’m biased but I really like her and the show. I only get to listen a few days a week but I lol each time. It’s what I feel Taylor was similar to at one point but with maybe more intelligent content.

Last edited by Longtimelistener (4/03/2018 9:02 pm)

4/24/2024 2:08 pm  #9

Хочешь протестировать? Получи 10 бесплатных лимитов на баланс через промокод "Soroka

4/26/2024 3:34 pm  #10

interesting

Yesterday 7:19 am  #11

interesting!

Board footera