You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/30/2016 8:21 am  #1

kid problems

Hi,

I know lots of you are professionals in many fields and was wondering if someone could help me with my child's problem.  She wakes up repeatedly at night crying for us, so we let her sleep with us.  However, she just started preschool and we want her to try to sleep in her room.  We took her to the store to pick out new bedding and made it exciting.  The first night, she slept but since then she wakes up repeatedly crying for us.  Does anyone have tips on how to get her to sleep in her room without waking us every 2-3 hours?

thanks!

9/09/2016 7:37 am  #2

Re: kid problems

No kiddies, but I heard someone talking about this on the radio a few weeks ago. They tried everything with their kid and nothing worked. Finally they put a single mat on the floor next to the kid in her room and one of the parents slept there. The next night, moved it part way across the room, then out the door, down the hall and so on. The woman said it took about a week and totally sucked not sleeping in her own bed, but worked and the kid hasn't left her bed since.

My nephew had issues at my house being in his own bed, but was fine at home. He sleeps in a day bed here and its pretty high (a single matt and a storage box fit easily underneath) and after a million excuses, finally said he was afraid something was under the bed. I made him a spray bottle of water with lavender and a few drops of food colouring (enough to make it not clear, but not enough to stain anything) and put a Monster Spray label on it. We went through a huge production of spraying all the closets and under all the beds in the house, and told him he could sleep with it and spray if he thought something was there. Haven't had an issue since and the room always smells great in the morning!

9/09/2016 7:45 am  #3

I will try the monster spray.  Thanks!  I may try The mat on the floor but that does sound like it sucks. 
Thanks for the tips!

1/17/2019 3:36 pm  #4

Trying to revive this topic again, but has anyone tried the Taking Cara babies ABCs of sleep? I'm wondering if anyone has and is willing to share some insight with me. 

11/18/2020 3:11 pm  #5

Funnily enough I was listening to SRVs Voodoo Child in the car earlier this afternoon - what a player. Have you ever put up his Sound Check clip on here? Spaced out or what

3/20/2021 2:55 pm  #6

My spouse is having severe health problems and her doctors are willing to provide all the necessary documents. Does US embassy considers the health problems for visitor visa.Thanks in advance

1/24/2024 6:18 am  #7

LilEffer, have you considered trying the suggestion of placing a mat on the floor next to your child's bed gradually moving it over time as a possible solution to help her transition to sleeping in her own room?

2/11/2024 5:57 am  #8

Have you considered trying the suggestion of placing a mat on the floor next to your child's bed gradually moving it over time as a possible solution to help her transition to sleeping in her own room? 

2/23/2024 11:47 pm  #9

Banffedilt wrote:

Have you considered trying the suggestion of placing a mat on the floor next to your child's bed gradually moving it over time as a possible solution to help her transition to sleeping in her own room? 

Is your child's room starting to feel like a distant dreamland, complete with imaginary monsters lurking in the shadows? Perhaps, introducing a "Monster Mat" adventure, where the mat moves closer to her bed each night, could turn the transition into a fun game! Watch as the monsters retreat, and she embraces her newfound solo sleeping kingdom. 

Board footera